Law School Discussion

Wash U Waitlist

Re: Wash U Waitlist
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2004, 05:08:09 PM »
drewpac- you heard back that fast?  I applied to Washington in December and I have not heard a peep from them since they verified they had gotten all of my materials!

In the meantime, I got into better schools and got nearly full rides to them.  I don't know what trouble Washington is having with it.  You would think it wouldn't be that hard.

That is strange.  They sent me my waitlist letter a week after I went complete.  You should call them and ask them if they've made a decision.  Maybe your acceptance letter was lost in the mail.  Also, if you don't plan on going to WashU withdraw your app so dumbasses like myself can get in :)

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2004, 05:28:16 PM »
Yeah, what he said.  Im amazed that anyone hasnt received a letter from WashU yet.  They have doinked and waitlisted A LOT of people.

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2004, 08:31:36 PM »
I'm half holding out to see what they have to offer.  But Law Schools like to send you all sorts of crap.  I would htink even if the letter got lost, a financial aid packet or a letter from an alum or something would have made it through.

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2004, 08:50:19 PM »
Good point.  Maybe your just too good from them.  Congrats on your other offers and scholies!

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2004, 08:26:25 AM »
i feel your pain.  am also on the wash u waitlist with a 3.78/161 from georgetown.  good luck!

junbug77m

• 160/3.1 BS in BME/EE double major, Master's in BME
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2004, 11:08:21 PM »
I'm on the waitlist as well.  I called the admissions office yesterday, and the lady said they were expecting to take about 20-30 people from the waitlist.  I don't know how many people are staying on the wait list though.  any ideas?

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2004, 07:23:37 AM »
check lawschoolnumbers.com, at least you'll have a better feel for what you're up against.

I got a very nice email from the admissions office yesterday letting me know I was accepted.  I'm just waiting on my scholarship offer, now.

Good luck everyone!

Lavia

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2004, 03:53:15 AM »
Hello,

I received a waitlist letter yesterday from Wash. U. too. Wash U. is my first choice. I applied really late, like on the deadline day. I had gotten an unsolicited application and waiver from them and was impressed.

Did your letters have a personalized handwritten note? I'm hoping that means they really do want me. I figure if they wrote everyone a note, then I might not be so special.

I'm older (30), Black, and had a very personal, strong, personal statement (my recent experience with the law), though my scores were low compared to many of you (155avg, 2.7gpa, but from U Mich).

I'll be sending them a letter today reiterating my interest.

Good luck everyone!