Law School Discussion

University of Virginia Class of 2010

Goodfella

• I get to live the rest of my life like a schnook
    • View Profile
Re: University of Virginia Class of 2010
« Reply #1470 on: May 24, 2007, 02:41:15 PM »
The only problem I've had with Ivy is the bad washing machines. When my roommate's faucet broke they came here in 2 hours to fix it. They're not slumlords, maybe they're inundated come this time of year since so many people are coming and going. If I'd known you were coming I would've let you see my place, but I've been coming to LSD less now that I don't need to procrastinate for finals any more. Take it from someone who's actually lived there, it's not a bad place to live. In fact, I recommend all 1Ls live there.

Re: losing people. Hey, it happens. We'll get some good people off the waitlist. Probably hot girls. Chill out.

And since Ivy's a hilly property it depends what building you're in when it comes to how low your sunken patio will be. Most of them are at about ground level, actually. And barbecuing is a big deal, definitely.

PS Who else saw Lost last night? It's all we've been talking about at work today. Way more interesting than due diligence.

« Reply #1471 on: May 24, 2007, 04:06:45 PM »
The only problem I've had with Ivy is the bad washing machines. When my roommate's faucet broke they came here in 2 hours to fix it. They're not slumlords, maybe they're inundated come this time of year since so many people are coming and going. If I'd known you were coming I would've let you see my place, but I've been coming to LSD less now that I don't need to procrastinate for finals any more. Take it from someone who's actually lived there, it's not a bad place to live. In fact, I recommend all 1Ls live there.

Re: losing people. Hey, it happens. We'll get some good people off the waitlist. Probably hot girls. Chill out.

And since Ivy's a hilly property it depends what building you're in when it comes to how low your sunken patio will be. Most of them are at about ground level, actually. And barbecuing is a big deal, definitely.

PS Who else saw Lost last night? It's all we've been talking about at work today. Way more interesting than due diligence.

Are there washers in-unit?  I'm thinking UVA is the place to be, and if I can get a decently-priced apartment with a washer in-unit that may tip the scales for certain.  (I assume it's probably rented out for this year, but there's always next and/or the knowledge that I could get a washer in-unit for a decent price in C'ville.  Can't get that where I live now.  And it's nice when you've got a cat who pees indiscriminately.)

Lost was interesting again.  I was peeved that Charlie died for no other reason than the fact that Desmond told him he would.  Desmond didn't even say he HAD to die, just that he WOULD.  I'm not sure about you, but I'd trust my survival instinct over the future-visions of some hippie-haired Scotsman, especially since the jamming signal was already off.  I'm not entirely sure what he thought he was accomplishing.  It would've been easy for both of them to, you know, just swim out.  Fancy that.

I also disapprove of Drunken Amish Jack.

Goodfella

• View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: May 24, 2007, 04:11:09 PM »

Are there washers in-unit?  I'm thinking UVA is the place to be, and if I can get a decently-priced apartment with a washer in-unit that may tip the scales for certain.  (I assume it's probably rented out for this year, but there's always next and/or the knowledge that I could get a washer in-unit for a decent price in C'ville.  Can't get that where I live now.  And it's nice when you've got a cat who pees indiscriminately.)

Lost was interesting again.  I was peeved that Charlie died for no other reason than the fact that Desmond told him he would.  Desmond didn't even say he HAD to die, just that he WOULD.  I'm not sure about you, but I'd trust my survival instinct over the future-visions of some hippie-haired Scotsman, especially since the jamming signal was already off.  I'm not entirely sure what he thought he was accomplishing.  It would've been easy for both of them to, you know, just swim out.  Fancy that.

I also disapprove of Drunken Amish Jack.

Haha, Drunken Amish Jack. We were calling him Grizzly Jack.

I think it was Charlie's time. He'd come to peace with his demons and knew that he had to save Claire. True, they didn't have to kill him off but Charlie and no Mikhail is less interesting than Mikhail and no Charlie. I mean, you can't kill the guy. He won't friggin die! He's like the big German bad guy in Die Hard. And how dare you insult Desmond, brother.

And you can get a washer in unit apparently. I don't know anyone who does, though. So either they're rare or I need more friends. Probably both. Good luck getting the cat pee out of your clothes.

« Reply #1473 on: May 24, 2007, 04:53:55 PM »

I think it was Charlie's time. He'd come to peace with his demons and knew that he had to save Claire. True, they didn't have to kill him off but Charlie and no Mikhail is less interesting than Mikhail and no Charlie. I mean, you can't kill the guy. He won't friggin die! He's like the big German bad guy in Die Hard. And how dare you insult Desmond, brother.

And you can get a washer in unit apparently. I don't know anyone who does, though. So either they're rare or I need more friends. Probably both. Good luck getting the cat pee out of your clothes.

My friend called him "Gene the Fridge Humping chef from Wet Hot American Summer."

I'm not sure I buy that it was "Charlie's time" because he didn't die for anything.  The outcome would've been the same whether he'd died or not.  It was suicide, in essence.  He & Mikhail both could've lived if he'd just evacuated quickly.  I don't  have any strong feelings toward Charlie, but it was an act of abandonment toward Claire and Aaron and the blind fatalism it implies bugs me.

I also think Ben can see the future and knows all the potential futures that Jack is influencing with his decisions.

Anyway, I wouldn't admit to that on a forum with my potential future classmates because I figure if a girl having a cat is a red flag to men, a girl having a cat who pees on towels and likes to rub himself lasciviously on dirty underwear would be a flailing DANGER WILL ROBINSON robot but I don't plan on dating in law school.  He's a good cat, but much like my other shelter pet it became very obvious very quickly why someone had given him up.

Goodfella

• View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: May 24, 2007, 05:11:41 PM »

My friend called him "Gene the Fridge Humping chef from Wet Hot American Summer."

I'm not sure I buy that it was "Charlie's time" because he didn't die for anything.  The outcome would've been the same whether he'd died or not.  It was suicide, in essence.  He & Mikhail both could've lived if he'd just evacuated quickly.  I don't  have any strong feelings toward Charlie, but it was an act of abandonment toward Claire and Aaron and the blind fatalism it implies bugs me.

I also think Ben can see the future and knows all the potential futures that Jack is influencing with his decisions.

Anyway, I wouldn't admit to that on a forum with my potential future classmates because I figure if a girl having a cat is a red flag to men, a girl having a cat who pees on towels and likes to rub himself lasciviously on dirty underwear would be a flailing DANGER WILL ROBINSON robot but I don't plan on dating in law school.  He's a good cat, but much like my other shelter pet it became very obvious very quickly why someone had given him up.

The way I see it it was either Charlie turns it off then he and Desmond go back up and join the adventure, leaving the 3 others in the looking glass dead. But for Mikhail to live he'd need to do what he did. I'd rather have Mikhail around than Charlie, more interesting.

Demetri Martin had some schtick about girls with cats and if you're cute you can pull it off, I can't do it justice but just don't talk about it too much. And not dating in the law school = good idea. Seeing your ex in the hallways every day sucks just as much as it did in high school. Oh no, repressed memories bubbling up, I gotta go!

« Reply #1475 on: May 24, 2007, 05:53:35 PM »
Can we PLEASE have spoiler warnings?!

« Reply #1476 on: May 24, 2007, 06:12:42 PM »

The way I see it it was either Charlie turns it off then he and Desmond go back up and join the adventure, leaving the 3 others in the looking glass dead. But for Mikhail to live he'd need to do what he did. I'd rather have Mikhail around than Charlie, more interesting.

Demetri Martin had some schtick about girls with cats and if you're cute you can pull it off, I can't do it justice but just don't talk about it too much. And not dating in the law school = good idea. Seeing your ex in the hallways every day sucks just as much as it did in high school. Oh no, repressed memories bubbling up, I gotta go!

I remember that:
http://www.swivel.com/graphs/show/7217229

I believe this graph allows me seven minutes of talking about how intuitive my cat is.  And I knew there was a reason I didn't really date in high school.  It's a lesson I learned when I dated on my dorm floor.  Twice.  (One time could be a fluke -- needed to reconfirm results.)  I'm actually bringing a person with me but I haven't committed to buying the cow yet so when law school turns me into a bitter, twisted harpy (or more of one than I already am) and I wind up single again I'll still have my obnoxious boy-cat.  (Who is not, by the way, at all intuitive.)

I still say they both could'a lived.  Then they could have a death match on the beach.  Mikhail would win, but Charlie is scrappy.

(And sorry, Xero.)

« Reply #1477 on: May 24, 2007, 07:59:19 PM »
I liked Charlie...it was sad to see him die.  and what was with Walt reappearing?  and john locke is really starting to get on my nerves...i can't take him.

okay so Jack with all the facial hair - obviously a peak into the future...BUT why did he make a reference to the chief to see if his dad was drunk?  did anyone else catch that?  that's why I didn't think it was a glimpse of the future at first...

Goodfella

• View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: May 24, 2007, 08:12:26 PM »
I figured it's because Drunken Amish Fridge-Humping Jack was drunk at the time.

« Reply #1479 on: May 24, 2007, 09:03:26 PM »
Okay.  Just watched it.  Wow.

That was uh.. different.

I don't know if I can three more years of this show.

Who was in the coffin? Sawyer or Ben?