Law School Discussion

HLS Class of 2010!!!

Re: HLS Class of 2010
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2007, 10:22:45 AM »
I applied for dorms, and will apply for HAH this weekend. Does anyone know what our chances are of getting a dorm if we apply/ getting a decent lottery number? I guess I have to wait until May 4th to find out...

I attended the housing info session at ASW, and they said that they were going to make every effort to accommodate each 1L who wants to live in the dorms, and that they didn't anticipate anyone who really wants a dorm room getting left out.

« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2007, 10:59:50 AM »
I'm new to this discussion board & thought I'd add my "I'll be joining you all at HLS in 2010" post! I went to the ASW & thought it was a bit disorganized. But I really liked everyone I met & it got me excited for the fall.

I really could have used this board as I was going through the agonizing application process & then the decision-making process but oh, well! Can't wait to meet you all in the fall!

As for housing, I'm applying for both the dorms & HAH (though as a slightly older student who loves to cook I'm really pulling for HAH). Has anyone had trouble with the application? I'm on a mac & my Affiliation on the application defaults to Administrative Officer & I can't change it... so it doesn't let me move on the the next part of the application.  ???

I had issues with that as well; just change your affiliation (if you can) to graduate. Which I assumed meant graduate student. Which we are.

Chef Gordon Ramsay

• shut it down!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2007, 03:13:51 PM »
Out of curiosity, what exactly did people find "disorganized" about the ASW?

« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2007, 08:06:44 AM »
Out of curiosity, what exactly did people find "disorganized" about the ASW?

I think it started with no real indication of where to go for the first event on Sunday morning. There was nothing in the schedule to tell us that Ropes-Gray was a room in Pound & then there were no signs or people to help us find our way... I felt it was our first "test" to see who would make it to the 2nd floor of Pound where there was finally a sign to tell me I was in the right place.

Then it felt like there was no real start to the days events with a welcome speech... Later a student who was supposed to speak on the public interest panel just didn't show up (supposedly because the 3L "prom" was the night before... though I think the panel was at 11, which seems late enough to me).

I guess most of my reaction comes from the fact that I had visited NYU a couple weeks before & found it to be a much better "show."

« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2007, 07:43:30 AM »
Has anyone seen anything about a pet policy in HAH? I figured that no news was bad news, but the bf suggested that some professors probably have pets, and maybe there really isn't a no-pet policy. I want a puppy desperately.

« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2007, 08:26:12 AM »
There is a no pet policy for students- if you're a professor, you can do whatever you want, including have a pet in HAH. Oh, and from what I gather, some of the apartments in HAH are furnished and some aren't.

Chef Gordon Ramsay

• shut it down!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2007, 08:44:17 AM »
another q: are the affiliated housing units furnished?

The ones I looked at weren't. Ikea, here I come.

« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2007, 09:32:38 AM »
There is a no pet policy for students- if you're a professor, you can do whatever you want, including have a pet in HAH. Oh, and from what I gather, some of the apartments in HAH are furnished and some aren't.

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2007, 09:53:21 AM »
Hi everyone--I've sent in my seat deposit and am now in the position of trying to figure out where to live...I've been out of school some years and have been living in my own apt. for 6 years, so the thought of living in Gropius is daunting.

When's everyone moving to Cambridge? Any idea when class sections will be assigned?

-Jenni

« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2007, 09:54:53 AM »
I know how you feel dashrashi- I have the cutest cat my mom's been trying to get me to leave with her all through college, and I finally have to give in. In the long run, though, its probably better not to have to lug bags of cat food and litter from the store without a car. That reminds me, is anyone bringing their car? I really want to bring mine but I get the impression that it may be more trouble than its worth?