Law School Discussion

Women: Are you a height bigot?

Geo_Storm

• I just parked it under tree. I didn't drive in
    • View Profile
Re: Women: Are you a height bigot?
« Reply #190 on: January 20, 2007, 12:00:55 AM »
go look add.

never mind, i'm officially tired (and retarded).  i thought you were someone else. um i don't know what that means (your addition)

lame, though, you are retarded.

j/k. :D

Hank Rearden

• Zurich is stained
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 20, 2007, 10:37:08 AM »
I'm 5'8 and as long as the guy is at least 5'9, it's doable. David Bowie and Iman made the "equal height but girl taller in heels" look very sexy and in. I don't mind being taller in heels. What I mind is a guy who is short--so 5'9 has always been my cut-off, and I have never been willing to budge below that.

However, if I was anything less than 5'5, I wouldn't date men less than 6ft b/c I wouldn't want my kids (especially my son) to be short. I understand completely why short women don't date short or average men--it's sorta hard to weed the shortness out when you're adding more short genes to your already unduly short genes.

Of course it's possible for two short people to produce tall children, and it's possible for a tall man to have children whose heights are closer to that of his short wife. But I go by probability, not possibility, and the probability of short + tall = taller is much higher than short + short = taller.

As it is, I'm 5'8 and my SO is 5'9.5. He's average height for a man and I'm tall (in comparison to American women). So our kids will very likely be at least average height males and tall females.

You seem to have thought about this a lot.  Why is height so important?

fuwaf

• View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 20, 2007, 10:42:48 AM »
I'm 5'8 and as long as the guy is at least 5'9, it's doable. David Bowie and Iman made the "equal height but girl taller in heels" look very sexy and in. I don't mind being taller in heels. What I mind is a guy who is short--so 5'9 has always been my cut-off, and I have never been willing to budge below that.

However, if I was anything less than 5'5, I wouldn't date men less than 6ft b/c I wouldn't want my kids (especially my son) to be short. I understand completely why short women don't date short or average men--it's sorta hard to weed the shortness out when you're adding more short genes to your already unduly short genes.

Of course it's possible for two short people to produce tall children, and it's possible for a tall man to have children whose heights are closer to that of his short wife. But I go by probability, not possibility, and the probability of short + tall = taller is much higher than short + short = taller.

As it is, I'm 5'8 and my SO is 5'9.5. He's average height for a man and I'm tall (in comparison to American women). So our kids will very likely be at least average height males and tall females.

I have never given the slightest thought to that and I think it's somewhat ridiculous.  I'm not having kids anyway, so it doesn't matter, but what's so bad about being short?  It takes all kinds. 

Hank Rearden

• Zurich is stained
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 20, 2007, 10:44:21 AM »

I have never given the slightest thought to that and I think it's somewhat ridiculous.  I'm not having kids anyway, so it doesn't matter, but what's so bad about being short?  It takes all kinds. 

In fact, you could even say we need short people in order to foster diversity. 

Hank Rearden

• Zurich is stained
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 20, 2007, 04:09:07 PM »

Tall people make more money.  Look it up.   ;)

Obviously I don't question the superiority of tall people.  I'm just wondering why it is something that requires so much planning. 

« Reply #195 on: January 20, 2007, 04:16:16 PM »

Tall people make more money.  Look it up.   ;)

Obviously I don't question the superiority of tall people.  I'm just wondering why it is something that requires so much planning. 

Haha.  Sorry, midgets.  (By the way, nicknames for short people was just a question featured on Family Feud).

Astro

• Happy birthday goalie!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 21, 2007, 03:13:53 AM »
Time for a new question:

GUYS: ARE YOU A BOOBS BIGOT?

As in, are flat chests okay.

more than a handfull is a wastefull

as long as they are there, i don't care

TITCR

Astro

• Happy birthday goalie!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 21, 2007, 03:27:47 AM »
wait, people do what hank wants? what dream world did this thread get moved into?

he's talking about guys, not girls doing what he wants. it's okay, we're still in reality

guys do what he wants? cuz hes tall and intimidating?ha. ha ha.

>:(

Flat-chested women would be OK if it went with the rest of their body structure.  What I don't like is when the small breasts look out of place.  And remember--a good body is a cure-all for pretty much anything.  Even a whiny high-pitched voice, a grand sense of entitlement, a daddy's girl complex, a busted face, and ugly-bitchy-obnoxious friends.

tiNtcr

TITCR

fuwaf

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 21, 2007, 07:47:51 AM »
wait, people do what hank wants? what dream world did this thread get moved into?

he's talking about guys, not girls doing what he wants. it's okay, we're still in reality

Flat-chested women would be OK if it went with the rest of their body structure.  What I don't like is when the small breasts look out of place.  And remember--a good body is a cure-all for pretty much anything.  Even a whiny high-pitched voice, a grand sense of entitlement, a daddy's girl complex, a busted face, and ugly-bitchy-obnoxious friends.

tiNtcr

TITCR

Srsly Hank, that just goes to show that you are too too young.

Geo_Storm

• I just parked it under tree. I didn't drive in
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 21, 2007, 08:58:44 AM »

tiNtcr

TITCR

Srsly Hank, that just goes to show that you are too too young.

actually when Hank does groceries, he always asks for paper. So that he has an abundance of paper bags. Hank's very pragmatic in this respect.