Law School Discussion

University of Pennsylvania Class of 2010

Re: University of Pennsylvania Class of 2010
« Reply #2030 on: May 18, 2007, 07:48:11 AM »
gah, i had the toby call on tuesday on my way to new orleans.  i haven't heard anything since then, though according to lsn, neither has anyone else.  i wish he'd just hurry up and let me know either way so i can get on with my life...

the thing that sucks is that i love penn so much, and my time in philly last week only reinforced my decision to go there.  still, harvard's harvard, and i think i'll go there if i get an offer.  i really didn't think i had any chance of getting in off the waitlist, so it all came as a big shock, and i hadn't really prepared myself for the possibility. 

of course, i haven't been accepted yet - maybe hls will make the decision really easy for me and not let me in after all of this. meh.

this "harvard's harvard" rationale is such BS.

m1

• View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: May 18, 2007, 09:24:11 AM »
and we just lost rjr  :-\

m1

• View Profile
« Reply #2032 on: May 18, 2007, 09:25:14 AM »
on a similar note, i just got my 2nd rejection letter from harvard (they rejected my appeal based on my new LSAT score). 

Ersatz

• View Profile
« Reply #2033 on: May 18, 2007, 09:33:11 AM »
on a similar note, i just got my 2nd rejection letter from harvard (they rejected my appeal based on my new LSAT score). 

Sorry, m1.

Ersatz

• View Profile
« Reply #2034 on: May 18, 2007, 09:37:57 AM »
gah, i had the toby call on tuesday on my way to new orleans.  i haven't heard anything since then, though according to lsn, neither has anyone else.  i wish he'd just hurry up and let me know either way so i can get on with my life...

the thing that sucks is that i love penn so much, and my time in philly last week only reinforced my decision to go there.  still, harvard's harvard, and i think i'll go there if i get an offer.  i really didn't think i had any chance of getting in off the waitlist, so it all came as a big shock, and i hadn't really prepared myself for the possibility. 

of course, i haven't been accepted yet - maybe hls will make the decision really easy for me and not let me in after all of this. meh.

this "harvard's harvard" rationale is such BS.

I don't know why you would say that. I loved Penn when I visited - I loved everything about it, from students to faculty to administration. At the same time, however, Harvard is just a better match for the things that I really want to do. They have the Berkman Center clinic for intellectual property, they are opening the Supreme Court clinic this fall, and they provide really good options for clerking / academia. It's not like I just hear "Harvard" and go "Forget Penn" - I do have good reasons for wanting to choose Harvard - and I'm sure rjr55 has them too.

m1

• View Profile
« Reply #2035 on: May 18, 2007, 10:01:48 AM »
I know this totally defeats all of my recruiting over the past few months, but you would be foolish not to go to Harvard if those are your interests.  I would have done the same.

« Reply #2036 on: May 18, 2007, 12:38:30 PM »
a question, are we only to get education discount once school starts in penn? i looked over penn's computer store (which i can't get in since i don't have penn key yet), but their stuff look pretty decent on that one little picture.
should i get a new laptop once schools starts or i can get it over the summer? does it have all the necessary softwares (office...ect.) on there?
thank~!

« Reply #2037 on: May 18, 2007, 07:12:37 PM »
speaking of laptops, which ones are good? What should one look for in a laptop for law school?

Rusty Shackleford

• #1 OATLAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #2038 on: May 18, 2007, 08:24:44 PM »
speaking of laptops, which ones are good? What should one look for in a laptop for law school?

I'm probably gonna get a Dell, Toshiba, or IBM.  Not getting an Apple.  I figure that portability is the most important feature that they need for law school, so I'm probably gonna try to get one somewhere between 12" and 14".  Except for that, I figure that we don't need anything else too specific.

Rusty Shackleford

• #1 OATLAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #2039 on: May 18, 2007, 08:37:42 PM »
New SUPER SERIOUS thing to discuss:

Name a type of movie, a genre if you will, and declare which movie in that genre is the greatest ever made and why.

I'll begin by telling everyone that "The Sandlot" is the greatest baseball movie ever made because it captures what baseball should be, the fun of just playing.