Law School Discussion

University of Pennsylvania Class of 2010

mantis

• View Profile
Re: University of Pennsylvania Class of 2010
« Reply #2270 on: June 05, 2007, 11:05:56 PM »
Hey all, I'll be in Philly on Friday too, still haven't been so it should be fun.  While it still might have been crazy, from what you guys are saying I'm glad I signed a lease a few weeks back (at Lucust on the Park, anyone know anything about it?).  I guess I'll find out in a few days how that worked out for me...

I really like this place--the location is great, and the lofts are pretty.  The only negative I've heard is that heating bills can get pricey because of the giant windows (but of course, without them you wouldn't get the great light!).

They also take dogs, right?  And you're literally across the street from the dog run.  :)

Oh boo... am I going to be screwed by not going out there to visit/not signing a lease right this very second...?  Sigh.

Team Pam

• "You know, I invented electricity."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2271 on: June 06, 2007, 01:57:39 AM »
n the meantime decided to check out Domus, and ended up really liking it.  It's a little pricey

It's a little pricey? That's a little understatement.

Well, I'm sharing a 1br with my husband, so it's not so bad when split in half.

Team Pam

• View Profile
« Reply #2272 on: June 06, 2007, 02:01:25 AM »
Hey all, I'll be in Philly on Friday too, still haven't been so it should be fun.  While it still might have been crazy, from what you guys are saying I'm glad I signed a lease a few weeks back (at Lucust on the Park, anyone know anything about it?).  I guess I'll find out in a few days how that worked out for me...

I really like this place--the location is great, and the lofts are pretty.  The only negative I've heard is that heating bills can get pricey because of the giant windows (but of course, without them you wouldn't get the great light!).

They also take dogs, right?  And you're literally across the street from the dog run.  :)

I'm pretty sure they don't.  Dranoff doesn't like dogs (or we would've probably gone with Left Bank or Locust on the Park).  There's even a "No Dogs" sign on their parking lot -- we saw it when were trying to find somewhere close to the park.

Team Pam

• View Profile
« Reply #2273 on: June 06, 2007, 10:30:37 AM »
SUPER SERIOUS QUESTION time -- Are you guys planning to keep your cell numbers, or change them to 215s?

« Reply #2274 on: June 06, 2007, 11:09:07 AM »
I just had some business cards printed with the 510 area code.

« Reply #2275 on: June 06, 2007, 11:26:43 AM »
Business cards? For law school? You're trying too hard.

I needed some now, for various reasons. They print'em 250 at a time, and for $16, it's not really a luxury item.

The Pookie

• the penguin is back!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2276 on: June 06, 2007, 12:03:35 PM »
actually i thought b-cards were toolish at first but now i see the proverbial light. it just makes everything easier when you want to give people your contact info.

i'm going to do it myself...whenever i get around to it. :)

i have two phone numbers - my old one and a new one (with the 215 area code) which is routed to the same phone, for no added expense. long story about why but it's neat.

aeh13

« Reply #2277 on: June 06, 2007, 12:08:18 PM »
I have always had my phone in the 215 - god i'm such a local...

Team Pam

• View Profile
« Reply #2278 on: June 06, 2007, 12:14:10 PM »
actually i thought b-cards were toolish at first but now i see the proverbial light. it just makes everything easier when you want to give people your contact info.

i have two phone numbers - my old one and a new one (with the 215 area code) which is routed to the same phone, for no added expense. long story about why but it's neat.

Ooh, very fancy!

I like my phone number, and I've had it for over five years, but I'm a little worried that if I keep an LA #, employers will assume that I'm not committed to staying on the east coast.  I'm 99% sure I won't be in Philadelphia after graduation, though, so it would be annoying to change it just for the next three years and then change it again for wherever I live post-graduation.

The Pookie

• the penguin is back!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2279 on: June 06, 2007, 12:18:39 PM »

Ooh, very fancy!

I like my phone number, and I've had it for over five years, but I'm a little worried that if I keep an LA #, employers will assume that I'm not committed to staying on the east coast.  I'm 99% sure I won't be in Philadelphia after graduation, though, so it would be annoying to change it just for the next three years and then change it again for wherever I live post-graduation.

haha thanks, but not really that fancy..a bit of a necessity for me.

honestly i doubt your employers will really give the area code a second look. Also, i'm sure people know that Penn grads tend not to stay in PHilly in the first place becauase Philly isn't a large legal market like NYC, SF, DC or LA...