Law School Discussion

Women: do you have the 2-3 day rule for calling too?

kirps

• Why don't you burn in hell?
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Women: do you have the 2-3 day rule for calling too?
« Reply #200 on: January 26, 2007, 12:32:56 PM »

Okay, this is indeed an odd situation. Maybe she has a boyfriend, but their relationship isn't rock solid, so she's kind of looking around for someone else. Maybe she decided after that weekend that she did indeed want to be with her boyfriend, hence the kiss-off on the phone. Or she could be one of those girls that's very flirty and likes attention from other guys, but changes her mind quickly afterwards.

Yes, I agree.  I really doubt she gave you her number to tell you she had a boyfriend. 

Shanny is right.  Girls change their minds all the time.  For instance I was talking to this one girl via facebook last week who was overjoyed that she and her boyfriend were back together, and then two days later she was listed as single again.  I had to laugh. 

Yup. Actually, now that I think about, it really isn't all that strange. My guess is, OP, that she actually was interested in you, but maybe felt guilty later since she has a boyfriend. Not to be stereotypical, but girls do change their minds quite often. But as cal says, there's always hope! If you ever see her again be friendly and nice, and maybe she'll lose this BF eventually.

NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!

MOVE ON!

NEXT!!!

Okay, you're right. There isn't always hope. I just meant, sometimes just because she has a boyfriend doesn't mean all hope is lost. I know several people that started off in one relationship, and left it for another relationship.

look, i know what you are saying, but this guy is gonna be a 40 yr old virgin unless he gets on his horse and finds some new ladies

haha, thanks, though not a virgin now, I think the bigger concern is that I will get too bitter or judgmental to give decent girls a chance when they come along.

And not to worry, she said she had a boyfriend which means either she does right now or she wants me to think she does, either of which means I'm not going to be touching the fun bits anytime in the near future. I'm not really looking to make anymore "friends" so I'm pretty much done with her at this point.

Hank Rearden

• Zurich is stained
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 26, 2007, 12:40:42 PM »

"i have a boyfriend" = not interested

"i'm seeing someone" = you have aroused my interest, but we'll have to see

"i'm available" = you're gettin' laid

What about "come into my bedroom"?  You're gettin' an STD?

kirps

• Why don't you burn in hell?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #202 on: January 26, 2007, 12:57:35 PM »
To quote Ice Cube, "Cuz that HIV'll make your male private part hang sideways, and that ain't cool, fool"