Law School Discussion

UC Hastings 1L taking questions

Re: UC Hastings 1L taking questions
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2007, 06:24:42 AM »
How close are you guys to UCSF?  Are you guys affiliated at all?  I'm asking 'cause I'd like to know what kind of resources from UCSF might be available to UC Hastings students (like, things undergrad offices supply like cheap show tickets, the auditorium, joining their orchestra, clubs, their gym, etc).  'Cause looking at UC Hastings on Google Earth, it's kinda small - there must be a place you guys go to go wild!

UCSF is very small and it's only for grads as well...

« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2007, 08:36:40 AM »
Is it true that most UC Hastings students are from UC schools, I heard that the admissions people prefer UC students?

« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2007, 12:39:37 PM »
TURBOBOY: We are not affiliated with UCSF for the most part except for the fact that they let us stay at the Mission Bay apartments and allow us to use their gym at a discounted rate. UCSF now has Mission Bay campus in addition to the primary Parnassus campus and Hastings is no where near either.

DCGIRL: It is true that most (more than 50%) Hastings students are from UCs but this does not necessarily mean that Hastings has a preference for them. If UCs are a majority, it is a very marginal majority. There is still a strong representation of other schools. Just from my section alone, I can think of people from Columbia, Stanford (quite a few of these guys at Hastings), Brown, Brandeis, Wellesley, Princeton and Tufts.

Guess who's coming to dinner?!?

• Don't call it a come back
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2007, 12:51:45 AM »
TURBOBOY: We are not affiliated with UCSF for the most part except for the fact that they let us stay at the Mission Bay apartments and allow us to use their gym at a discounted rate. UCSF now has Mission Bay campus in addition to the primary Parnassus campus and Hastings is no where near either.

DCGIRL: It is true that most (more than 50%) Hastings students are from UCs but this does not necessarily mean that Hastings has a preference for them. If UCs are a majority, it is a very marginal majority. There is still a strong representation of other schools. Just from my section alone, I can think of people from Columbia, Stanford (quite a few of these guys at Hastings), Brown, Brandeis, Wellesley, Princeton and Tufts.

You sound like a commercial for Hastings.  Barf. 

« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2007, 01:06:12 AM »

You sound like a commercial for Hastings.  Barf. 

hmmm i thought it was pretty helpful. whats your beef?

« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2007, 04:01:33 PM »
I think she goes to Hastings  :o

« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2007, 08:18:55 PM »
the information is accurate, but it did sound like a commercial.

« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2007, 09:29:05 AM »
They're paying me with Galaxy Pizza. 

« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2007, 08:44:01 PM »
If you really want to stay in LA and you get some money from Loyola (it costs about 10k more than Hastings) and you know you want to work in LA after law school, then Loyola isn't a bad choice at all. I know Hastings has alums all over CA but I think Loyola, even though they are ranked lower, may have a stronger pull in the LA market than Hastings, at least for some firms. I think if you are in the top 20% at Loyola you will do just fine. Loyola also has a much larger campus and it's pretty nice too. I love San Francisco so Hastings was an easy choice for me. If you're going to have problems moving away from your girlfriend and you don't like SF that much then I'd probably go with Loyola.

hmmmz

« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2007, 07:30:09 PM »
very large handful of 2 and 3Ls that have 160k offers

have they been informed how many hours/week they will be working???