Law School Discussion

Women: do you have the 2-3 day rule for calling too?

kirps

• Why don't you burn in hell?
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Women: do you have the 2-3 day rule for calling too?
« Reply #70 on: January 24, 2007, 12:04:26 PM »
I think Tuesday is a little late for calling after a Saturday phone number offering, but not fatal, which is why I think a Thursday call would be okay.  Then again, this might be moot since you said you're both 8-5ers, and she may give you a call this evening after work!

I think I'm just picky, but I expect someone to definitely show interest and not worry about 2-3 day waiting periods.

Definitely don't wait half a week to call her again if you do end up going out this weekend.   ;)

See half the time you get show interest, and half the time you get don't be over eager, its such a f-ing crap shoot. I wish it was as simple as "I like you, you like me, lets go out, when? now? great, let me get my cute shoes" or whatever. But of course life isn't like that. I just hope she does call me and that the one day difference isn't a killer, that would piss me off so much

h2xblive

« Reply #71 on: January 24, 2007, 12:11:47 PM »
I know Im going to sound old school but if a guy likes you, he'll ask you out.

...eventually

kirps

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #72 on: January 24, 2007, 12:21:03 PM »
kirps is my favorite n00b

Thanks, I think...

And yes, while I am not currently relaxed, bitching on the board does help me maintain until such time as I do get a call back, or place my next call.

Johnny Stuffs His Mouth

• 1/2 of the Golden Couple
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #73 on: January 24, 2007, 12:24:22 PM »

Thanks, I think...

And yes, while I am not currently relaxed, bitching on the board does help me maintain until such time as I do get a call back, or place my next call.

I say if she doesn't call you back by the end of the night, you should drop by her house before she wakes up and leave 5 balloons at her door. Inside each balloon should be a slip of paper, each of which has a different word written on it. When she pops them and arranges them, they'll spell out "I will always love you". This is probably the best approach.

Oddibemcd

• Take that Rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 24, 2007, 12:27:37 PM »

Thanks, I think...

I strongly suggest going over to her place with your jambox. Bring your copy of So and crank it up. Hold said jambox over your head and sing "In Your Eyes" over and over. Chicks dig Peter Gabriel.
I say if she doesn't call you back by the end of the night, you should drop by her house before she wakes up and leave 5 balloons at her door. Inside each balloon should be a slip of paper, each of which has a different word written on it. When she pops them and arranges them, they'll spell out "I will always love you". This is probably the best approach.

h2xblive

« Reply #75 on: January 24, 2007, 12:27:57 PM »

Thanks, I think...

Holy crap...

Johnny Stuffs His Mouth

• 1/2 of the Golden Couple
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #76 on: January 24, 2007, 12:29:46 PM »

Thanks, I think...

Holy crap...

I know, so romantic, right?

h2xblive

« Reply #77 on: January 24, 2007, 12:32:10 PM »

Thanks, I think...

Holy crap...

I know, so romantic, right?

I have three letters to your question:

T

R

O

kirps

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #78 on: January 24, 2007, 12:35:08 PM »
i meant it.

'maintain' what?

Well then, thanks for real.

Maintain my sanity, my cool, my approach etc. I tend to freak out if things don't immediately go super, but if I can freak out in a neutral place, it does me no harm. So here I am freaking out in a neutral place. That way I can appear well-adjusted to the young lovely until such time as she likes me enough to think my psychosis is endearing or likes me enough that it has gone away.

and to Oddibemcd, wow...just, wow.

Hank Rearden

• Zurich is stained
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 24, 2007, 12:37:11 PM »
I know Im going to sound old school but if a guy likes you, he'll ask you out.

Except that he might or might not.  Please.  What delusional fantasy world do you live in?

Im not delusional. If a guy likes you...he'll muster up some courage and ask you out. I dont know how things work for you, but thats the way it works for me.

Guys don't ask me out; I don't play for that team.

If your standard is "if a guy won't work up the balls to ask me out then I don't want any part of him, and/or I don't want to ask him out in case he doesn't like me," fine.  But don't lie to yourself.  Some guys will, for any number of reasons, not ask out girls that they're interested in.  Any non-retarded person above the age of eleven or so knows this.

Aww, halfie--tactful as always!