your favorite guitar effects

Johnny Stuffs His Mouth

• 1/2 of the Golden Couple
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: your favorite guitar effects
« Reply #50 on: April 25, 2007, 12:19:47 PM »
http://youtube.com/watch?v=8vdJvHE8qxA&mode=related&search=

I really like what Victor does at I think about 2:12.

Quail!

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 25, 2007, 01:33:36 PM »
While we're posting videos, this man embodies the notion of "tone" being in the fingers

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qAF2b6fcAQc

ě

• non sequitur
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 25, 2007, 01:36:14 PM »
KeNo did you really just say you prefer an Ibanez to a PRS? eugh....

and yeah, black fat strat pour moi

Heh, well I needs more precision I guess. Ibanez is in general not all that, but the Steve Vai signature guitars are actually really awesome, and so are quite  afew of the other JEM series. Outside that, I have no big love for Ibanez no :)

bamf

• legal eagle
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 25, 2007, 05:11:39 PM »
A tube screamer...now that is something that Ibanez made that is worth while...

I'll second this ... great pedal ... the key to Trey Anastasio's sound is a pair of tube screamers

also, I use a TubeWorks overdrive pedal ... the black one, with the tube in it.  I'm not even sure if they make it anymore, as a google search didn't yield much but dated reviews.  My band days are pretty far behind me (almost dropped out of high school for the band at one point) so I'm not as up on current technology as I once was.

« Reply #54 on: April 25, 2007, 08:29:04 PM »
Is it me, or is playing an instrument the greatest stress relief ever?  I almost killed myself when I had to go about 10 days without playing my bass.

SugarJ

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 25, 2007, 08:39:35 PM »
I like my Fender Stratocaster, thankyouverymuch.

Agreed. Put a nice humbucker on mine. It's sweeeeeeeeeeeet

Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 25, 2007, 09:03:06 PM »

I'll second this ... great pedal ... the key to Trey Anastasio's sound is a pair of tube screamers

also, I use a TubeWorks overdrive pedal ... the black one, with the tube in it.  I'm not even sure if they make it anymore, as a google search didn't yield much but dated reviews.  My band days are pretty far behind me (almost dropped out of high school for the band at one point) so I'm not as up on current technology as I once was.

I believe that Stevie Ray Vaughn also used the tubescreamer...

Quail!

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 25, 2007, 10:27:00 PM »

I believe that Stevie Ray Vaughn also used the tubescreamer...

That he did

« Reply #58 on: April 26, 2007, 06:15:29 AM »

also, I use a TubeWorks overdrive pedal ... the black one, with the tube in it.

You know, I remember those and was always curious about them. At the time you could walk into Sam Ash or whatever and buy one, they were a little out of my price range, but I've heard they were pretty cool. A lot of people are into Big Muffs but I think for a everyday distorted sound, they are a little much.

As far as just effects go, I have to say that prob my favorite is a Memory Man delay which I think they started making again recently. It has a nice clean delay tone that doesn't alter your sound (most digital delays change the sound). The major downside is since its analog, you can't really dial in your delay in a beats per minute fashion like you can with the digital guys.

bamf

• legal eagle
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 26, 2007, 07:32:31 AM »

also, I use a TubeWorks overdrive pedal ... the black one, with the tube in it.

You know, I remember those and was always curious about them. At the time you could walk into Sam Ash or whatever and buy one, they were a little out of my price range, but I've heard they were pretty cool. A lot of people are into Big Muffs but I think for a everyday distorted sound, they are a little much.

yeah its a quality sound ... at the time I purchased it I was pulling double duty, bass in one band, guitar in the other, so I didn't have the cash for a tube amp ... so for all but the cleanest of sounds I would leave the overdrive pedal on for some nice tube dirtyness and then use the two amp distortion settings.