Law School Discussion

Cornell Law Class of 2010 (or 2011)!!!

Re: Cornell Law Class of 2010 (or 2011)!!!
« Reply #240 on: May 18, 2007, 02:56:47 PM »
I should've applied earlier.  Just received an e-mail that states all graduate housing is full as of the present time.

Quail!

• View Profile
« Reply #241 on: May 18, 2007, 03:04:37 PM »
Aaaand after finals/graduation hell is over, I return to LSD...crap, I was hoping to do something productive this summer

SugarJ

• View Profile
« Reply #242 on: May 18, 2007, 03:12:41 PM »
Aaaand after finals/graduation hell is over, I return to LSD...crap, I was hoping to do something productive this summer

Quaillll. Haha yeah I've been losing interest in LSD, especially since I won't be in LS next year. I assume that the summer before I start I'll get back on and read all these frenetic housing/book reading posts.

Did you decideeeeeeee yet  :D

Quail!

• View Profile
« Reply #243 on: May 18, 2007, 03:33:26 PM »
Interest was not lost, just time (and maybe a teeny bit of wanting to forget about law school for a couple weeks and enjoy my last weeks of College)

Well, now that all of my decisions are finally in (Duke, Penn, and NU all waitlisted me...), I can start thinking!
Though I sent in my second Cornell deposit today....

I'm trying to decide how long i want to hold on to any waitlists, it's so ridiculous.

Literati DC

• I always wanted to go to school at Hogwarts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: May 21, 2007, 12:07:40 PM »
Has anyone looked into private loans yet?  Who are going with?  I was considering Citibank, personally.

« Reply #245 on: May 21, 2007, 02:05:50 PM »
Has anyone looked into private loans yet?  Who are going with?  I was considering Citibank, personally.

No. Am I supposed to start figuring this stuff out soon? Do you think the school is going to send any more information?

« Reply #246 on: May 21, 2007, 02:06:49 PM »
Got an email acknowledgment of my second deposit.  Guess its official.

whoisjohngalt

• "I go to Cornell... ever heard of it?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: May 22, 2007, 06:04:23 AM »

No. Am I supposed to start figuring this stuff out soon? Do you think the school is going to send any more information?

You are fine, still plenty of time to figure it out.

whoisjohngalt

• "I go to Cornell... ever heard of it?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: May 22, 2007, 08:26:38 AM »
Interesting find re: one of your classmates for next year.

http://www.koaa.com/news/view.asp?ID=7831

Colorado College awarded 621 graduates with diplomas at the 2007 commencement ceremony Monday morning. Jesse Horn describes the day as "...bittersweet. I'm a little nervous, a little anxious. But it's been the best four years of my life." In this sea of rising stars, he shined a touch brighter than the rest.

Next year, Horn is going to Cornell law school in Ithaca, New York. "It will be pretty intense next year. But it will be a lot of fun," said Horn. "So I'm pretty excited."

Horn's a champion snowboarder, avid kayaker and fisherman. By the way, Horn is a bi-lateral amputee. He is missing both legs and two fingers on each hand.  "I grew up in Jackson, Wyoming. And I was essentially the only kid in a wheelchair. I was just always doing whatever I wanted to do. Never let anything hold me back. My parents are to thank for that."

He's a person whose abilities outshine his disabilities and he says he hopes his will soon help others. "I'd like to help people who maybe are also as represented under the law. So I think to do disability discrimination, civil rights law would be just amazing."

That attitude was contagious in his final duty as President of the Class of 2007; "I auspicate the 2007 graduating class as the class of 'no bad days.' Congratulations and good luck to you all." Horn was the first to receive his diploma before he led his class into their next walk of life.

Horn plans to go home to Wyoming for the summer before heading to New York next fall.

« Reply #249 on: May 23, 2007, 09:01:51 AM »
Is $800/month too much for rent if it includes heat, internet and parking?