Law School Discussion

University of Virginia Class of 2010

Re: University of Virginia Class of 2010
« Reply #1480 on: May 24, 2007, 10:21:32 PM »
Okay.  Just watched it.  Wow.

That was uh.. different.

I don't know if I can three more years of this show.

Who was in the coffin? Sawyer or Ben?

It's only Sawyer if Hurley's dead.  I'm sure Hurley would go to Sawyer's funeral almost no matter what.  (I think Sawyer may have been who Kate was with in this future).  My money's on Ben or possibly even John.  It'd be interesting if it were John, especially since he may be making a big mistake with his current sort of renegade status.

The show's been weak at times, but they're really dedicated to the idea of a story arc, which I really like.  I think next season the people on the boat will be the antagonists and the survivors and the Others will be tenuously allied.

« Reply #1481 on: May 25, 2007, 04:56:41 AM »
This season definetely hit the afterburners in the past two months.  I almost stopped watching the show entirely because fo the early episodes from this season.  Now the game's changed completely. 

« Reply #1482 on: May 25, 2007, 05:11:44 AM »
what are everyone's thoughts on naomi?  is she 'bad?'  we know that she's not connected with Penny (Desmond's girl) and it's kind of weird that she lied about that...any chance Ben is right or did he make all that stuff up about her boat being bad news?

« Reply #1483 on: May 25, 2007, 05:16:09 AM »
Don't want to say good or bad yet, but definetely sketch.  Also dead I think.  Way to go Locke.. will someone take him out already?

Speaking of that, how come he can kill Naomi but not Ben, his dad, or Jack?

« Reply #1484 on: May 25, 2007, 05:20:58 AM »
Don't want to say good or bad yet, but definetely sketch.  Also dead I think.  Way to go Locke.. will someone take him out already?

yeah probably dead- that knife went right through her back...but jack did make contact with someone from her crew...

and speaking of Locke- what happened to his brief paralysis?  I thought it might have had something to do with Jacob but obviously he got his feeling back in his legs...

« Reply #1485 on: May 25, 2007, 09:14:17 AM »

yeah probably dead- that knife went right through her back...but jack did make contact with someone from her crew...

and speaking of Locke- what happened to his brief paralysis?  I thought it might have had something to do with Jacob but obviously he got his feeling back in his legs...

I still have (slightly waivering) faith in Locke.  He's demonstrated that he's not much of a killer, so if he killed Naomi he had what he at least thought was a really good reason for doing so.  The difference, I think, that killing his father would be personal vengence and he couldn't do it.  He's a philosophical guy and I think he could justify killing Naomi for a philosophically "just" reason.

I think he's privy to some information from Jacob or elsewhere about the potential damage Naomi could cause.  I have a feeling she's from the group wanting to harness the power of the island and Locke is trying to keep it from being exploited.  Locke's also long been adamant about staying on the island so his motivations are a bit suspect, but of course nothing would prevent him from staying if rescue came so there must be more of a reason for him not wanting anyone else to leave, either.

Also what are the chances we've seen other flash forwards without knowing it?  Some of the back story from season 1 - 3 was clearly back story, but some of it isn't time-specific. 

well eggy

• Dis well-important fing you iz heard ov call Justz
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: May 26, 2007, 09:32:17 AM »
The only problem I've had with Ivy is the bad washing machines. When my roommate's faucet broke they came here in 2 hours to fix it. They're not slumlords, maybe they're inundated come this time of year since so many people are coming and going. If I'd known you were coming I would've let you see my place, but I've been coming to LSD less now that I don't need to procrastinate for finals any more. Take it from someone who's actually lived there, it's not a bad place to live. In fact, I recommend all 1Ls live there.

Re: losing people. Hey, it happens. We'll get some good people off the waitlist. Probably hot girls. Chill out.

And since Ivy's a hilly property it depends what building you're in when it comes to how low your sunken patio will be. Most of them are at about ground level, actually. And barbecuing is a big deal, definitely.

PS Who else saw Lost last night? It's all we've been talking about at work today. Way more interesting than due diligence.

Are there washers in-unit?  I'm thinking UVA is the place to be, and if I can get a decently-priced apartment with a washer in-unit that may tip the scales for certain.  (I assume it's probably rented out for this year, but there's always next and/or the knowledge that I could get a washer in-unit for a decent price in C'ville.  Can't get that where I live now.  And it's nice when you've got a cat who pees indiscriminately.)

Lost was interesting again.  I was peeved that Charlie died for no other reason than the fact that Desmond told him he would.  Desmond didn't even say he HAD to die, just that he WOULD.  I'm not sure about you, but I'd trust my survival instinct over the future-visions of some hippie-haired Scotsman, especially since the jamming signal was already off.  I'm not entirely sure what he thought he was accomplishing.  It would've been easy for both of them to, you know, just swim out.  Fancy that.

I also disapprove of Drunken Amish Jack.

Haha, Drunken Amish Jack. We were calling him Grizzly Jack.

I think it was Charlie's time. He'd come to peace with his demons and knew that he had to save Claire. True, they didn't have to kill him off but Charlie and no Mikhail is less interesting than Mikhail and no Charlie. I mean, you can't kill the guy. He won't friggin die! He's like the big German bad guy in Die Hard. And how dare you insult Desmond, brother.

And you can get a washer in unit apparently. I don't know anyone who does, though. So either they're rare or I need more friends. Probably both. Good luck getting the cat pee out of your clothes.

Goodfella--any idea how?  Would I need the stacked apartment variety?  Any info would be appreciated!

Goodfella

• I get to live the rest of my life like a schnook
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: May 26, 2007, 12:16:12 PM »
The only problem I've had with Ivy is the bad washing machines. When my roommate's faucet broke they came here in 2 hours to fix it. They're not slumlords, maybe they're inundated come this time of year since so many people are coming and going. If I'd known you were coming I would've let you see my place, but I've been coming to LSD less now that I don't need to procrastinate for finals any more. Take it from someone who's actually lived there, it's not a bad place to live. In fact, I recommend all 1Ls live there.

Re: losing people. Hey, it happens. We'll get some good people off the waitlist. Probably hot girls. Chill out.

And since Ivy's a hilly property it depends what building you're in when it comes to how low your sunken patio will be. Most of them are at about ground level, actually. And barbecuing is a big deal, definitely.

PS Who else saw Lost last night? It's all we've been talking about at work today. Way more interesting than due diligence.

Are there washers in-unit?  I'm thinking UVA is the place to be, and if I can get a decently-priced apartment with a washer in-unit that may tip the scales for certain.  (I assume it's probably rented out for this year, but there's always next and/or the knowledge that I could get a washer in-unit for a decent price in C'ville.  Can't get that where I live now.  And it's nice when you've got a cat who pees indiscriminately.)

Lost was interesting again.  I was peeved that Charlie died for no other reason than the fact that Desmond told him he would.  Desmond didn't even say he HAD to die, just that he WOULD.  I'm not sure about you, but I'd trust my survival instinct over the future-visions of some hippie-haired Scotsman, especially since the jamming signal was already off.  I'm not entirely sure what he thought he was accomplishing.  It would've been easy for both of them to, you know, just swim out.  Fancy that.

I also disapprove of Drunken Amish Jack.

Haha, Drunken Amish Jack. We were calling him Grizzly Jack.

I think it was Charlie's time. He'd come to peace with his demons and knew that he had to save Claire. True, they didn't have to kill him off but Charlie and no Mikhail is less interesting than Mikhail and no Charlie. I mean, you can't kill the guy. He won't friggin die! He's like the big German bad guy in Die Hard. And how dare you insult Desmond, brother.

And you can get a washer in unit apparently. I don't know anyone who does, though. So either they're rare or I need more friends. Probably both. Good luck getting the cat pee out of your clothes.

Goodfella--any idea how?  Would I need the stacked apartment variety?  Any info would be appreciated!

No clue. Ask management.

fredd727

« Reply #1488 on: May 29, 2007, 05:46:39 AM »
The lost nerds killed the thread!!!

AlphaBusey

• SOBER:Son Of a B*tch, Everything's Real!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: May 29, 2007, 06:21:44 AM »
The lost nerds killed the thread!!!

Yeah, as someone who never watches Lost (or much TV period) I had very little to contribute to the last 2-3 pages. :P  But I'm thinking the long weekend had a lot to do with it.  Which makes sense that people might not have a lot of time for LSD.  Hope everyone had a good weekend.  I sure did.  Found a bar special: All you can drink Newcastle and Guinness for $12.  It figures, I find that and I'm leaving in a month or two.  Oy vey.