Law School Discussion

Experimental 1 or 3?

Re: Experimental 1 or 3?
« Reply #150 on: February 12, 2007, 10:59:31 AM »
I was wrong, experimental was either section 1 or 3 - which is unprecedented in LSAT history.  Here are the 4 possible section orders:

Arguments (26 questions), Reading Comprehension (27 questions), Arguments (25 questions, experimental), Arguments (25 questions), Games (22 questions)
Arguments (25 questions, experimental), Reading Comprehension (27 questions), Arguments (26 questions), Arguments (25 questions), Games (22 questions)
Arguments (25 questions, experimental), Reading Comprehension (27 questions), Arguments (26 questions), Games (22 questions) , Arguments (25 questions),
Games (23 questions, experimental), Reading Comprehension (27 questions), Arguments (26 questions), Games (22 questions), Arguments (25 questions)

« Reply #151 on: February 12, 2007, 02:39:17 PM »
I was super slow on the first LR and I had to completely guess on the last three questions.  By guess I meant I circled D for all of them.  This sucks.  I hope section 1 is the experimental but even if it was I still don't think I topped my 166.  I studied pretty hard and it's pretty frustrating that one bad day invalidated all of that work (Maybe also that studying so much seems to have little effect).  I already got into great schools with great offers so I shouldn't feel too bad, but I can't help but feel disappointed in myself. 

« Reply #152 on: February 12, 2007, 03:22:20 PM »
i had two LG sections (1 and 4) and i'm drawing a total blank on what principle/application questions even are... i know we can't be too specific but anything you can give me to jog my memory and i might be able to help you...
i think i was so focused on that ridiculous faculty/student housing question on which i had to guess 3 answers that everything else seemed comparatively easy and was therefore forgotten.

I had these principle/application questions and I don't even remember them  :-[

As a principle I choose not to apply my memory to past torture...

cvetok

• LSAT - February/ waiting
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #153 on: February 12, 2007, 04:56:13 PM »
I think (and hope) that for those with 3LR sections, section 1 was in fact experimental, as I also felt that questions were weird and tougher than I thought. Might be a mistake on my part, but I hope not. :P

« Reply #154 on: February 12, 2007, 05:41:05 PM »
I have the Turtle question on my first LR.  My test form is LR RC LR LR LG

Does the turtle question proven that my 1st section is indeed experimental?

« Reply #155 on: February 12, 2007, 07:05:45 PM »
Powerscore's student website which you would need a login to access (students.powerscore.com) posted a msg at 8:26am this morning stating "NOTICE: The experimental section for the February 10th, 2007 LSAT was section 1." - nothing more.

Can someone provide link to the princeton msg please?

testmaster's website says the same thing.  section 1 experimental for everyone.

« Reply #156 on: February 12, 2007, 07:21:26 PM »
So there is yet a consensus as to either Exp 1 or 3 regardless which test form you take!

« Reply #157 on: February 12, 2007, 07:29:51 PM »
i don't remember if the loggerhead turtle question was in my section 1 LR or my section 3 LR or even my section 4 LR.  that's a lot of LR.  it's possible for people to be mistaken in remembering which of those three sections it came in.

also, my understanding is that when the LSAC incorporates changes to the LSAT, it always starts in June, since that is the beginning of the new cycle.

« Reply #158 on: February 12, 2007, 07:35:14 PM »
i am positive that the loggerhead turtles was the first question of the first lr section for me. it's one of the only lr questions i remember.
where on the testmasters site does it say that the first section was experimental?

« Reply #159 on: February 12, 2007, 07:40:40 PM »
i am positive that the loggerhead turtles was the first question of the first lr section for me. it's one of the only lr questions i remember.
where on the testmasters site does it say that the first section was experimental?

when you try log in, it will take you to the member's area expired page.  and on that page it says it.  unless, your member's area page is not expired.