Law School Discussion

SFLSD: Oh! The inhumanities.

pikey

• Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
Re: SFLSD: I don't quite understand
« Reply #31260 on: January 02, 2008, 04:34:16 PM »
ITT I take tips and advice for my interview on Friday.

tyia.

me too for interview on Weds!

You should shower too. Maybe closer to Wednesday.

Sounds good, especially since I have a new suit! Brown herringbone wool skirt suit from BR.  I'm gonna wear it with chocolate brown pumps and (hopefully) a kelly or forest green blouse.

Moni's such a classy babe!

I got a cheap suit from BR, too! But it wasn't that cool....

Mine's a phone interview, so I plan to not shower....

Sounds like my most of my vacation!  :D  I haven't showered before 12 once (and haven't woken up before 12 most days).  This has been my most decadent (ie slothful) vacation ever, since I've worked every other holiday for years.

I'm sure you're plenty classy too.  And good luck with your interview!

pikey

• Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31261 on: January 02, 2008, 04:58:47 PM »
Nothing yet  :-\ I've been lazy this break.  Career services sent me a list of suggested questions, so I'll definitely look at that.

my first firm interview ever:

i walk in, sit down.
interviewer: so, what can i tell you?

Ouch.

I had a scholarship interview where they asked my opinion on race relations in country of origin.

mugatu

• I'll show YOU pacifist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31262 on: January 02, 2008, 05:00:09 PM »
Everyone has interviews!  Good for everyone!

mugatu

• View Profile
« Reply #31263 on: January 02, 2008, 05:01:25 PM »
Um...

I lost money in my poker game, but not a lot. And today I found out my insurance policy is due, and I forgot to budget for the 6 month premium.

I also stubbed my toe on my radiator heater, and I am thinking about going to the doc.

(think I'm getting the hang of this thread)

Not quite.  This thread is a conversation.  You wouldn't tell the boring mundane details of your day to someone you just met, would you?  Tell us your life story.  Make us laugh.  ;)

This is correct.  We all have enough knowledge about one another than little updates mean something. 

Despite its look, this thread isn't twitter.

filet o' fish

• yum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31264 on: January 02, 2008, 05:11:24 PM »
Um...

I lost money in my poker game, but not a lot. And today I found out my insurance policy is due, and I forgot to budget for the 6 month premium.

I also stubbed my toe on my radiator heater, and I am thinking about going to the doc.

Not quite.  This thread is a conversation.  You wouldn't tell the boring mundane details of your day to someone you just met, would you?  Tell us your life story.  Make us laugh.  ;)

I don't get a sense of conversation, for the most part, but rather a bunch of random updates.

I'll try to participate when I can, though!

filet o' fish

• yum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31265 on: January 02, 2008, 05:14:01 PM »
Um...

This is correct.  We all have enough knowledge about one another than little updates mean something. 

Despite its look, this thread isn't twitter.

I see!

How do you like your boots?

mugatu

• View Profile
« Reply #31266 on: January 02, 2008, 05:18:32 PM »
I'm excited!  They're going to get some good use tomorrow (before they wait for further use in February.)  I think they actually fit.  Besides the whole worn down heel issue, I had some lift in my heel.  It seems I was in boots that were 0.5 too big.

Do you ski?  Snowboard?

mugatu

• View Profile
« Reply #31267 on: January 02, 2008, 05:22:47 PM »
::twitters::

<-halfway to tipsy

<-practicing for A2

You only have to get halfway!  If you average G and Sax, see...

GCoop.

• View Profile
« Reply #31268 on: January 02, 2008, 05:27:35 PM »
::twitters::

<-halfway to tipsy

<-practicing for A2

when are you visiting again?

mugatu

• View Profile
« Reply #31269 on: January 02, 2008, 05:28:31 PM »
I'm trying to figure out what to do tonight.

Right now I'm watching Family Guy, but I kind of want to start a fire (which is easy.)

Oh!

Water update: So our new pump in the well is great.  Our new tank to keep pressure is great.  But now it appears there is a hole between the well and the house which has now been exacerbated by the new higher powered pump.

They need to dig up the line from between the house and the well.  It's about 4 to 6 feet below the ground (so it doesn't freeze.)  Needless to say, my dad is super excited about the future bill.