Law School Discussion

University of Pennsylvania Class of 2010

Re: University of Pennsylvania Class of 2010
« Reply #2100 on: May 23, 2007, 12:41:15 PM »
can anyone comment on the quality of the whole foods stores in philly? the dc ones vary in size/quality (but there's like 5 or 6 of them so it doesn't matter as much)...also, trader joes - is it large or small (some of the dc area ones are pretty small).  finally, is there a wegmans in the area?

both wf and tj's are on the smaller side.  there is the greatest Wegman's of ALL TIME in Mount Laurel, but it's about 20 min. away by car.  my sis took me once... it was seriously the best grocery store i've ever been to.  there are other wegman's nearby in nj, but don't be fooled--if you have a car, go to the mount laurel one.

that said, i basically just do all my grocery shopping at the somewhat crappy market on 23rd and south.... and rite aid.

Team Pam

• "You know, I invented electricity."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2101 on: May 23, 2007, 12:51:59 PM »
can anyone comment on the quality of the whole foods stores in philly? the dc ones vary in size/quality (but there's like 5 or 6 of them so it doesn't matter as much)...also, trader joes - is it large or small (some of the dc area ones are pretty small).  finally, is there a wegmans in the area?

both wf and tj's are on the smaller side.  there is the greatest Wegman's of ALL TIME in Mount Laurel, but it's about 20 min. away by car.  my sis took me once... it was seriously the best grocery store i've ever been to.  there are other wegman's nearby in nj, but don't be fooled--if you have a car, go to the mount laurel one.

that said, i basically just do all my grocery shopping at the somewhat crappy market on 23rd and south.... and rite aid.

OMG, I am so excited to finally see a Wegman's!  My friends from upstate NY have been talking about their awesomeness for years.

I'm hoping to be able to shop a lot at the Reading Terminal Market.  I've become spoiled here -- I buy most of my produce, as well as eggs and some cheese and sometimes meat, at the weekly farmer's market.  I'm going to miss the avocado guy when I leave.

mantis

• View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: May 23, 2007, 01:32:07 PM »
Coming late to the game.. but welcome, BelleFille! 

I find it a little hilarious that we're landing more people from UVA... Poor JSHM.  :(  Maybe we'll get klaydoh, too... :)

m1

• View Profile
« Reply #2103 on: May 23, 2007, 02:12:20 PM »
yay bellefille! parlez-vous francais?  :P

yeah, thats me on facebook welcoming you in french if you were wondering

« Reply #2104 on: May 23, 2007, 02:33:45 PM »

OMG, I am so excited to finally see a Wegman's!  My friends from upstate NY have been talking about their awesomeness for years.

I'm hoping to be able to shop a lot at the Reading Terminal Market.  I've become spoiled here -- I buy most of my produce, as well as eggs and some cheese and sometimes meat, at the weekly farmer's market.  I'm going to miss the avocado guy when I leave.

Yep, I went to Syracuse, so I knew about Wegman's.  It IS awesome.

There are farmer's markets on the weekends in rittenhouse square and fitler square.  If you want fresh produce during the week, there's a cute little place called max's produce on 20th st.  Reading is great, but it's farther away from where I live, so I'm basically always too lazy to go.  Plus, there are so many good desserts there that I'd come home fat.  :D

« Reply #2105 on: May 23, 2007, 02:44:59 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome!  I hope Johnny's doing ok over there.  He may need oxygen  ;)

« Reply #2106 on: May 23, 2007, 02:45:40 PM »
And the screenname isn't nearly as good for people who actually speak French, because then it just comes off as arrogant.  :P

m1

• View Profile
« Reply #2107 on: May 23, 2007, 02:46:27 PM »
yeah, but that adds humor to it  ;D

« Reply #2108 on: May 23, 2007, 02:47:12 PM »
m1, add me to the list on page 1!

m1

• View Profile
« Reply #2109 on: May 23, 2007, 02:49:09 PM »
there are about 15 people i need to add or subtract from that list.  anyone else missing?