Law School Discussion

Women: do you have the 2-3 day rule for calling too?

Johnny Stuffs His Mouth

• 1/2 of the Golden Couple
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Women: do you have the 2-3 day rule for calling too?
« Reply #80 on: January 24, 2007, 12:39:31 PM »
i meant it.

'maintain' what?

Well then, thanks for real.

Maintain my sanity, my cool, my approach etc. I tend to freak out if things don't immediately go super, but if I can freak out in a neutral place, it does me no harm. So here I am freaking out in a neutral place. That way I can appear well-adjusted to the young lovely until such time as she likes me enough to think my psychosis is endearing or likes me enough that it has gone away.

and to Oddibemcd, wow...just, wow.

I think that's for me, actually, unless you find Peter Gabriel more disturbing than balloon messages proclaiming eternal love for someone you just met.

It's ok, though. That's what happens when people misquote.

Johnny Stuffs His Mouth

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #81 on: January 24, 2007, 12:42:19 PM »
kirps is my favorite n00b

Thanks, I think...

And yes, while I am not currently relaxed, bitching on the board does help me maintain until such time as I do get a call back, or place my next call.

I say if she doesn't call you back by the end of the night, you should drop by her house before she wakes up and leave 5 balloons at her door. Inside each balloon should be a slip of paper, each of which has a different word written on it. When she pops them and arranges them, they'll spell out "I will always love you". This is probably the best approach.

Holy crap...

I know, so romantic, right?

I have three letters to your question:

T

R

O

I'm puzzled. I thought I had it, but I was wrong.

My first guess was ROMANTIC - T - O - R = MANTI. I figure manti was plural for mantis, as in praying mantis, and what could be more romantic than a praying mantis? So I thought you concurred. Then I found out manti isn't really the plural, it's just a city in Utah. Or a Turkish dumpling. So now I need help.

kirps

• Why don't you burn in hell?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #82 on: January 24, 2007, 12:43:02 PM »
i meant it.

'maintain' what?

Well then, thanks for real.

Maintain my sanity, my cool, my approach etc. I tend to freak out if things don't immediately go super, but if I can freak out in a neutral place, it does me no harm. So here I am freaking out in a neutral place. That way I can appear well-adjusted to the young lovely until such time as she likes me enough to think my psychosis is endearing or likes me enough that it has gone away.

and to Oddibemcd, wow...just, wow.

I think that's for me, actually, unless you find Peter Gabriel more disturbing than balloon messages proclaiming eternal love for someone you just met.

It's ok, though. That's what happens when people misquote.
Yeah it was, my bad, I got all confuzzled, but I think we can see how easily this happens to me most of the time.

h2xblive

« Reply #83 on: January 24, 2007, 07:20:52 PM »

See half the time you get show interest, and half the time you get don't be over eager, its such a f-ing crap shoot. I wish it was as simple as "I like you, you like me, lets go out, when? now? great, let me get my cute shoes" or whatever. But of course life isn't like that. I just hope she does call me and that the one day difference isn't a killer, that would piss me off so much

:D  :D  :D

If only.  I'd go for something as simple as that.

I think we all would.  The tricky thing is the "you like me" part.

Johnny Stuffs His Mouth

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #84 on: January 24, 2007, 07:21:47 PM »

See half the time you get show interest, and half the time you get don't be over eager, its such a f-ing crap shoot. I wish it was as simple as "I like you, you like me, lets go out, when? now? great, let me get my cute shoes" or whatever. But of course life isn't like that. I just hope she does call me and that the one day difference isn't a killer, that would piss me off so much

You're all skipping the most crucial step: "I like myself". Oooooooh. Think about that.

Hank Rearden

• Zurich is stained
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 24, 2007, 07:23:35 PM »

Well some of us have to worry about that more than others. 

Johnny Stuffs His Mouth

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #86 on: January 24, 2007, 07:29:23 PM »

Thanks, I think...

And yes, while I am not currently relaxed, bitching on the board does help me maintain until such time as I do get a call back, or place my next call.

I say if she doesn't call you back by the end of the night, you should drop by her house before she wakes up and leave 5 balloons at her door. Inside each balloon should be a slip of paper, each of which has a different word written on it. When she pops them and arranges them, they'll spell out "I will always love you". This is probably the best approach.

Holy crap...

T

R

O

My first guess was ROMANTIC - T - O - R = MANTI. I figure manti was plural for mantis, as in praying mantis, and what could be more romantic than a praying mantis? So I thought you concurred. Then I found out manti isn't really the plural, it's just a city in Utah. Or a Turkish dumpling. So now I need help.

I'm pretty sure it means "temporary restraining order"

But ROMANTIC - T - R - O = MANIC, actually.  Which I think covers this thread pretty well.   ::)

I am shamed. Hold on, let me find the right smiley...  :-[ I think that's it.

Johnny Stuffs His Mouth

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #87 on: January 24, 2007, 07:32:55 PM »

Thanks, I think...

Holy crap...

T

R

O

I'm pretty sure it means "temporary restraining order"

But ROMANTIC - T - R - O = MANIC, actually.  Which I think covers this thread pretty well.   ::)

I am shamed. Hold on, let me find the right smiley...  :-[ I think that's it.

It's okay.  I liked the bit about plural mantises.

Yeah, but MANIC would have been so much better.

kirps

• Why don't you burn in hell?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #88 on: January 24, 2007, 08:58:33 PM »
burn.

Anyway, saw a mutual friend tonight and it looks like I am gonna have to play this one pretty cool, meaning it will be epic if I can pull this off... :-[

Hank Rearden

• Zurich is stained
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 24, 2007, 09:28:01 PM »
burn.

Anyway, saw a mutual friend tonight and it looks like I am gonna have to play this one pretty cool, meaning it will be epic if I can pull this off... :-[

You mean she's not into you?  Why would she have given you her number then?