Law School Discussion

Bush Administration done ANYTHING right? (Locked due to moron (BW) infestation)

GraphiteDirigible

• Hey there fancypants.
    • View Profile
Re: Has the Bush Administration done ANYTHING right? List them.
« Reply #130 on: July 18, 2007, 09:59:07 PM »
I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop. Seems ok though.

GraphiteDirigible

• Hey there fancypants.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 18, 2007, 10:00:51 PM »
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13300363/

I was in Australia when this was announced, literally saw this on TV after walking in the door after being on out at the Great Barrier Reef all day. I felt like a one-upper. It was glorious.

Alright, that's one... possibly...

Possibly? What's bad about it?

Well... its almost to good to be true, no?

??? I don't know, I don't know much about marine life or nature reserves. I thought you had some specific negatives in mind.

I'd say "Poorly-veiled attempt at looking like an environmentalist after already pissing on every environmental issue to cross his desk" would be my biggest single specific negative. Not that it isn't a good thing, but it reeks of desperation for approval.

Cheers! I knew somebody could make it a bad thing.

« Reply #132 on: July 18, 2007, 10:20:06 PM »
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13300363/

I was in Australia when this was announced, literally saw this on TV after walking in the door after being on out at the Great Barrier Reef all day. I felt like a one-upper. It was glorious.

Alright, that's one... possibly...

Possibly? What's bad about it?

Well... its almost to good to be true, no?

??? I don't know, I don't know much about marine life or nature reserves. I thought you had some specific negatives in mind.

I'd say "Poorly-veiled attempt at looking like an environmentalist after already pissing on every environmental issue to cross his desk" would be my biggest single specific negative. Not that it isn't a good thing, but it reeks of desperation for approval.

Doesn't make it a bad act, though. I'm not too concerned about the motivations of GW; from what I know the creation of marine reserve thing was a good act.

->Soon

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 19, 2007, 06:14:15 AM »
http://www.sptimes.com/2007/07/19/Opinion/US_took_eye_off_prize.shtml

Ive been saying this for years!!!

aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgg ggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhh

->Soon

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 19, 2007, 06:23:29 AM »
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/07/18/AR2007071801434.html

Bush: No Deal On Children's Health Plan
President Says He Objects On Philosophical Grounds

By Christopher Lee
Washington Post Staff Writer
Thursday, July 19, 2007; Page A03

President Bush yesterday rejected entreaties by his Republican allies that he compromise with Democrats on legislation to renew a popular program that provides health coverage to poor children, saying that expanding the program would enlarge the role of the federal government at the expense of private insurance.

yeah, im sure the insurance companies are just fighting to insure poor kids,....

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• "make a friend who was once a stranger" br.war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: July 20, 2007, 12:49:51 AM »
as an independent aye refer to you as an anal sphincter muscle with loose diarrhea for a refute...at least the policies of bush are active...successful...engaged and still operations in progress and not a vacuum of apathy and military vulnerability which clinton spaced out for the united states...bush's "don't tread on me" philosophy is why he was the right man for the job...for the strength of action he has shown will be with us for a very long time...need aye mention that there has not been one hair harmed on an american head on american soil...the facts are with me...and what aye advocate is the "don't tread on me" status quo...which franklin embraced when he spotted his first united states marine drummer and pondered the rattlesnake as our national symbol..you and your ilk are too powerless or too stupid to realize the past growing storm which bush has met with head on force...get used to it or move to canada...you have a cumbucket mentality, john...and aye mean that in the most genuine way. the problem is you are looking farther up the road and you should be looking further the road...look up the difference, john...or do you prefer the cowardly buster drumroll? ;)

go ahead...bumbleclot...refute it... ;)

easily done, you republican rectum:

a. declaring war on "crescenting guerrillas"

yes, gump see war against terrorism as way promote christianity over islam, but this not something be proud.  nor is fact that he losing his war, big-time.

{In 1993, al-qaeda associate ramzi yousef used a truck bomb to attack the world trade center in new york city...on february 23, 1998, osama bin laden and ayman al-zawahiri, a leader of egyptian islamic jihad, along with three other islamist leaders, co-signed and issued a fatwa (binding religious edict)...was also the year of the first major terrorist attack reliably attributed to al-Qaeda- the u.s. embassy bombings in east africa...in october 2000, al-qaeda militants in yemen bombed the missile destroyer u.s.s. cole...september 11, 2001 attacks with bin laden; al-zawahiri; khalid shaikh mohammed; and hambali on world trade center--self defense, moron...opposing their force with superior force...intimidation...islami sts reach outrage when they perceive disrespect for their religion and kill a few people...with an active war on "crescenting guerrillas" the usa will not be intimidated.}

b. taking an active military and clandestine offensive against dr. ayman al zawahiri...bin laden and other "al quedah" leaders...

taking on and losing.  how bin laden doing, putz?  wanna bet whether he in office longer than gump?
in meantime, we not being protected in this and other ways.  hey, anyone, want build dirty bomb?

{kill or find the killers before they strike...cooperation from moderate muslim friends will help and intelligence-gathering has and will help...hey, buffy...osama bin laden is incapacitated or dead...al-zawahiri is the focus now...bunker busters have helped}

c. proceeding with military offensive against military dictator and genocidal regime in saddam hussein and baath party extremists.

sure enough, and now americans dying for new and different genocidal regimes.  iranians big winners in iraq.
{glad you agree...and kurds and basra shiites{arabs} are winners...not iran{persians}...get your history straight}

d. killing uday and qusay...the future dictatoral leaders of iraq.

yes, he caught two particular people who no better fighters than you.  big whoop.  they not going anywhere by then, except maybe olympics.

{sad that you are naive and have no understanding of a family regimes...husseins sons would be akin to hitler}

e. placing united states security forces back into the middle east to reassert usa strength of force.

and show that we can get our ass handed to us, and good.  brilliant!

{you watch too much cnn fox and msnbc...our asses kicked out a military regime in iraq and brought a democratic government to power...and guess what...not even 4,000 soldiers have been lost...pales in comparison to casualties during ww2...vietnam...and korea (that is an effective military and medical corps)...our asses kicked the taliban out of control and brought a democratic government to afghanistan...the us show of force is strategically positioned along the border of iran...where it will remain for a very long time...and when the next president is elected it will be moved to the periphery of mesopoetamia...and an easement will encroach...}

f. kicking tenet out of cia and reorganizing internal intelligence to include many arabic speaking operatives.

yes, we must have four or five by now.  gump also politicized cia, just like everything else.  maybe it time hear more about uranium tubes.

{william fisher is a cover story...arabic speaking operatives are a big expense on the payroll...don't worry sheep like you don't need to know about such things...see...you puerilely bought the uranium tube theory...are you stupid?}

g. nominating roberts and alito...and pushing roberts as cj. 

yes, never can have enough fascist suck-ups on court.

{or men of prudent judgement who will further than the bush white house procedures...even farther than 2009... follow the constitution instead of human liberal weakness which if any they have should be toward the constitution...their allowed liberal human weakness.} ;)

px.o.rsta 8)

Successful is not even close to an accurate assessment. The fact that bin Laden eventually succeeded on 9-11 is no evidence that Clinton did nothing to prevent it. There were operations to take down Al-Qaeda. We've had 5 years of outright war now and still haven't caught him. In fact we have only helped legitimize (with muslims), rather than marginalize his cause. The 'don't tread on me' value is great for spurring a population to war on their own soil. But, it will only breed that mentality in oppnents on foreign soil. A more successful strategy is intelligence and surgical strikes, not outright war and occupation. Keep it quiet. Don't publicize it. Publicize the good and you win over more to your cause. As was the case with young Iranians in the Clinton era.

Fighting terror is different from removing ouster of a despotic regime. If we were really against despots we would be at war with many of our allies.

I agree. Intelligence is the way to be successful. Unfortunately that route has been severely hampered by the political fallout of the Iraq war.

glad you agree about intelligence...um clinton f...ked up...that is a huge fact...so don't apologize for him...aye'm over clinton's failings...but...there has been tremendous successes in the war to quell islamist guerrillas and their leaders...you just don't see it...check out some periodicals from other sources...and bin laden is either incapacitated or dead...dr. al zawahiri is the subject...really.

give me your thoughts on al zawahiri if you truly got a grasp of the matter...

->Soon

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 20, 2007, 07:10:39 AM »
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/07/19/AR2007071902625.html?hpid=topnews

they are doing everything they can to cover there tracks.  and with repubs blocking all congressional attempts, it seems like he wont face any penalties while in office

but, can he be tried once he leaves office and the next pres opens up the records?  (assuming he doesnt have them all destroyed, which i think he will...)

GraphiteDirigible

• Hey there fancypants.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 20, 2007, 07:49:56 AM »

glad you agree about intelligence...um clinton f...ked up...that is a huge fact...so don't apologize for him...aye'm over clinton's failings...but...there has been tremendous successes in the war to quell islamist guerrillas and their leaders...you just don't see it...check out some periodicals from other sources...and bin laden is either incapacitated or dead...dr. al zawahiri is the subject...really.

give me your thoughts on al zawahiri if you truly got a grasp of the matter...

And after al Zawahiri it'll be someone else. That's my thoughts. We can't afford perpetual full-scale military operations, occupying countries to find terrorist groups. Even if we could afford it, it's not effective.  Counter-insurgency, intelligence, special forces, and counter guerilla tactics have worked for these kinds of groups before. We should be improving our inter-bureau intelligence.

What to do about Iraq now is a different matter. But, you cannot reasonably say that Bush did something right by going in to Iraq to begin with, or that he has done much of anything right to handle it since then.

« Reply #138 on: July 20, 2007, 02:01:53 PM »
but, can he be tried once he leaves office and the next pres opens up the records?  (assuming he doesnt have them all destroyed, which i think he will...)

The next president will be so focused on cleaning up Bush's many messes that they won't have the time or the political will to look into this Administration's various criminal wrongdoings.  Sadly, they will get away scott-free.   :'(

jarhead

• "i keeps it reeaal!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 20, 2007, 05:25:26 PM »
i get slammed every time i say this but i think we shoulda left saddam right where he was he was killing all the same people we are now and doing a better job of it...yes i'm, bitter and jaded but i've paid my dues.