Law School Discussion

University of Pennsylvania Class of 2010

'tiki

• Big Red goes to Philly
    • View Profile
Re: University of Pennsylvania Class of 2010
« Reply #2000 on: May 17, 2007, 08:22:48 AM »
Interesting is the best way I can describe my search right now.

« Reply #2001 on: May 17, 2007, 08:41:30 AM »

oh?  For me it appears that it'll be a while before i can find a place, though i found somewhere on craigslist that might be good that will be available starting 1 August....a little on the pricey side (~950 + Cable/electric) but its on a really really nice street in rittenhouse and it's in a newly renovated brownstone)

Team Pam

• "You know, I invented electricity."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2002 on: May 17, 2007, 09:15:05 AM »

oh?  For me it appears that it'll be a while before i can find a place, though i found somewhere on craigslist that might be good that will be available starting 1 August....a little on the pricey side (~950 + Cable/electric) but its on a really really nice street in rittenhouse and it's in a newly renovated brownstone)

Oooh, nice!

I'm flying out in two weeks.  I guess I should start calling landlords to set up tours and such.  I think I need to put myself on a waitlist at 1700 Walnut.

mantis

• View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: May 17, 2007, 09:33:00 AM »
Oooh!  The housing talk.  I'm also looking at craigslist.. basically every waking hour of every day.  I'm hoping to just snag a place now and get it over with but I'm also afraid of ending up with renter's-remorse or something if I find something better in August... Are people signing now?  Waiting until later?

It seems like there are lots of great places but only a handful that allow dogs.  As usual.  But the romantic in me REALLY wants to be in a brownstone.  They're so cute.  So I'm willing to dig a little deeper, wait around, etc.  We'll see how that strategy works out for me.

'tiki

• Big Red goes to Philly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: May 17, 2007, 09:38:57 AM »
I think I might get a studio on Riverwest and hope to sign before I leave for Europe. It's a little pricey but location is great and all utilities are already included. Oh and they accept pets. :)

Team Pam

• View Profile
« Reply #2005 on: May 17, 2007, 09:42:57 AM »
I think I might get a studio on Riverwest and hope to sign before I leave for Europe. It's a little pricey but location is great and all utilities are already included. Oh and they accept pets. :)

I've looked at Riverwest, too.  It seems to have everything we need, but the pictures I've seen are kind of ugly.  Has anyone been inside it?

The Pookie

• the penguin is back!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2006 on: May 17, 2007, 09:43:38 AM »

crap, i saw that one too! i want it!

::battle for nice brownstone!::

just kidding, i'm too collegial for that :D anyways, i'm going down there June 1st to just socur the city and find an apartment in four days.

mantis

• View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: May 17, 2007, 09:48:44 AM »

I've looked at Riverwest, too.  It seems to have everything we need, but the pictures I've seen are kind of ugly.  Has anyone been inside it?

Yeah.. that was my concern too.  I mean, I realize I'm a starving student and all... but my boyfriend and I are going to be living together and if we're pooling resources, I want the pretty bay windows, hardwoods, crown moulding... adorable brownstone-y goodness.  :)

Team Pam

• View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: May 17, 2007, 09:52:39 AM »

Yeah.. that was my concern too.  I mean, I realize I'm a starving student and all... but my boyfriend and I are going to be living together and if we're pooling resources, I want the pretty bay windows, hardwoods, crown moulding... adorable brownstone-y goodness.  :)

Exactly.  Or even the character of an older high-rise.  Riverwest looks suspiciously like the 60s-era dorms at my undergrad.

Did everyone else just get their email from Dean Post?  I'm so excited!!

« Reply #2009 on: May 17, 2007, 10:21:15 AM »
i got the email, but now i have to deal with forms :-/