« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2007, 12:20:08 PM »
Yea, you guys are acting like this cost $200. It's $18. calm the @#!* down

LatherVinceRepeat

• You’re so money
    • View Profile
Re: Virtual LSAT Proctor
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2007, 01:23:33 PM »
lol...this is wiggity wack, yo.

man, if that's what it means to be innovative, then i'm definitely in the wrong industry....and if that's what it meant to be innovative, i believe we'd still be stuck in the dark ages. ;)

...i guess this vid may help people get familiar with lsat procedure, tho i fail to see any real benefits beyond that.

it's on a tv, ffs

(its kinda like...watching one of those virtual-sex tapes on tv vs doing a chick IRL...dont get me wrong - pr0n has been a valuable teacher wrt procedure, but its definitely no substitute for being balls deep in a moist vagi..err u get the picture...)

anyway, maybe its just me, but... having gone thru a couple lsat administrations, i just don't see how a 3hr multi-track video could mimic that extreme-stress-inducing environment...(tho, i hear cuervo helps)

what worked for me was doing practice runs at a public library, at a starsucks, at a pub, culminating to doing it at the actual location a couple of weeks before the real deal.

however, i've never had an issue with stress, so i probably can't relate to what some of you are going thru... the only time i really got stressed was while i was waiting for the results of a paternity test from this one ho-bag i dated... (and NO, MAURY. THAT BABY AINT MINE!)

oh yeah, looks like mason got that site an additional 1000hits and at least 2 orders... they should give the DVD to u for free. ;)

...i really hope it helps you guys out.

v to the nizzi c to the izze, be-yotch!

« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2007, 09:50:03 PM »
Innovative in the sense that it really hasn't been done before, and I think it can be a beneficial tool of preparation for a few folks here.

It's testing conditions in a DVD.

I can't stand doing sections in our school's Starbucks. I guess some might not agree with me, but I like hearing someone call out 5 minutes left. I want directions read to me before I start an exam - I'm sure that'll get me in the test taking mode.

« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2007, 10:49:57 PM »
I didn't say it was actual LSAT conditions - I said it was testing conditions on a DVD.

That means that no matter how hard you try, those testing conditions are going to be on a DVD - surely a limit to the benefits one can receive from this product.

I've already discussed specifically why I'd like this DVD. The 5 minute warning, the visual simulation of a classroom, exam directions to get me calm before starting.

Innovative in the sense that nobody has promoted a computer timer with a video for the LSAT before, True.

And that's what I meant when I said "It's testing conditions in a DVD.

Anyway, I've done the exams with Powerscore. I've done exams in my room, and at Starbucks... totally not the same feeling for me.

Essentially this can't really be debatable yet, or maybe even at all considering that we haven't received the DVD yet... and it is a matter of opinion.

« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2007, 10:25:19 AM »
I didn't say it was actual LSAT conditions - I said it was testing conditions on a DVD.

That means that no matter how hard you try, those testing conditions are going to be on a DVD - surely a limit to the benefits one can receive from this product.

I've already discussed specifically why I'd like this DVD. The 5 minute warning, the visual simulation of a classroom, exam directions to get me calm before starting.

Innovative in the sense that nobody has promoted a computer timer with a video for the LSAT before, True.

Anyway, I've done the exams with Powerscore. I've done exams in my room, and at Starbucks... totally not the same feeling for me.

Essentially this can't really be debatable yet, or maybe even at all considering that we haven't received the DVD yet... and it is a matter of opinion.

Apply some logical reasoning to the bolds above.  Testing conditions on a DVD?

Paying to learn how to tell time at this point in your education just seems really silly.

What you say is silly also. Take test at starbucks? Yeah that will help!  Hearing some dumb sorrity girls talk about where they want to go for dinner is really going to help you simulate test day conditions.

The DVD  is a good idea for people who have trouble taking full length test.  I have no idea how anyone normal can do anything other than check their email or talk on the phone at starbucks. You might as well go to the mall.

« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2007, 02:06:06 PM »
The DVD is at my house now. When I get home I will watch it and give a review

Jedi Master

• Do or do not. There is no try.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2007, 02:28:15 PM »

Apply some logical reasoning to the bolds above.  Testing conditions on a DVD?

Paying to learn how to tell time at this point in your education just seems really silly.

What you say is silly also. Take test at starbucks? Yeah that will help!  Hearing some dumb sorrity girls talk about where they want to go for dinner is really going to help you simulate test day conditions.

The DVD  is a good idea for people who have trouble taking full length test.  I have no idea how anyone normal can do anything other than check their email or talk on the phone at starbucks. You might as well go to the mall.

That is why you fail, young Padawan.

« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2007, 02:49:36 PM »
I guess you didn't understand what I meant when I said that "Actual Testing Conditions" and "Testing Conditions on a DVD" are two very different things.

I got the DVD, it looks great - except for the proctor's bad acting. He keeps staring at you! Damn you Mr. Virtual Proctor.

J_

• YOU! Yeah!!!! That guy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2007, 03:39:29 PM »
It bums me out when the person next me starts underlining like a fiend in RC sections.   I'm going to have my girlfriend start underlining words in the dictionary for 35 minutes straight during my next practice test.

(kidding, of course)

« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2007, 06:19:06 PM »
We've been marketing his product very well I believe lol

DVDs sold by the truck load!

I don't know - but it's a good video. I approve.