Law School Discussion

Women: do you have the 2-3 day rule for calling too?

keepup

• View Profile
Re: Women: do you have the 2-3 day rule for calling too?
« Reply #60 on: January 24, 2007, 10:45:06 AM »
I know Im going to sound old school but if a guy likes you, he'll ask you out.

Except that he might or might not.  Please.  What delusional fantasy world do you live in?

Im not delusional. If a guy likes you...he'll muster up some courage and ask you out. I dont know how things work for you, but thats the way it works for me.

Guys don't ask me out; I don't play for that team.

If your standard is "if a guy won't work up the balls to ask me out then I don't want any part of him, and/or I don't want to ask him out in case he doesn't like me," fine.  But don't lie to yourself.  Some guys will, for any number of reasons, not ask out girls that they're interested in.  Any non-retarded person above the age of eleven or so knows this.

I never said the bolded, youre getting worked up over nothing. I would like to have a discussion about this, but Im not going to have one with someone whos resorting to childish insults.

I know.  I'm saying that the bolded would be fine, because at least it would be honest.  You're saying that if a boy likes you he will ask you out.  I'm saying that any non-retarded person above the age of eleven or so knows that this is not the case in the real, actual world in which we live--plenty of boys do like girls and yet still not ask them out.

1. Dont tell me what Im saying.

2. I clarified my earlier statement. Go back and read it, if you want to.

3. Frankly, I see your point and never said I didnt agree with it. I just dont feel like having a discussion with you because it seems like you just want to agrue and I dont have time for that nonsense.

4. If you havent guessed, Im done discussing this with you. :)

jer

• i likes gold chapstick
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 24, 2007, 10:47:41 AM »

And by way of a question, is Tuesday evening 7:30 really too long to wait if she gave me her number at 2:30 am saturday night/sunday morning?

">

Johnny Stuffs His Mouth

• 1/2 of the Golden Couple
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: January 24, 2007, 10:49:42 AM »
And by way of a question, is Tuesday evening 7:30 really too long to wait if she gave me her number at 2:30 am saturday night/sunday morning?

I say you should have called Monday afternoon/very early evening. Calling her late doesn't give her any time to adjust plans to hang out that night; calling early enough in the day gives her more time to clear her schedule, or enough notice to keep it free. Plus, if she gave you her number unsolicited (how intoxicated was she?), she's into you.

kirps

• Why don't you burn in hell?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: January 24, 2007, 10:56:24 AM »
I waited for two reasons, one, to avoid seeming too eager, but two, because we had spoken about going snowboarding together that evening, she even suggested the activity when she gave me her number. Well around here, especially with both of us working 8 to 5's snowboarding can only be done on the weekend. So I figured Monday might be too early to make plans for the weekend.

I dunno, it just seemed the right thing to do at the time.

Johnny Stuffs His Mouth

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: January 24, 2007, 11:00:14 AM »
I waited for two reasons, one, to avoid seeming too eager, but two, because we had spoken about going snowboarding together that evening, she even suggested the activity when she gave me her number. Well around here, especially with both of us working 8 to 5's snowboarding can only be done on the weekend. So I figured Monday might be too early to make plans for the weekend.

Being too eager is a myth. Eagerness = interest = high form of flattery.

I'd say if she doesn't call you by tomorrow evening, call her again. Then again, I'm a terrible person to ask. At work, if someone hasn't responded to an email in 10 minutes, I call them, and I'm sure it drives them crazy.

keepup

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 24, 2007, 11:02:19 AM »

I would call on Thurs to make plans for the weekend.

kirps

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: January 24, 2007, 11:05:20 AM »
Well it sounds like Thursday is pretty much the consensus...and also my original plan for the second call. I've been characterized as too eager (myth or not) in the past so I get a little concerned. I have this paranoia that one wrong step gets me completely tossed out of any possibility of getting a date, which given the circumstances is probably not logical, at least I would think...

Johnny Stuffs His Mouth

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #67 on: January 24, 2007, 11:06:35 AM »
Well it sounds like Thursday is pretty much the consensus...and also my original plan for the second call. I've been characterized as too eager (myth or not) in the past so I get a little concerned. I have this paranoia that one wrong step gets me completely tossed out of any possibility of getting a date, which given the circumstances is probably not logical, at least I would think...

If a girl is going to judge you for being too interested in her, she can go @#!* herself.

kirps

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #68 on: January 24, 2007, 11:24:00 AM »

why have you acted too eager in the past?

If I meet a girl and I like her, I want to spend time with her, I don't do well at the game... Act just disinterested enough to make her interested, wink at her once through a crowded room to indicate mild interest, pull her pigtails on the playground, whatever. I do fine once I actually get past the first date, but I have had such dicey experiences with that in the past (i.e. getting turned down, ending up in the friend zone) that I get paranoid.

Which I KNOW is the least attractive quality to exhibit, so I have driven it out here to the desert to detenonate it where it can't hurt anyone...

jer

• i likes gold chapstick
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 24, 2007, 11:27:57 AM »
I like to let a guy know I like him by sleeping with him first, and then giving him my phone number.

'posit