Law School Discussion

University of Pennsylvania Class of 2010

Rusty Shackleford

• #1 OATLAW
    • View Profile
Re: University of Pennsylvania Class of 2010
« Reply #2180 on: May 28, 2007, 09:44:17 AM »
Wow this thread is dead.  :-\

Just wanted to pop and say that Pookie and I are officially Cornell alumni now! Woot woot!  ;D

Congrats Tiki and Pookie!

m1

• View Profile
« Reply #2181 on: May 28, 2007, 03:45:43 PM »
i was talking to dancerina earlier today and she said the sansom roommate assignments are starting to come out now.  she's living with someone in the fbook group; it would be pretty funny if some of the LSDers ended up living together

AlphaBusey

• SOBER:Son Of a B*tch, Everything's Real!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2182 on: May 29, 2007, 06:29:12 AM »
So M1, just to bring the smack talking back to your thread...  Over my 11th pint of Guinness Saturday night, I hit upon yet another reason why we're going to trounce you in the spring.  And, if I recall correctly, this is pretty much the reason every team wins or loses in ultimate:

So yeah.  I'd say save face and just call it.  You guys can still come down here and drink, of course there'll be some good-natured ribbing involved.  But you will keep your dignity.  That's a plus, am I right? ;)

Rusty Shackleford

• #1 OATLAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #2183 on: May 29, 2007, 09:39:00 PM »
I'm tired of the silence; we need more crap to talk about.  So UBER-ULTIMATE, MEGA-ULTRA-EXTREME SUPER SERIOUS QUESTION (yay Roget!!!):

What is everyone doing over the summer?  Like any special trips, or amazing activities?  Boring Jobs?

For me, I'm mainly just going to be working and relaxing with my family.  Next Friday, I'm going to the coast for a week with my entire extended family (about 25 people) and we're all staying in a large cabin right next to the beach.  Gonna go deep sea fishing in the Gulf of Mexico one day and play a little golf but besides that its just going to be relaxation time.

But that's my main exciting activity for the summer.  I'm working for my uncle over the summer building cabinets.  Not the most intellectual of endeavors, but its fun and pretty laid back, so it should hopefully allow for a nice last summer.  Besides that I might catch a Rangers game (if only they didn't suck so much) or see some live music, but really my summer isn't going to be very exciting at all.

So what is everyone else doing?  It should be extremely exciting to make up for my summer's lack of excitement, so lying to make it sound better is entirely optional.  Pookie if I recall correctly you were possibly going to Brazil, right?  Or am I way off mark with that?  Who else is seeing exotic places and doing strange things?

'tiki

• Big Red goes to Philly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2184 on: May 30, 2007, 06:48:34 AM »
I'm tired of the silence; we need more crap to talk about.  So UBER-ULTIMATE, MEGA-ULTRA-EXTREME SUPER SERIOUS QUESTION (yay Roget!!!):

What is everyone doing over the summer?  Like any special trips, or amazing activities?  Boring Jobs?

For me, I'm mainly just going to be working and relaxing with my family.  Next Friday, I'm going to the coast for a week with my entire extended family (about 25 people) and we're all staying in a large cabin right next to the beach.  Gonna go deep sea fishing in the Gulf of Mexico one day and play a little golf but besides that its just going to be relaxation time.

But that's my main exciting activity for the summer.  I'm working for my uncle over the summer building cabinets.  Not the most intellectual of endeavors, but its fun and pretty laid back, so it should hopefully allow for a nice last summer.  Besides that I might catch a Rangers game (if only they didn't suck so much) or see some live music, but really my summer isn't going to be very exciting at all.

So what is everyone else doing?  It should be extremely exciting to make up for my summer's lack of excitement, so lying to make it sound better is entirely optional.  Pookie if I recall correctly you were possibly going to Brazil, right?  Or am I way off mark with that?  Who else is seeing exotic places and doing strange things?

Well I just home last night to Puerto Rico so I'm getting ready to hit the beach soon. Next week I depart for Europe for 50 days! Spain, France, Italy, Greece, Germany, and UK. In the meantime I'll be helping launch a campign for a state representative and working on it all throughout july after I return from Europe. Pretty neat.

PS I just got some loan info, scary!

« Reply #2185 on: May 30, 2007, 06:59:55 AM »
Do many law students live in Sansom West, even though the law floors are in East?

I also didn't want to pay the extra two months rent.  The singles don't have a kitchen, do they?

m1

• View Profile
« Reply #2186 on: May 30, 2007, 08:09:41 AM »
I have a long list of physical labor jobs around the house and in the yard (powerwashing and painting the house and deck, burying a downspout, refilling stone deposits around the house etc).  Should be a fantastic summer!

Johnny Stuffs His Mouth

• 1/2 of the Golden Couple
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2187 on: May 30, 2007, 08:11:30 AM »
I have a long list of physical labor jobs around the house and in the yard (powerwashing and painting the house and deck, burying a downspout, refilling stone deposits around the house etc).  Should be a fantastic summer!

m1, honestly, if UVA doesn't offer you enough money to at least cover the difference (and they're pretty stingy, so good luck), you should probably stick with Penn. Seriously. I know, I can't believe I'm saying it either.

m1

• View Profile
« Reply #2188 on: May 30, 2007, 08:16:30 AM »
i know sir, i know- but i wanted to give UVa a chance to win me over!

The Pookie

• the penguin is back!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2189 on: May 30, 2007, 08:53:32 AM »
rusty, you're right, i'm off to the exotic land of Brazil and i'm trying to avoid my family as much as possible (i love them but they're...well, to be charitable, a bit unusual.) plus, i'm bringing along my boyfriend and i don't want to scare him too much. I'm going to be in Brazil for the entire month of july, i'm so excited - i haven't been there in 5 years, which is the longest that i've been away.

Until then, i'm pretty much being my parent's female dog and doing chores that my parents don't want to do, being a professional dogwalker, etc. should be fun.

but great news, i'm going to philly this weekend to look for a place to live...yeaaaah!

and 'tiki, i am JEALOUS. europe for 50 days?! bah.