Law School Discussion

ITT a BU 1L and a BC 1L answer questions with civility

Re: ITT a BU 1L and a BC 1L answer questions with civility
« Reply #140 on: March 21, 2008, 03:55:29 PM »
I wanna work in PI too, and am risking a lot by going and turning down 90k at Tulane (which is a school that I LOVE) BTW, but BU is absolutely fantastic. I spent 2 hours today with a grad at my Biglaw firm talking about the school. He was extatic with his experience there.

I've heard this from someone else that works biglaw in NYC.  He knows people from BU, and he said they LOVED it there. 

Their teacher quality is supposedly top-notch.  I would enjoy that. 

I dunno, dude. You should really think about it. Out of all of these schools, only BU will give you the flexibility to leave it's home market. That's worth a LOT.

Edit: Also, there will be bears there!  ;)

The flexibility is another big plus about BU. 

But I'm still worried if I don't finish in the top half.  Is there anyone that can talk about this that goes to BU? 

I'm not lying to you when I say that it's one of my top choices. I applied for a public interest scholarship there also, so they might make the decision for me!  :)

And, the bear factor might sway me.  :D

BearlyLegal

• And the greatest threat to America is... Bears!!!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #141 on: March 21, 2008, 04:00:38 PM »
I wanna work in PI too, and am risking a lot by going and turning down 90k at Tulane (which is a school that I LOVE) BTW, but BU is absolutely fantastic. I spent 2 hours today with a grad at my Biglaw firm talking about the school. He was extatic with his experience there.

I've heard this from someone else that works biglaw in NYC.  He knows people from BU, and he said they LOVED it there. 

I dunno, dude. You should really think about it. Out of all of these schools, only BU will give you the flexibility to leave it's home market. That's worth a LOT.

But I'm still worried if I don't finish in the top half.  Is there anyone that can talk about this that goes to BU? 

I'm not lying to you when I say that it's one of my top choices. I applied for a public interest scholarship there also, so they might make the decision for me!  :)

::Crosses fingers for UO::  :)

« Reply #142 on: March 21, 2008, 05:18:36 PM »
Bear is dangerous now, he is turning into a BU troll.  *hides under a BC acceptance.

BearlyLegal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #143 on: March 21, 2008, 05:27:46 PM »
Bear is dangerous now, he is turning into a BU troll.  *hides under a BC acceptance.
Ok, if you wanna go to BC, that's cool too! I just want you in boston to go drinking with!

Cheese, I depend on you to brainwash PC into going to BC over USC. We would make an awesome group!

« Reply #144 on: March 21, 2008, 05:32:50 PM »

"Trolls" are nasty creatures.  Bearly is a sophisticated beast. 

BearlyLegal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #145 on: March 21, 2008, 05:33:39 PM »

That's true. Check the sophisticated smoking jacket.  ;)

« Reply #146 on: March 21, 2008, 05:33:56 PM »

Give me some more reasons to attend BU!  :P

« Reply #147 on: March 21, 2008, 05:34:20 PM »

That's true. Check the sophisticated smoking jacket.  ;)

You keep it real, "G."

BearlyLegal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #148 on: March 21, 2008, 05:35:03 PM »

Cheese and PC will be there! ;)

« Reply #149 on: March 21, 2008, 05:37:06 PM »

Cheese and PC will be there! ;)

Touche!

I don't know though.  If wiimote doesn't go, I doubt I can force myself to attend.  ::)