Law School Discussion

Wash U Waitlist

Wash U Waitlist
« on: March 13, 2004, 05:43:16 PM »
I was waitlisted at Wash U today.  3.2, 164. 
I didn't really want to go to Wash U anyway but it has me worried about the rest of my pending decisions.  I applied very late and I fear that I won't be getting into my desired school, GW (part-time). 

So, if you have been waitlisted at Wash U join me here.

Re: Wash U Waitlist
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2004, 06:54:29 PM »
i was waitlisted at Wash U also... have you heard anything about getting in off the wait list? it wasnt one of my top choices but i have been waitlisted at a few other places and would def consider it if i got in...

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2004, 08:58:39 AM »
I have not heard about the likelihood of getting off of the waitlist.  Within two hours of receiving the letter I had placed a letter of continuing interest in the mail. 

ebrumm

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2004, 11:58:39 AM »
When you say you applied very late - How late? Not past the deadline late, right?

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2004, 01:33:49 PM »
I applied on February 10.  I know, I'm an idiot.

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2004, 05:19:43 PM »
I just got my waitlist letter at WashU.  Im a 162, 2.8 (3.7 in the last 5 years).  Im not holding out alot of hope.

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2004, 07:22:02 PM »
k i used to be stillwaiting but i forgot my password and couldnt log back on.. im an idiot....anyway...i am not holding my breath either for the waitlist but hoping nonetheless to get off of it...i dont know anyone who goes there though so im not sure what their pattern is for un-waitlisting people

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2004, 07:28:57 PM »
I was waitlisted at Wash U too.  3.36/154, 165.  I need to send in that letter before I forget about it.

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2004, 09:55:16 PM »
ACK!  I was about to put my waitlist response letter in the mail and gave it final check and was missing an entire word as a typo! 

I can read the mind of the adcomm now 'this guy cant even proofread....DING!'

and there would have ended the story of Aonghus and WashU... if he hadn't quadruple checked it :)

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2004, 12:11:45 AM »
drewpac- you heard back that fast?  I applied to Washington in December and I have not heard a peep from them since they verified they had gotten all of my materials!

In the meantime, I got into better schools and got nearly full rides to them.  I don't know what trouble Washington is having with it.  You would think it wouldn't be that hard.