Law School Discussion

University of Pennsylvania Class of 2010

Re: University of Pennsylvania Class of 2010
« Reply #2090 on: May 23, 2007, 06:10:21 AM »
Hey everyone...

Just wanted to let you know, I will be joining you next year.  I can't wait! 

Pleasure to meet all of you.

« Reply #2091 on: May 23, 2007, 06:13:07 AM »
Oh, and anyone need a roommate?   :P

Johnny Stuffs His Mouth

• 1/2 of the Golden Couple
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2092 on: May 23, 2007, 07:07:26 AM »
Hey everyone...

Just wanted to let you know, I will be joining you next year.  I can't wait! 

Pleasure to meet all of you.

Your facebook contact email is breaking my heart.

« Reply #2093 on: May 23, 2007, 07:13:04 AM »
Oh Johnny, I am sorry!

Team Pam

• "You know, I invented electricity."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: May 23, 2007, 08:23:15 AM »
Welcome, BelleFille!  Glad to have you!

« Reply #2095 on: May 23, 2007, 09:15:57 AM »
Thanks Pam!  I have to get all caught up to speed with the Penn folk!

« Reply #2096 on: May 23, 2007, 12:22:52 PM »
Thanks Pam!  I have to get all caught up to speed with the Penn folk!

that will take several days  :D :D :D

« Reply #2097 on: May 23, 2007, 12:23:30 PM »
Just a heads up to you guys... being a Summer Associate rocks! I highly reccomend it your first summer   :D   I'm off to work. Good luck finding housing everyone!

but you know what's even awesomer?  NOT going to work!  my job doesn't start till next week  :)

« Reply #2098 on: May 23, 2007, 12:26:48 PM »
So.  Housing.  Is everyone going the Center City/Rittenhouse route?  I've been looking around on Craigslist and this place popped up tonight:

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/apa/336114269.html

(There are a bunch from that building, that's just an example.)  It's in the Art Museum area, but on google maps it looks like it's only about 1.5 miles to the law school if you take 22nd and cross over at Chestnut.  Granted, you have to cross like six lanes of traffic on the Ben Franklin Parkway, but still.  The price is right AND it's pet-friendly.  Any current students know anything about this building?  The only downside is letting go of the brownstone dream, which I may not be ready to do yet... but if it seems like these come up frequently, it might make a good back up?

This is a great area if you plan to bike to school, or don't mind a longer walk.  I don't think the parkway is a problem because if you walk south there are underpasses.... however, it is a problem for taking the bus because you would basically have to go south to CC and then transfer to get west, which would be a pain.  Only a few people live up that way for this reason, although there is some cute stuff.

A brownstone near Fitler Sq is clearly the best bet, although you'll likely have to sacrifice on luxury.

EDIT: for a fast, convenient commute to school, you're almost better living someplace like this: http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/apa/336689898.html
Although it seems a lot further away, you can just hop on the subway at 3rd st and it's pretty fast.  Some people also live in the Ben Franklin building (9th and chestnut) for the same reason (it's a good deal and they take pets, plus i think there's parking).

« Reply #2099 on: May 23, 2007, 12:37:59 PM »
can anyone comment on the quality of the whole foods stores in philly? the dc ones vary in size/quality (but there's like 5 or 6 of them so it doesn't matter as much)...also, trader joes - is it large or small (some of the dc area ones are pretty small).  finally, is there a wegmans in the area?