• View Profile
Re: Women: Are you a height bigot?
« Reply #80 on: January 17, 2007, 01:02:05 PM »
you could always wear platform shoes...

mantis

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 17, 2007, 01:02:56 PM »
Some women just ARE NOT attracted to short guys.

And sometimes it just takes the right guy.  I have always dated guys who were about six feet tall or taller (I'm 5'3") and loved that they were tall... When I met my current boyf (5'7") I thought, "Well, this isn't going to go anywhere, I like tall guys."  Wrong.  I'm completely crazy about him and the height thing just isn't an issue at all.

I think that's the OP's point.  Some women don't have an open mind or give him that chance.

ding ding ding winner, if I had a cookie I'd give you one.

Maybe you should be more persistent.  :)  There was definitely resistance on my part but he was persistent.  And great.  More with the great/persistent, less with the bitter.

kirps

• Why don't you burn in hell?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #82 on: January 17, 2007, 01:03:36 PM »
Yeah, i didn't manage to meet any girls at that KISS concert...but then again I was dressed as Peter Chris...No one wants to be Peter Chris, not even Peter Chris...

keepup

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 17, 2007, 01:04:14 PM »

Or he could just wait for someone who doesnt care about his height, and like mantis said be persistent/great and less bitter.

->Soon

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 17, 2007, 01:06:54 PM »
Yeah, i didn't manage to meet any girls at that KISS concert...but then again I was dressed as Peter Chris...No one wants to be Peter Chris, not even Peter Chris...

i saw that episode...

kirps

• Why don't you burn in hell?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #85 on: January 17, 2007, 01:10:32 PM »
Nice work, I still think its the short thing and not my obsession with Family Guy that is making things tough  :D

ADL

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 17, 2007, 01:17:15 PM »

Or he could just wait for someone who doesnt care about his height, and like mantis said be persistent/great and less bitter.

sounds like SMS to me...

->Soon

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 17, 2007, 01:18:32 PM »

sounds like SMS to me...

Super Massive Schlong?

how would YOU know?!?!?!

flyaway

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 17, 2007, 01:23:37 PM »
5'11" is alright, but below that is sorta freakish. it's supposed to be a relationship, not a circus. just keepin' it real. your race analogy is weak, kirps.

A) you've just called me freakish because I am less than 5' 11" tall. A physical characteristic which I can't change.

B) A racist hates/discriminates against someone for the color of their skin. A physical characteristic which they can't change.

I'm not saying that wanting to date someone taller than you is akin to being an orderly for Dr. Mengele (sp?) But I am saying that the immediate dismissal of someone solely for their height isn't totally innocent either. And we all do things like that, I just want it to bear consideration.

See, I don't think not being romantically attracted to someone is the same as hating or disriminating against him.  You can't really help who you're physically atracted to and who you aren't.

Are you a bigot if you are not attracted to heavy people or tall people or short people?  No... everyone has certain physical characteristics he or she is naturally attracted to in a mate.  For many women, whether it's biological or societal, we want a mate noticeably larger than ourselves.

I don't think the ACLU is going to come after you based on not being attracted to something physical about someone, no matter what it is.  Here's just one interesting study about attraction (more implications for race than height, but height may still apply):

http://cujo.clemson.edu/manuscript.php?manuscript_ID=128

ADL

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 17, 2007, 01:23:47 PM »

sounds like SMS to me...

Super Massive Schlong?

how would YOU know?!?!?!
:D :D
have you read the entire thread?