Law School Discussion

University of Pennsylvania Class of 2010

Re: University of Pennsylvania Class of 2010
« Reply #2170 on: May 25, 2007, 01:02:51 AM »
Just made the final decision to attend Penn!  :D

yay!  did you pick us over uva?  :D :D :D

haha, I did - a common theme I'm noticing! I had been debating between the two schools for months, but I think I made the right choice. I see also that you went to Syracuse - I'm actually from around Binghamton... For the past four years I've been enjoying Chapel Hill weather down in NC, so I'm a bit worried about my first winter back North...  :)

don't worry, philly weather is waaaay milder than upstate ny!  at least this winter was... i didn't have to break out my sleeping bag coat very much at all.

as for pets, i'm soooo glad i brought my dog.  she really made the first year less stressful, and going to the dog run is super fun.  it's not that hard to work around the responsibility--like tomorrow i'm leaving for my sister's wedding, but there's a guy ia few blocks away who houses dogs at his home for a really fair price.  she loves it there (she always pulls towards his place when we walk by), so i know she's in good hands.  :)

The Pookie

• the penguin is back!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2171 on: May 25, 2007, 10:53:31 AM »
ach, i hate the salvatin army....they kept giving me the wrong number for me to call so i could get someone to pick up my huge-butt TV (14 year old TV...), TV stand and old dvd player...i even ended up calling the pittsburg salvation army...

and when i finally reached the trucking company, they told me that they won't pick up tvs. THANKS A LOT!!!! now i have to figure out what to do with my 80-lb tv.

GAH!

sorry, just venting

m1

• View Profile
« Reply #2172 on: May 25, 2007, 02:40:23 PM »
you can always put it on the curb and put a "FREE" sign on it...

« Reply #2173 on: May 25, 2007, 03:53:38 PM »
you can always put it on the curb and put a "FREE" sign on it...

http://www.freecycle.org/

m1

• View Profile
« Reply #2174 on: May 25, 2007, 05:28:22 PM »
oooo!  for a second there i thought you were suggesting she strap it to her bicycle and ride it somewhere, but then i actually clicked on the link  ;D

« Reply #2175 on: May 26, 2007, 12:22:04 AM »
oooo!  for a second there i thought you were suggesting she strap it to her bicycle and ride it somewhere, but then i actually clicked on the link  ;D

the group came to my attention because there is a funny IP case about the org.  they were trying to trademark the name, so a disgruntled member started a campaign to try to prevent their getting a trademark by making the term generic.  he sent a bunch of emails telling everyone to use "freecycle" generically, such as by saying, "I'm going to freecycle this tv by putting on my curb."

The Pookie

• the penguin is back!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2176 on: May 26, 2007, 07:25:44 AM »
:)

well m1, i would leave it on the curb, but it's the getting to the curb that is the problem. I found someone who wants a tv, and they'll move it for me :)

'tiki

• Big Red goes to Philly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2177 on: May 27, 2007, 07:57:28 PM »
Wow this thread is dead.  :-\

Just wanted to pop and say that Pookie and I are officially Cornell alumni now! Woot woot!  ;D

m1

• View Profile
« Reply #2178 on: May 28, 2007, 06:08:40 AM »
I had my family graduation party yesterday....weiiiiiiird

The Pookie

• the penguin is back!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2179 on: May 28, 2007, 06:30:15 AM »
I had my family graduation party yesterday....weiiiiiiird

i'm finally moving out today but there won't be anyone home for two weeks. dammit. what an anticlimatic end to my UG career. :)