Law School Discussion

Writing letters of continued interest?

Writing letters of continued interest?
« on: February 13, 2007, 08:18:22 AM »
So, both UK and OSU said in their "on hold" letters that I could send more information.

Already send ALL the schools (via LSAC) my 4.0 from last quarter, so should I just send a brief letter highlighting the updates to my resume (and attach an updated resume)?  Thanking them for considering my application?

Honestly, I don't want to put too much effort in since UC is probably where I'm going to end up  ;), but I would feel like a slacker not sending anything ... and I *could* change my mind about where I want to go.

UFBGD

• View Profile
Re: Writing letters of continued interest?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2007, 07:11:57 AM »
Did you end up writing the letter of interest to UK?? If so, how long until the accept came???  I'm contemplating writing a letter, but I dont really have anything to add with regard to my resume or app really...so....Id be writing to shmooze...

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2007, 07:44:56 AM »
I think that if you want to get in you have to write the letter, even if it is just to schmooze. Even if you feel like you have already stated your interest...tell them again, tell them why. They want to know that if they let you in you will go, so convince them of it.

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2007, 11:30:33 AM »
Did you end up writing the letter of interest to UK?? If so, how long until the accept came???  I'm contemplating writing a letter, but I dont really have anything to add with regard to my resume or app really...so....Id be writing to shmooze...

I actually didn't write a letter - too busy/lazy ... but I HAD sent last quarter's grades to them, and I ended up getting in :)