Law School Discussion

Women: Are you a height bigot?

kirps

• Why don't you burn in hell?
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Women: Are you a height bigot?
« Reply #100 on: January 17, 2007, 01:55:43 PM »
Body type isn't changeable, but there is definitely room for flex within body type. I would say I am the look-good-in-clothes-could-stand-improvement-naked type. And I hit the gym 5 times a week to make those improvements, slowly. I only weigh 20lbs more now than I did in the fifth grade, not because I am small now, but because in fifth grade I was ri-goddamn-diculous fat. Weight is controllable to a degree, and I have learned the extent of that degree by experience. I think there is definitely some weight-bigotry going on in this country (used bigotry for congruency, disregard for flame purposes) but I believe there is also a tendency to use the body-type excuse as a crutch, I know I've done it and I've watched my whole family do it.

fuwaf

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 17, 2007, 02:02:13 PM »
Body type isn't changeable, but there is definitely room for flex within body type. I would say I am the look-good-in-clothes-could-stand-improvement-naked type. And I hit the gym 5 times a week to make those improvements, slowly. I only weigh 20lbs more now than I did in the fifth grade, not because I am small now, but because in fifth grade I was ri-goddamn-diculous fat. Weight is controllable to a degree, and I have learned the extent of that degree by experience. I think there is definitely some weight-bigotry going on in this country (used bigotry for congruency, disregard for flame purposes) but I believe there is also a tendency to use the body-type excuse as a crutch, I know I've done it and I've watched my whole family do it.

I'm not saying people who are extremely overweight or obese can't do anything about it, but everyone is different.  Not every girl is going to be a size 0-6, regardless of what guys find most attractive.

kirps

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #102 on: January 17, 2007, 02:09:57 PM »
Agreed and acknowledged, but I am also saying that there seems to more flex in the over size six range than the less than six feet range. Is there another characteristic that I may be missing that is more universal than height? If you can't tell I am finding this part of the discussion very interesting.

Oddibemcd

• Take that Rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 17, 2007, 03:44:06 PM »
How old are you? There are some options for short people to get an extra inch or two if they still have growth plates on their bones. Kinda like controlling weight through stomach stapling. I think that girls look for 6-8 inches above them. I'm 5' 11", usually date girls 5' 3" to 5' 6" or so.
To sound mysogynistic: Girls like shoes. I know a girl who cannot wear heels because of how short her BF is and it really pisses her off. While you can't help how tall you are, she can't help what she wants to be with.

« Reply #104 on: January 17, 2007, 03:45:08 PM »
you can wear heels even if your boyfriend is shorter than you, as long as he doesn't have insecurities about it. I've never dated a guy shorter than me, but I have dated a guy who was shorter than me while wearing heels, and since he was ok with it, it wasn't a problem at all.

kirps

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #105 on: January 17, 2007, 04:48:26 PM »
How old are you? There are some options for short people to get an extra inch or two if they still have growth plates on their bones. Kinda like controlling weight through stomach stapling. I think that girls look for 6-8 inches above them. I'm 5' 11", usually date girls 5' 3" to 5' 6" or so.
To sound mysogynistic: Girls like shoes. I know a girl who cannot wear heels because of how short her BF is and it really pisses her off. While you can't help how tall you are, she can't help what she wants to be with.

I'm 25 so no growth left on these bones...

you can wear heels even if your boyfriend is shorter than you, as long as he doesn't have insecurities about it. I've never dated a guy shorter than me, but I have dated a guy who was shorter than me while wearing heels, and since he was ok with it, it wasn't a problem at all.

Yeah, this is how I roll, most of the girls I have dated have been either even or just inch or so shorter than me, so they were all taller in heels, I personally couldn't care less.

EEtoJD

• Football!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 17, 2007, 05:48:29 PM »
This is a ridiculously active thread for something like this.

I'm 5'11". And I'm not talking about how tall I am.  :o

Sorry, obligatory.

« Reply #107 on: January 17, 2007, 06:00:03 PM »
I'm 5'8... as long as a guy is taller than me without shoes on, I don't really care.  Sometimes I think it's cool to be the taller one in heels.

kirps

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #108 on: January 17, 2007, 06:46:26 PM »

the op has some short mans syndrome

keep at it for 9 pages

accept your fate, develop an asian fetish like half of the other guys in the world

Previously admitted the SMS, I consider this 9 pages of entertainment, and a little validation of my view on the world.

And at the risk of sounding insensitive, I never caught the yellow fever, don't have any particular like/dislike of asian girls.

kirps

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #109 on: January 17, 2007, 07:01:22 PM »

or become a stilt wearing street musician, chicks dig musicians

Now that's an idea!