75 (39.3%)

Total Members Voted: 191

Michigan Class of 2011: where you should be

pikey

• Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
Re: Michigan Class of 2011: where you should be
« Reply #720 on: January 17, 2008, 09:07:25 AM »
How does the class selection actually differ between summer start and fall?

From what I read there are 6 required class and Legal Practice (I,II).

Summer starters take 2 of the 6 and Legal Practice I in the summer.  Do we then take 3 in the fall and Legal Practice II?  What happens in the Spring?  1 required courses and all electives?

What about fall starters? 3 required in the fall and Legal Practice I? 3 required in spring, Legal Practice II, and an elective?

Also, I saw Legal Practice I and II on the UMich website along with another class called Legal Practice Skills.  Is that a separate class, and when do you take it?

TYIA for anyone that can help.

Do any current summer starters have any advice or info about Torts w/Clark and Contracts w/Ben-Shahar?  Now that us summer starters know our classes it seems a lot closer to May!

I'm excited.  I was reading the bios of the two professors and was really, really impressed.

The bolded is exactly what happens.  Neither SS nor FS have a choice in what core classes they take when or what professors they have.

Legal Practice Skills is the same as Legal Practice 1.  They aren't separate in any way, so I don't why they list them as a separate class.

Tetris

• Michigan Rocks
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: January 17, 2008, 09:09:46 AM »
I feel like I'm missing out-- I didn't even know about summer start. Man that'd be nice though-- get everything situated so early. Sigh.

t L

• View Profile
« Reply #722 on: January 17, 2008, 09:48:56 AM »
I feel like I'm missing out-- I didn't even know about summer start. Man that'd be nice though-- get everything situated so early. Sigh.

If you're interested, you should give them a call.  I know it fills up quickly.

The bolded is exactly what happens.  Neither SS nor FS have a choice in what core classes they take when or what professors they have.

Legal Practice Skills is the same as Legal Practice 1.  They aren't separate in any way, so I don't why they list them as a separate class.

TY.  I can't believe after one year we'll basically be half-way done.  Wow.

« Reply #723 on: January 17, 2008, 10:49:14 AM »
Anyone have suggestions about supplements to use for Torts and Contracts?

flyaway

• View Profile
« Reply #724 on: January 17, 2008, 01:51:51 PM »
Joyce, I'll give you some suggestions this summer, but NOT YET!!

hollowman988

• I took her home after midnight...
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: January 17, 2008, 02:18:22 PM »
Anyone have suggestions about supplements to use for Torts and Contracts?

Woah woah woah, Joyce.  That will NOT be tolerated in JANUARY before your first year.

Shark Week

• officially a Michigan troll now
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: January 17, 2008, 02:38:11 PM »

Summer start costs like 30k more than fall start, so it's probably not for everyone.

hollowman988

• I took her home after midnight...
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: January 17, 2008, 02:46:25 PM »
Do any current summer starters have any advice or info about Torts w/Clark and Contracts w/Ben-Shahar?  Now that us summer starters know our classes it seems a lot closer to May!

I've got some useful stuff for you, but on principle I feel like I shouldn't be sending you outlines/notes until it warms up a little bit. 

My main advice, after consultation with many summer starters, is to enjoy your free time.  You will have lots of it, so enjoy the more relaxed pace of the summer.

rtqw

• Jim Tressel drinks wine coolers
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #728 on: January 17, 2008, 03:03:44 PM »

Summer start costs like 30k more than fall start, so it's probably not for everyone.

Well, summer starters can graduate a semester early (and my impression is that most do) - so you're still paying for six semesters either way, although summer starters are paying half of the total cost in the first year.

Tetris

• Michigan Rocks
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: January 17, 2008, 04:01:30 PM »
Are any of you guys who are going to Michigan in 2011 *sure* that you're going to Michigan, despite who else might accept you? I'm curious. I'm so in love with it I'm tempted to withdraw everywhere else. My biggest concern is (1) if Cornell accepts me I don't know what to do, and (2) I want to keep a lower-cost school option.