Law School Discussion

Women: Are you a height bigot?

fuwaf

• View Profile
Re: Women: Are you a height bigot?
« Reply #70 on: January 17, 2007, 12:49:03 PM »
I think he wanted, like, real ones.

If you're going to be flame, you should rack up a few more posts before trying it.  HTH.

kirps

• Why don't you burn in hell?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #71 on: January 17, 2007, 12:50:44 PM »
holy wow, not only am I a freak, but apparently I've gained an X chromosome and had the ole' Y yanked just because I had a little extra trouble overcoming gravity.

ADL

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 17, 2007, 12:52:17 PM »
5'11" is alright, but below that is sorta freakish. it's supposed to be a relationship, not a circus. just keepin' it real. your race analogy is weak, kirps.

A) you've just called me freakish because I am less than 5' 11" tall. A physical characteristic which I can't change.

B) A racist hates/discriminates against someone for the color of their skin. A physical characteristic which they can't change.

I'm not saying that wanting to date someone taller than you is akin to being an orderly for Dr. Mengele (sp?) But I am saying that the immediate dismissal of someone solely for their height isn't totally innocent either. And we all do things like that, I just want it to bear consideration.

get over it & stop whining like a short lil stump!  no matter what you say, there are women who actually prefer shorter men.  just b/c you haven't found them yet, doesn't mean that those of us that don't want you are bigots.
hell, there are men who don't want me, but i don't label them as bigots to make myself feel better, they just aren't attracted to me.
& some women just ARE NOT attracted to short guys.

h2xblive

« Reply #73 on: January 17, 2007, 12:53:42 PM »
5'11" is alright, but below that is sorta freakish. it's supposed to be a relationship, not a circus. just keepin' it real. your race analogy is weak, kirps.

A) you've just called me freakish because I am less than 5' 11" tall. A physical characteristic which I can't change.

B) A racist hates/discriminates against someone for the color of their skin. A physical characteristic which they can't change.

I'm not saying that wanting to date someone taller than you is akin to being an orderly for Dr. Mengele (sp?) But I am saying that the immediate dismissal of someone solely for their height isn't totally innocent either. And we all do things like that, I just want it to bear consideration.

get over it & stop whining like a short lil stump!  no matter what you say, there are women who actually prefer shorter men.  just b/c you haven't found them yet, doesn't mean that those of us that don't want you are bigots.
hell, there are men who don't want me, but i don't label them as bigots to make myself feel better, they just aren't attracted to me.

*claps*

fuwaf

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 17, 2007, 12:54:27 PM »
you said you wouldn't date someone shorter than you. so did i. what's the diff?

stop flaming

jer

• i likes gold chapstick
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: January 17, 2007, 12:55:32 PM »
I'm not a height bigot. As long as he's not shorter than me, it's all good.

That's not saying much. :D

I know, that's why I don't care. :D

Plus I don't like tall guys because I find it hard to hug my brother. He's too tall.

are you kidding me??? there's nothing like hugging a tall guy. getting up on you're tippy toes while he's bending down & the bonus is when he picks you up so you're the same height as him...sigh. & the best is looking up into his eyes before kissing...looking straight ahead isn't as much fun!

could not have said it better

8)
 :-* |
 -|--|-
 ^ ^

And yes - I spent the last 3 minutes creating my little diagram

:D
 \ | /
    |
   / \

Uh oh...I fear the birth of a new jer hobby...

sudoku gets boring after a while

kirps

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #76 on: January 17, 2007, 12:56:21 PM »

get over it & stop whining like a short lil stump!  no matter what you say, there are women who actually prefer shorter men.  just b/c you haven't found them yet, doesn't mean that those of us that don't want you are bigots.

best answer I've heard, a little snarky perhaps, but best framed. To be fair though the reason I use "height bigot" is 1) because I like the way it sounds, 2) because a whole class of people have been discounted, not just me, and 3) to provoke response, apologetic, angry or otherwise, and it has definitely worked, so thank you for proving my point.

mantis

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 17, 2007, 12:58:34 PM »
Some women just ARE NOT attracted to short guys.

And sometimes it just takes the right guy.  I have always dated guys who were about six feet tall or taller (I'm 5'3") and loved that they were tall... When I met my current boyf (5'7") I thought, "Well, this isn't going to go anywhere, I like tall guys."  Wrong.  I'm completely crazy about him and the height thing just isn't an issue at all.

h2xblive

« Reply #78 on: January 17, 2007, 12:59:20 PM »

And sometimes it just takes the right guy.  I have always dated guys who were about six feet tall or taller (I'm 5'3") and loved that they were tall... When I met my current boyf (5'7") I thought, "Well, this isn't going to go anywhere, I like tall guys."  Wrong.  I'm completely crazy about him and the height thing just isn't an issue at all.

I think that's the OP's point.  Some women don't have an open mind or give him that chance.

kirps

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #79 on: January 17, 2007, 01:00:11 PM »

I think that's the OP's point.  Some women don't have an open mind or give him that chance.

ding ding ding winner, if I had a cookie I'd give you one.