Law School Discussion

Women: Are you a height bigot?

h2xblive

Re: Women: Are you a height bigot?
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2007, 09:20:16 AM »
there are women out there that like short men.  believe me, i know some of them.

My husband's tallish (6'2), but I've spent time with men shorter and smaller than me.  I'm 5'5, 120 lbs, so that's a small guy.  It was nice to be able to push back.  I had no problem with smaller stature; my problem was with the corresponding attitude problems.

My ideal height would be about 5'8, but I'm ok with my fella.  I'm just always a little surprised when I see how small I look compared to him in pictures.  It's not my preference to look or feel doll-like.

I'm surprised noone has brought up the "short man syndrome" until now...

Care to elaborate?

pikey

• Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2007, 09:22:48 AM »
there are women out there that like short men.  believe me, i know some of them.

My husband's tallish (6'2), but I've spent time with men shorter and smaller than me.  I'm 5'5, 120 lbs, so that's a small guy.  It was nice to be able to push back.  I had no problem with smaller stature; my problem was with the corresponding attitude problems.

My ideal height would be about 5'8, but I'm ok with my fella.  I'm just always a little surprised when I see how small I look compared to him in pictures.  It's not my preference to look or feel doll-like.

I'm surprised noone has brought up the "short man syndrome" until now...

Care to elaborate?

Many short men seems to have a 'larger than life' personality to make up for their height.  It can be good (outgoing, charismatic, etc) or bad (loud, obnoxious, etc).

basal

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2007, 09:25:04 AM »
5'6"

not many men are significantly shorter than i am as it is, so i don't have a height preference. i've dated a whole range of heights from shorter to much taller. in fact, i've found that there are advantages to similar heights. ;)

My (male) friend is 5'5".  He was engaged to a girl that was 5'10".  She wanted him to wear lifts at the wedding because in her opinion, the groom has to be taller than the bride in every photo.  Um, that would have been 6 inch lifts.  Plus, he was supposed to wear his military dress uniform.  6 inch lifts aren't quite within regulation.  For a variety of reasons the wedding was called off.

damn.

one of the nastiest height comments i've ever heard came from a guy referring the groom at a wedding he attended. he was a friend of the significantly taller and thinner bride. he said the couple standing together resembled a golf club.

:D

kirps

• Why don't you burn in hell?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2007, 09:25:27 AM »
Mona Lisa is exactly right.

I have no trouble admitting the "short man syndrome", as you can tell from this post I've obviously got myself a case. I contend that this is brought on by the reaction I get to being short. You can't be compensating for something if that attribute isn't having some affect that must be compensated for.

There are a couple of versions of SMS. I happen to have the variety that is non-violent but very loud and joke-oriented. I tend to operate with a high-energy level and a lot of comedy/sarcasm. I personally find the fight-picking variety of SMS to be much more annoying and potentially damaging. There is also the less common wall-flower variety, but @#!* that noise, its too boring.

« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2007, 09:34:03 AM »
I'm 5'8" and women don't have a problem with my height.

It's the oozing sores and third nipple that freak them out.

Seventeen

• "Hope is a risk that must be run."
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2007, 09:35:38 AM »
I'm 5'9", so that means that I'm 6 feet tall when I wear nice heels. How can a girl NOT have a cutoff?! Soft factors included... my cutoff is 6'2".. I've also dated a guy who was 6'6'' and that was a bit tall, so 6'2" to 6'5" and you could be mine! ;)

« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2007, 09:35:49 AM »
kirps...have you noticed that your personality has disguised your height somewhat? Several people are surprised when I mention that im 5-7 and always say that thought I was taller. If i suffer from SMS, it manifests itself in the extroverted/sarcastic/life of the party way so I like to think my "larger than life" personality makes up for my short stature.

jer

• i likes gold chapstick
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2007, 09:40:10 AM »
kirps,
have you tried walking around in himalayan hiking boots?
they would add a couple of inches

/and provide out-of-this-world comfort to your feet

h2xblive

« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2007, 09:41:01 AM »
I'm 5'9", so that means that I'm 6 feet tall when I wear nice heels. How can a girl NOT have a cutoff?! Soft factors included... my cutoff is 6'2".. I've also dated a guy who was 6'6'' and that was a bit tall, so 6'2" to 6'5" and you could be mine! ;)

Good luck - you're gonna need it.

SugarJ

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2007, 09:52:06 AM »
How much does a man's height matter to you womenfolk? I am 5'7" or 5'8" and I have been running into the tall girl brick wall a lot lately. I even had one girl directly tell me "I like you but you are too short." She was probably 5'10" or so. So women, are you discriminatory?

Sorry dahlin'... but I am. I'm 5'3.5"... so I really shouldn't be. I like my guys at 5'10" or taller... but I've gone out with guys as short as 5'6/5'7. They don't have to be big (not so much into body)... but I do like my men tall  :P