Law School Discussion

Women: do you have the 2-3 day rule for calling too?

kirps

• Why don't you burn in hell?
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Women: do you have the 2-3 day rule for calling too?
« Reply #90 on: January 24, 2007, 09:36:16 PM »
burn.

Anyway, saw a mutual friend tonight and it looks like I am gonna have to play this one pretty cool, meaning it will be epic if I can pull this off... :-[

You mean she's not into you?  Why would she have given you her number then?

Well the friend did say that she was the kind of girl that would have made sure I couldn't get her number if she didn't want me to have it. But apparently she just got out of a pretty long term so it may have to be pretty low-key for a while. But of course this is all speculation too, she may just be the kind of girl that won't call until after a first date,  I know some of those.

Anyway, the idea put forth was to call tomorrow night and make it very casual i.e. say I am going to be someplace and see if she wants to join, and if I have to leave a voice mail just do the same and be at said place and she might just be the type to just show up

I f-ing hate this part.

Hank Rearden

• Zurich is stained
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 24, 2007, 09:50:44 PM »
burn.

Anyway, saw a mutual friend tonight and it looks like I am gonna have to play this one pretty cool, meaning it will be epic if I can pull this off... :-[

You mean she's not into you?  Why would she have given you her number then?

Well the friend did say that she was the kind of girl that would have made sure I couldn't get her number if she didn't want me to have it. But apparently she just got out of a pretty long term so it may have to be pretty low-key for a while. But of course this is all speculation too, she may just be the kind of girl that won't call until after a first date,  I know some of those.

Anyway, the idea put forth was to call tomorrow night and make it very casual i.e. say I am going to be someplace and see if she wants to join, and if I have to leave a voice mail just do the same and be at said place and she might just be the type to just show up

I f-ing hate this part.

I definitely agree that it is an awkward time, but just try to be care-free about it.  If she doesn't like you, who cares?  She is a f-ing loser.  Doesn't matter if it's true as long as it's what you believe. 

And the situation doesn't sound bad.  Coming off a long term relationship could be good or bad.  She might just want a rebound fling, or she might be the type of girl who always wants a guy to be around.  Could mean anything. 

jimfoolery

• Bo knows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 24, 2007, 09:54:42 PM »
If things don't work out, you might try this slight twist on johnkorean's gifts on the porch idea, courtesy of Jack Handey:

Sometimes when I feel like killing someone, I do a little trick to calm myself down. I'll go over to the personís house and ring the doorbell. When the person comes to the door, I'm gone, but you know what I've left on the porch? A jack-o-lantern with a knife stuck in the side of it's head with a note that says "You." After that I usually feel a lot better, and no harm done.

Brito

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #93 on: January 24, 2007, 09:55:21 PM »
I don't have any rules.  If I want to hang out with someone, I do so, and if I want to talk, I do.  And that's that.

Hank Rearden

• Zurich is stained
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 24, 2007, 09:57:09 PM »

Brito

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #95 on: January 24, 2007, 10:01:00 PM »

kirps

• Why don't you burn in hell?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #97 on: January 24, 2007, 10:08:31 PM »
Unfortunately along with skills I lack patience, as you might guess I don't date alot.

Hank Rearden

• Zurich is stained
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 24, 2007, 10:11:40 PM »
Unfortunately along with skills I lack patience, as you might guess I don't date alot.

Patience is overrated

So you're a first or second date kind of gal?

Hank Rearden

• Zurich is stained
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 24, 2007, 10:15:03 PM »

Patience is overrated

So you're a first or second date kind of gal?

Ahem. Oh, wouldn't you like to know?  ;)

Just wondering.

/I don't have much patience either.