Law School Discussion

Women: do you have the 2-3 day rule for calling too?

h2xblive

Re: Women: do you have the 2-3 day rule for calling too?
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2007, 08:43:35 AM »
Have you ever given out your number and wished the guy wouldn't call?  Or do you have the honor to just refuse giving the guy your number?

I know youre not asking me, but I'll answer.  ;D I think its better just to refuse to give a guy your # if youre not interested. Having to make something up when the guy calls isnt really a good feeling.

Villefort, she gave him a number without him asking for it, so I think she's definitely interested.  

Question to the OP: did you leave a callback number in your message?  Maybe she wants to call you back but cannot?  (this has happened to me, yes, and it's extremely frustrating).

I know.  I'm quasi-hijacking the OP's thread.

h2xblive

« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2007, 08:44:14 AM »
Have you ever given out your number and wished the guy wouldn't call?

That's just plain wrong. If you're not interested, don't give out your number, don't give out a fake number. Just say "Not interested" and move on. Are you going to hurt the guy's feelings? Probably, but it's a hell of a lot better than giving him hope only to destroy it later. Vag up.

I agree.

keepup

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2007, 08:45:50 AM »
Have you ever given out your number and wished the guy wouldn't call?  Or do you have the honor to just refuse giving the guy your number?

I know youre not asking me, but I'll answer.  ;D I think its better just to refuse to give a guy your # if youre not interested. Having to make something up when the guy calls isnt really a good feeling.

I hear saying no is pretty hard, too.

Sometimes. It depends on the person.

« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2007, 08:46:51 AM »
I wish boys would just call.

If you ask for my number, call.  Call sooner rather than later.  I'm not going to think you're a dink for calling right away (but don't call that night...that's just weird).  I'm going to think you're interested, and since I gave you my number, that's a good thing.

I'm not going to ask for your number, so I'm not calling you.  Sack up.

One more thing - if I thought we hit it off and you don't ask for my number, I might be a bit bummed but I won't be offended.  But if you ask for my number and then don't call, I'll hate you forever.

I highly recommend this site:  http://www.dcnites.com/files/datingrules.php  (the formatting is a pain, but well worth a read)

I can only think of one time I wished a guy wouldn't call, but it was a complicated situation involving a case of mistaken identity.  Turns out "Do you work at John Deere?" can be an effective pickup line, even when he doesn't and so just starts making up a story.

But, I also can't think of too many times when someone has asked for a number I haven't wanted to give.  I don't project a very friendly vibe that makes strangers try and pick me up in bars (a gift/curse I completely don't have).

I guess your "vibe" is nothing like your LSD avatar, huh?

Nope.  I'm great at house parties, terrible in bars.

jer

• i likes gold chapstick
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2007, 09:07:07 AM »
I had a really good relationship with a guy to whom I did not want to give my number, but he got it from my friend. So sometimes weird things happen when guys you're not intetested in at first get a hold of your number :D

now you're just making fun of me

« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2007, 09:09:32 AM »
general question: how and why did dating become a thing to be gamed?

I blame feminism.

<goalie's ears perk up>

Johnny Stuffs His Mouth

• 1/2 of the Golden Couple
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2007, 09:16:13 AM »
We're not playing spin the bottle; how old are we? More importantly, how old are they?

w00t garden state!

Thank you.

Johnny Stuffs His Mouth

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2007, 09:21:09 AM »
if i like a guy, i'll call that same night.  is that desperate?  keep in mind that i usually only date guys that i'm friends with first so it's not like we're complete strangers.

No, that makes you awesome. Girls showing initiative = relief for guys. It's the least vague way for a girl to show interest in a guy.

It's not fair, really. Guys can hardly tell if a girl is interested in him or not, but for girls it's easy. Just grab your crotch. If you don't feel testicles, he's interested in you.

kirps

• Why don't you burn in hell?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2007, 09:28:34 AM »
So many things to quote, so little space on the page that allows me to do so...

Anyway,

First as I said, this is my attempt to get my crazy out, so I don't get any on her.

Two, yes she volunteered her number without me even asking, I figure women don't go out of their way to volunteer a number unless they do want you to call.

Three, yes I did leave a callback number, and even if I didn't we have several mutual friends, so she can get it.

Four, my current plan is to give until Thursday evening then call her again if she hasn't called back by then.

Five, she's shorter than me for those of you who saw the height thread...

Six, whoever said Vag Up made liquid shoot out my nose.

Seven, we have super-meeting day here at work, so my apologies for the long time between posts.

Johnny Stuffs His Mouth

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2007, 09:29:44 AM »
So many things to quote, so little space on the page that allows me to do so...

Anyway,

First as I said, this is my attempt to get my crazy out, so I don't get any on her.

Two, yes she volunteered her number without me even asking, I figure women don't go out of their way to volunteer a number unless they do want you to call.

Three, yes I did leave a callback number, and even if I didn't we have several mutual friends, so she can get it.

Four, my current plan is to give until Thursday evening then call her again if she hasn't called back by then.

Five, she's shorter than me for those of you who saw the height thread...

Six, whoever said Vag Up made liquid shoot out my nose.

Seven, we have super-meeting day here at work, so my apologies for the long time between posts.

You're welcome.