Law School Discussion

Women: Are you a height bigot?

kirps

• Why don't you burn in hell?
    • View Profile
    • Email
Women: Are you a height bigot?
« on: January 17, 2007, 08:06:34 AM »
How much does a man's height matter to you womenfolk? I am 5'7" or 5'8" and I have been running into the tall girl brick wall a lot lately. I even had one girl directly tell me "I like you but you are too short." She was probably 5'10" or so. So women, are you discriminatory?

Boss

• You've gotta be cruel to be kind.
    • View Profile
Re: Women: Are you a height bigot?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2007, 08:08:39 AM »
At 5'2", it's pretty impossible for me to be a height bigot.  However, I have dated a few guys over 5'11", and get yelled at by my taller friends for taking all of the tall guys. 

Hey, I can't help it that at my height, the cute index is through the roof. 

pikey

• Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2007, 08:11:16 AM »
At 5'4", I won't date anyone under 5'10".  Sorry.  :P

jer

• i likes gold chapstick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2007, 08:11:26 AM »
At 5'2", it's pretty impossible for me to be a height bigot. However, I have dated a few guys over 5'11", and get yelled at by my taller friends for taking all of the tall guys.

Hey, I can't help it that at my height, the cute index is through the roof.

:D

Brito

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2007, 08:13:04 AM »
How much does a man's height matter to you womenfolk? I am 5'7" or 5'8" and I have been running into the tall girl brick wall a lot lately. I even had one girl directly tell me "I like you but you are too short." She was probably 5'10" or so. So women, are you discriminatory?

I am less than 5'2", and I do like tall guys (up to about 6'5"--then it's too tall).  But I've been attracted to and dated shorter ones, too, and it ultimately isn't a big factor.  5'7-5'8" isn't really all that short, anyway, just a little below average.

Perhaps the taller girls feel a little self-conscious already and don't want to draw more attention to their height by dating a short guy?  I don't know.

kirps

• Why don't you burn in hell?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2007, 08:16:22 AM »

This is exactly the kind of bigotry I have come in to contact with, its like there is a strict number and if you don't meet it you're done. Sort of like if HLS said LSAT less than 179, no dice...

ADL

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2007, 08:16:34 AM »
i have to admit that i am.

i'm 5'6" & i like 6 ft & over.  5'10" is probably the shortest i will go if i had to.

Boss

• You've gotta be cruel to be kind.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2007, 08:19:06 AM »

Perhaps the taller girls feel a little self-conscious already and don't want to draw more attention to their height by dating a short guy?  I don't know.

Plus there are so many cute heels out there, and if the taller girl already feels self conscious being seen with a shorter man, she's now forced to wear flats. 

Brito

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2007, 08:19:50 AM »

This is exactly the kind of bigotry I have come in to contact with, its like there is a strict number and if you don't meet it you're done. Sort of like if HLS said LSAT less than 179, no dice...

I don't know what is wrong with us.  I've never encountered men who have height restrictions on women... weight restrictions, maybe, but even that is pretty high schoolish. 

I wouldn't use it as a cutoff.  I'll consider soft factors. 

ADL

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2007, 08:20:13 AM »

i think it's a matter of preference.  some men don't care for overweight women & then you have some who like women "w/meat on them".  :D
i've had guys tell me i'm too skinny for them.  that i need to gain weight.  i didn't get offended.

there are women out there that like short men.  believe me, i know some of them.