Law School Discussion

What do I do?!?! -- Penn $$$ vs. Harvard

IF

• View Profile
Re: What do I do?!?! -- Penn $$$ vs. Harvard
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2007, 09:43:38 PM »
Go to Harvard.  Penn, in my opinion, is over-rated on many different levels.  I'm not saying it's not a great school- it is- but it's no where close to Harvard's quality.

« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2007, 09:57:08 PM »
Dancerina goes to Penn, so I'd go there.   :-* :-*

y thank you hank  :D philly is pretty close to new york...visit us penn kids sometime!

go to penn!!!! we are very collegial!!! plus...fighting quakers..come on, very fierce

haha...but really...go to penn  :D

Earlier I said go to Penn.  I forgot dancerina was going to Penn.  Go to Harvard.

dont pay attention to bosco...hell be transferring to penn by next year

I don't think your opportunities will be that different between Harvard and Penn.  If anything you'll be more limited in your options by going to Harvard because of the debt.  If you go to Harvard you'll be miserable for the next 8 years, during law school and as you pay off your debt.  There's a peculiar unhappy vibe at Harvard not present at any other top 10 school.  I really think this is an easy decision - go to Penn.  I don't see any argument in favor of Harvard.

However, stay away from dancerina...PM me and I'll let you know who she is so you can avoid her.

ahhh...f^%k you bosco!!!

stay away from that bosco kid...he is quite the shady character

..but again, go to penn...thats a ton of money and it will change your options post graduation drastically

Hank Rearden

• Zurich is stained
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2007, 10:00:19 PM »

y thank you hank  :D philly is pretty close to new york...visit us penn kids sometime!

Of course I would love to, but isn't there something sexy about visiting NEW YORK?  (besides those columbia kids ;).  Also I never really gave you credit since you knew I was coming here before I did.)

« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2007, 10:02:30 PM »

Of course I would love to, but isn't there something sexy about visiting NEW YORK?  (besides those columbia kids ;).  Also I never really gave you credit since you knew I was coming here before I did.)

haha..i told ya so hank!!! i could just tell these things :)

The Pookie

• the penguin is back!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2007, 10:03:34 PM »

eh NYC is a bit expensive for my taste

but of course, that comment wasn't directed at me.. :)

Hank Rearden

• Zurich is stained
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2007, 10:04:33 PM »
I say we turn this into a "Hank and dancerina flirt with each other" thread. 

IF

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2007, 10:06:30 PM »
Go to Harvard.  Penn, in my opinion, is over-rated on many different levels.  I'm not saying it's not a great school- it is- but it's no where close to Harvard's quality.

I don't think anyone would argue the fact that Harvard is a higher quality school, but you really think that's worth the debt?

Yes.  I know that the amount of money we're talking about seems large.  But in the long run it's not.  Harvard will cost 150k; which is about what biglaw will pay in 1 year.  If you do public interest LRAP should cover it.  

Harvard will open doors that Penn students won't see, much less get through.  If the schools were Penn and Gtown or Harvard and Columbia, then yeah, the cost would play a factor because those schools have only a small difference in quality.  But the jump from Harvard to Penn is too large.

The Pookie

• the penguin is back!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2007, 10:07:36 PM »
what do you base this assumption on IF?

IF

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2007, 10:14:40 PM »
I'm assuming you mean my last point.

First off, this post was to clarify my original one.  As I stated there, this is just my opinion.

But I formed my opinion based on the info Brian Leiter collected, the USNWR rankings (looking back over the years), the accusations (to my knowledge, they aren't proven) regarding Penn's manipulation of data, and talking to attorneys in 3 different regions.

IF

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2007, 10:34:27 PM »
TITCR; both of them.

I just honestly don't believe that Harvard is only "slightly" better then Penn.  And as for the doors, I don't know.  I'm not at Harvard  ;D.  But I still believe in what I can't see, and from what attorneys have told me, if you have the chance to go to Harvard, go; no matter the cost.