Law School Discussion

happiest day of my life!

happiest day of my life!
« on: March 28, 2007, 11:27:07 AM »
hey kids....

i know this is the wrong board to be posting this. but i mostly post on this board anyways, so whatever....

i got my first letter of law school acceptance today!!!  i took the LSAT 5 times.  my scores were 150, 151, 152, 154, and one cancellation.  i have a 3.23 gpa from Penn State University.  my numbers are low, but i wrote a killer personal statement.  i got into University of Wisconsin - Madison.  I think it's a Top 30 law school.

just wanted to tell all you LSAT kids, that there is more than one way out of the jungle!  so if you're LSAT score sucks, find another way to get to where you want!

love,
lather

Re: happiest day of my life!
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2007, 11:31:48 AM »
congrats.

enjoy Madison.

let's see what happens.  i'm still waiting to hear back from 13 other law schools.  but madison is definitely up there among my TOP choices.

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2007, 11:32:12 AM »
Congrats!! As someone with an sucky LSAT score myself, you are truly an inspiration.  :)

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2007, 11:34:53 AM »
congrats.

enjoy Madison.

let's see what happens.  i'm still waiting to hear back from 13 other law schools.  but madison is definitely up there among my TOP choices.

If you go to Madison you won't need to take the bar exam.

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2007, 11:44:43 AM »
Wow. Madison is a great city and the law school there is beautiful and amazing (#31 on the new USNWR list, methinks). Congrats!

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2007, 12:03:36 PM »
Congrats...Hopefully I will be as blessed as you...I am on reserve list at CLS

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2007, 01:10:04 PM »
Congrats to you. I remember that not too long ago you wrote in some thread that not everybody is meant to go to law school and that this would be your last try. I'm glad everything worked out for you especially since you tried so hard to get in to law school. Maybe that effort was seen in your application. It must truly be a great day for you.

kenny32

• You're sorry I'm sorry Everybody's sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2007, 01:14:42 PM »
Congrats, Lather!  :)

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2007, 01:46:45 PM »
Congrats. Madison is a great college town and has a crazy atmosphere. I hope you go to some of those UW wisconsin hockey games, they may not be Minnesota but they are still pretty good ;)

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2007, 01:57:25 PM »
you guys are the best!  i'm so overwhelmed with all the positive reponses!  thanks again so much!  we'll see what happens...i'm still waiting to hear from more schools.

you know, Rocky Balboa gave a really meaningful speech in Rocky 6. he said....

"What is it you said to the kid? The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very rough, mean place... and no matter how tough you think you are, it'll always bring you to your knees and keep you there, permanently... if you let it. You or nobody ain't never gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard you hit... it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. If you know what you're worth, go out and get what you're worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hit."

.........that's how winning is done.......