Law School Discussion

Women: do you have the 2-3 day rule for calling too?

keepup

• View Profile
Re: Women: do you have the 2-3 day rule for calling too?
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2007, 08:23:11 AM »
I wish boys would just call.

If you ask for my number, call.  Call sooner rather than later.  I'm not going to think you're a dink for calling right away (but don't call that night...that's just weird).  I'm going to think you're interested, and since I gave you my number, that's a good thing.
I'm not going to ask for your number, so I'm not calling you.  Sack up.

Yeah I agree 100%.

Johnny Stuffs His Mouth

• 1/2 of the Golden Couple
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2007, 08:26:12 AM »

If you ask for my number, call.  Call sooner rather than later.  I'm not going to think you're a dink for calling right away (but don't call that night...that's just weird).  I'm going to think you're interested, and since I gave you my number, that's a good thing.

One more thing - if I thought we hit it off and you don't ask for my number, I might be a bit bummed but I won't be offended.  But if you ask for my number and then don't call, I'll hate you forever.

I highly recommend this site:  http://www.dcnites.com/files/datingrules.php  (the formatting is a pain, but well worth a read)

You're like the Sixers after trading A.I., berry: you're missing the point. (Yes, this was a forced analogy, why do you ask?)

He did call, but got no answer, so he left a message. He's just wondering when/if he should call again. My vote is wait for her, otherwise you might come off a little paranoid.

h2xblive

« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2007, 08:27:30 AM »

One more thing - if I thought we hit it off and you don't ask for my number, I might be a bit bummed but I won't be offended.  But if you ask for my number and then don't call, I'll hate you forever.

I highly recommend this site:  http://www.dcnites.com/files/datingrules.php  (the formatting is a pain, but well worth a read)

Have you ever given out your number and wished the guy wouldn't call?  Or do you have the honor to just refuse giving the guy your number?

« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2007, 08:28:33 AM »

You're like the Sixers after trading A.I., berry: you're missing the point. (Yes, this was a forced analogy, why do you ask?)

He did call, but got no answer, so he left a message. He's just wondering when/if he should call again. My vote is wait for her, otherwise you might come off a little paranoid.

I know that wasn't his point.  I was just using this thread as a platform to express a strongly held believe.

h2xblive

« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2007, 08:31:12 AM »
In this thread I get the crazy out so I don't get any on the girl I am trying to get a date with...

Background: Meet girl at party on Sat, she is friend of friends. Things go well, before she leaves she writes her number on my hand without me having to ask for it (though I was going to). I  wait Sun, Mon and call her last night approximately 7:30, get voicemail, leave message. She has not yet called back. I suspect I am just being neurotic, now long do you women wait to call back, or would you wait for the guy to give you another call?

Oh, and I forgot to ask, how tall was this girl?  :P

« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2007, 08:32:16 AM »

Have you ever given out your number and wished the guy wouldn't call?  Or do you have the honor to just refuse giving the guy your number?

I can only think of one time I wished a guy wouldn't call, but it was a complicated situation involving a case of mistaken identity.  Turns out "Do you work at John Deere?" can be an effective pickup line, even when he doesn't and so just starts making up a story.

But, I also can't think of too many times when someone has asked for a number I haven't wanted to give.  I don't project a very friendly vibe that makes strangers try and pick me up in bars (a gift/curse I completely don't have).

keepup

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2007, 08:33:52 AM »

I know youre not asking me, but I'll answer.  ;D I think its better just to refuse to give a guy your # if youre not interested. Having to make something up when the guy calls isnt really a good feeling.

Johnny Stuffs His Mouth

• 1/2 of the Golden Couple
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2007, 08:37:40 AM »
Have you ever given out your number and wished the guy wouldn't call?

That's just plain wrong. If you're not interested, don't give out your number, don't give out a fake number. Just say "Not interested" and move on. Are you going to hurt the guy's feelings? Probably, but it's a hell of a lot better than giving him hope only to destroy it later. Vag up.

h2xblive

« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2007, 08:41:10 AM »

I can only think of one time I wished a guy wouldn't call, but it was a complicated situation involving a case of mistaken identity.  Turns out "Do you work at John Deere?" can be an effective pickup line, even when he doesn't and so just starts making up a story.

But, I also can't think of too many times when someone has asked for a number I haven't wanted to give.  I don't project a very friendly vibe that makes strangers try and pick me up in bars (a gift/curse I completely don't have).

I guess your "vibe" is nothing like your LSD avatar, huh?

h2xblive

« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2007, 08:42:52 AM »

I know youre not asking me, but I'll answer.  ;D I think its better just to refuse to give a guy your # if youre not interested. Having to make something up when the guy calls isnt really a good feeling.

I hear saying no is pretty hard, too.