• Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
Re: Michigan Class of 2011: where you should be
« Reply #700 on: January 16, 2008, 06:22:51 PM »
Michigan is in the west?

It used to be  :P

« Reply #701 on: January 16, 2008, 06:30:10 PM »
For those traveling to the ASW with a guest, where will you be staying?  Does anyone have any ideas yet?  If we get rooms at the same place, we may be able to get discounts.  Even if we can't, we could still ride together from the hotel to the school to save on parking hassles. 

There are several hotels by I-94 and State Street and by US-23 and Washtenaw (both areas are only a few minutes from the law school by car). 

« Reply #702 on: January 16, 2008, 06:30:47 PM »
Michigan is in the west?

My wife had the same question. 

pikey

• View Profile
« Reply #703 on: January 16, 2008, 06:34:25 PM »
For those traveling to the ASW with a guest, where will you be staying?  Does anyone have any ideas yet?  If we get rooms at the same place, we may be able to get discounts.  Even if we can't, we could still ride together from the hotel to the school to save on parking hassles. 

There are several hotels by I-94 and State Street and by US-23 and Washtenaw (both areas are only a few minutes from the law school by car). 

You're allowed to have a guest at the hotel, I think for an additional $20.  Once again, call the admissions office and they'll take care of it.

« Reply #704 on: January 16, 2008, 06:41:01 PM »

You're allowed to have a guest at the hotel, I think for an additional $20.  Once again, call the admissions office and they'll take care of it.

I was told that you can't have a guest, since they will be doubling people up in the rooms.  They said I had to find my own room, which really bummed me out.  I tried to get a room at the Campus Inn (so I could be in the same place with the other visitors), but it was $230 a night. 

pikey

• View Profile
« Reply #705 on: January 16, 2008, 06:47:01 PM »

I was told that you can't have a guest, since they will be doubling people up in the rooms.  They said I had to find my own room, which really bummed me out.  I tried to get a room at the Campus Inn (so I could be in the same place with the other visitors), but it was $230 a night. 

I'll look into it and let you know what I find out!

awesomepossum

• Playing possum can go too far
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: January 16, 2008, 06:54:13 PM »
yes...from the looks of the letter from admissions, if you're bringing someone, you're on your own.

flyaway

• View Profile
« Reply #707 on: January 16, 2008, 07:03:56 PM »
Yeah, last year they made it sound like they might find accommodations for you with a guest, but when I tried, they told me the ASW was too full for that.  Maybe this year they're just going ahead and saying no.

GCoop.

• View Profile
« Reply #708 on: January 16, 2008, 07:05:39 PM »
The Big Ten used to be called The West Conference.

« Reply #709 on: January 16, 2008, 07:07:47 PM »
Yeah, last year they made it sound like they might find accommodations for you with a guest, but when I tried, they told me the ASW was too full for that.  Maybe this year they're just going ahead and saying no.

Where did you end up staying?  Were you happy there?