Law School Discussion

Women: Are you a height bigot?

Seventeen

• "Hope is a risk that must be run."
    • View Profile
Re: Women: Are you a height bigot?
« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2007, 10:17:30 AM »
Thank you Villefort, but I don't need it. Had a 6'5" for over two years, now I've moved on to a 6'2"...  ;D

h2xblive

« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2007, 10:21:43 AM »
Thank you Villefort, but I don't need it. Had a 6'5" for over two years, now I've moved on to a 6'2"...  ;D

Carry on and enjoy yourself.  :P

fuwaf

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2007, 11:03:48 AM »
I'm not a height bigot.  As long as he's not shorter than me, it's all good.

Commie Panda

• Don't worry, I'm not really a commie...or a panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2007, 11:08:43 AM »
How much does a man's height matter to you womenfolk? I am 5'7" or 5'8" and I have been running into the tall girl brick wall a lot lately. I even had one girl directly tell me "I like you but you are too short." She was probably 5'10" or so. So women, are you discriminatory?

Sorry dahlin'... but I am. I'm 5'3.5"... so I really shouldn't be. I like my guys at 5'10" or taller... but I've gone out with guys as short as 5'6/5'7. They don't have to be big (not so much into body)... but I do like my men tall  :P

I can understand wanting your guy to be taller than you, but it's got to be relative. Isn't it kind of unfair, for example, to have a girl who's only 5' to be demanding guys over 5'10". That's a kind of extreme example, but if you're 5'6" or more, I can understanding wanting a guy 6' or taller...but if you're barely 5' or slightly above, don't be expecting a 6'+ guy. This wasn't really directed at you SugarJ...actually it kind of was.

SugarJ

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2007, 11:18:14 AM »
How much does a man's height matter to you womenfolk? I am 5'7" or 5'8" and I have been running into the tall girl brick wall a lot lately. I even had one girl directly tell me "I like you but you are too short." She was probably 5'10" or so. So women, are you discriminatory?

Sorry dahlin'... but I am. I'm 5'3.5"... so I really shouldn't be. I like my guys at 5'10" or taller... but I've gone out with guys as short as 5'6/5'7. They don't have to be big (not so much into body)... but I do like my men tall  :P

I can understand wanting your guy to be taller than you, but it's got to be relative. Isn't it kind of unfair, for example, to have a girl who's only 5' to be demanding guys over 5'10". That's a kind of extreme example, but if you're 5'6" or more, I can understanding wanting a guy 6' or taller...but if you're barely 5' or slightly above, don't be expecting a 6'+ guy. This wasn't really directed at you SugarJ...actually it kind of was.

Lol. It just helps the appearance. Some guys like blonde girls... they don't only like blondes... but being blonde gives them a few points. Same is with me and height. It's not a requirement... but it adds a few points. So does long hair. Long hair can make up for not being as tall. I just like the tall and skinny type... I like to feel small compared to my guy.

« Reply #45 on: January 17, 2007, 11:20:27 AM »

Right on - Im with you there.

fuwaf

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2007, 11:28:26 AM »

That's not saying much.   :D

I know, that's why I don't care. :D

Plus I don't like tall guys because I find it hard to hug my brother.  He's too tall.

« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2007, 11:32:14 AM »

I can understand wanting your guy to be taller than you, but it's got to be relative. Isn't it kind of unfair, for example, to have a girl who's only 5' to be demanding guys over 5'10".

I dated a girl once that was maybe 5' on a good day. She told me I was by far the shortest guy she had dated and most of them were over 6'2". So these types are in fact out there (although I suppose I'm evidence a short guy could overcome "height bigotry") Btw, the Frontline thing I mentioned earlier in this post said that females like a male 6" taller or more than her.

Commie Panda

• Don't worry, I'm not really a commie...or a panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2007, 11:35:34 AM »

I can understand wanting your guy to be taller than you, but it's got to be relative. Isn't it kind of unfair, for example, to have a girl who's only 5' to be demanding guys over 5'10".

I dated a girl once that was maybe 5' on a good day. She told me I was by far the shortest guy she had dated and most of them were over 6'2". So these types are in fact out there (although I suppose I'm evidence a short guy could overcome "height bigotry") Btw, the Frontline thing I mentioned earlier in this post said that females like a male 6" taller or more than her.

Hmmm, that kind of height difference could make for some interesting scenarios.

kirps

• Why don't you burn in hell?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2007, 11:37:04 AM »
kirps...have you noticed that your personality has disguised your height somewhat? Several people are surprised when I mention that im 5-7 and always say that thought I was taller. If i suffer from SMS, it manifests itself in the extroverted/sarcastic/life of the party way so I like to think my "larger than life" personality makes up for my short stature.

I have noticed that, but it kinda comes back to mite me sometimes, i.e. I will make a good impression on a girl, or personality-wise she'll think I'm great but it will come back up when she starts thinking about romantics, so to speak. Very few of my friends would describe me as a short person, but when it comes to dating, it seems to break the deal for me. i.e. the girl who said "I like you but you are too short"