Law School Discussion

University of Pennsylvania Class of 2010

Re: University of Pennsylvania Class of 2010
« Reply #2160 on: May 24, 2007, 11:24:58 AM »

btw-- arcade fire at the Tower was really effing good. 

btw -- Arcade Fire is really effing good in general

« Reply #2161 on: May 24, 2007, 11:28:35 AM »
Hey all, I was just accepted off the waitlist on Monday and I will be definitely be attending next year!

I just wanted to get some advice from you all about places to live in Philly.  Where are you all looking for places, the University City area, the Center City area, or elsewhere?  Also, exactly how far is the Center City area away from the law school?  I've never been to Philly, so I'm just trying to get a feel for the area before I head up there to look for a place to live.  Thanks for the help.

Rusty Shackleford

• #1 OATLAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #2162 on: May 24, 2007, 12:09:05 PM »
Rusty, if you're talking about Hatch/NM green chile, I plan to have my sister ship out tons of it to me.  I can sometimes find it frozen here in LA, but I've never seen it back east.

Yeah I'm talking about NM green chile.  I know that the further away from NM you get the less likely you are to see them, but it's good to hear that you will be getting a shipment of them.  Do you mind if I borrow some?  I might want to make green chile burgers sometime.

But its good to hear that the other two are available.

I'll definitely get enough to share.  But no borrowing, as I don't think I'd want it back when you're done with it.  ;)

By borrow I meant you will be welcome to partake in the finished product (if you are so inclined) ;D

am i invited too? i'll show you how to cook brazilian food...just put an assload of beans and meat in, you're fine.

and rusty, i assume you cook tex mex? i've actually never had tex mex so you'll have to introduce me to its ways.

Kindof.  I can make good, easy burritos and I can make some good fajitas.  Also I can make a good salsa.  But tamales or tacos or enchiladas I don't know how to make.  Yet.

I can also make some good Texas Chili, and I've some really good grilling recipes.

Oh and oatmeal cookies.

« Reply #2163 on: May 24, 2007, 12:09:24 PM »
Hey all, I was just accepted off the waitlist on Monday and I will be definitely be attending next year!

I just wanted to get some advice from you all about places to live in Philly.  Where are you all looking for places, the University City area, the Center City area, or elsewhere?  Also, exactly how far is the Center City area away from the law school?  I've never been to Philly, so I'm just trying to get a feel for the area before I head up there to look for a place to live.  Thanks for the help.

congrats. and welcome. definitely see Legapps recent post. check out Fitler square and rittenhouse on craigslist. you can hit 'google maps' on any posting to check proximity to campus. rittenhouse (17th street+) is an easy walk or busride. same with fitler. U city is obviously v close to campus but Im a big fan of center city (which filter square and rittenhouse are part of). an example of a decent-looking fitler listing: http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/apa/333626417.html   

heres a map with center city buildings http://www.business-services.upenn.edu/offcampusliving/maps/map.php?icons=true&map=ccity

and the penn off campus housing site:
http://www.business-services.upenn.edu/offcampusliving/

Team Pam

• "You know, I invented electricity."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2164 on: May 24, 2007, 12:10:08 PM »
Rusty, if you're talking about Hatch/NM green chile, I plan to have my sister ship out tons of it to me.  I can sometimes find it frozen here in LA, but I've never seen it back east.

Yeah I'm talking about NM green chile.  I know that the further away from NM you get the less likely you are to see them, but it's good to hear that you will be getting a shipment of them.  Do you mind if I borrow some?  I might want to make green chile burgers sometime.

But its good to hear that the other two are available.

I'll definitely get enough to share.  But no borrowing, as I don't think I'd want it back when you're done with it.  ;)

By borrow I meant you will be welcome to partake in the finished product (if you are so inclined) ;D

Mmm, sounds like a good deal to me.

« Reply #2165 on: May 24, 2007, 01:37:51 PM »
Anyone else bringing pets along?  Are you having a hard time finding places that will take them?

Team Pam

• "You know, I invented electricity."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2166 on: May 24, 2007, 03:22:06 PM »
Anyone else bringing pets along?  Are you having a hard time finding places that will take them?

Mantis and I are both bringing our dogs.  Legapp has one, and pointed us towards www.phillyfido.net, which has some good resources.  If you have a cat, though, it should be pretty easy.  I've found TONS of great places that take cats but not dogs.

rosey

« Reply #2167 on: May 24, 2007, 07:02:27 PM »
Just made the final decision to attend Penn!  :D

« Reply #2168 on: May 24, 2007, 08:24:09 PM »

yay!  did you pick us over uva?  :D :D :D

rosey

« Reply #2169 on: May 24, 2007, 08:56:48 PM »

yay!  did you pick us over uva?  :D :D :D

haha, I did - a common theme I'm noticing! I had been debating between the two schools for months, but I think I made the right choice. I see also that you went to Syracuse - I'm actually from around Binghamton... For the past four years I've been enjoying Chapel Hill weather down in NC, so I'm a bit worried about my first winter back North...  :)