Law School Discussion

SFLSD: Oh! The inhumanities.

Papa Bear

• Do these shades make me look fat?
    • View Profile
Re: SFLSD: I don't quite understand
« Reply #31160 on: December 30, 2007, 09:41:54 PM »
No, not recently. I want to say it was sometime around '93 or '94. So, it would make sense then that Depeche Mode was being played, but they were on nearly every station. I listened to one station for a while, but I swear they were being played every third or fourth song. I remember changing to five or six stations, all playing Depence Mode, and finally hit one that wasn't. The next song? You guessed it. Depeche Mode.

I saw them in concert at the Colosseum in 91. The Violator Tour. That was a pretty decent concert. Not the best, but I think that's because I was up in the seats instead of down on the floor.

mugatu

• I'll show YOU pacifist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31161 on: December 30, 2007, 09:42:45 PM »
the movie untraceable looks kinda good.  (if ridiculous - get the NSA on that *&^%.)

Papa Bear

• View Profile
« Reply #31162 on: December 30, 2007, 09:46:16 PM »
Tough to say.  People have noted that power buys a lot for some time.

Yes, but those sorts of remarks are more about "working the system." What I've seen a lot of recently are out-and-out statements that the government is run by the rich, which seems a little different to me. I've also noticed that people who say these sorts of things leave off the second part: "at the expense of the not-rich."

Papa Bear

• View Profile
« Reply #31163 on: December 30, 2007, 09:47:15 PM »
the movie untraceable looks kinda good.  (if ridiculous - get the NSA on that poo.)

I have completely stopped paying attention to new movies. I'm turning into my father!!!!

Papa Bear

• View Profile
« Reply #31164 on: December 30, 2007, 09:49:54 PM »
are you guys at the top of your class, if you don't mind me asking?  median? 

Sure. Why do you ask?

mugatu

• View Profile
« Reply #31165 on: December 30, 2007, 09:51:44 PM »
Tough to say.  People have noted that power buys a lot for some time.

Yes, but those sorts of remarks are more about "working the system." What I've seen a lot of recently are out-and-out statements that the government is run by the rich, which seems a little different to me. I've also noticed that people who say these sorts of things leave off the second part: "at the expense of the not-rich."

Hmmm.  I suppose, but I think it's mainly limited to this administration.  BushCo is good at this.

Papa Bear

• View Profile
« Reply #31166 on: December 30, 2007, 09:56:20 PM »
Hmmm.  I suppose, but I think it's mainly limited to this administration.  BushCo is good at this.

Really? I think they're bad at it. They're entirely too transparent which makes people care and that's bad for the rulers. You're supposed to make people not care.

EDIT: I'm too serious tonight. Going to bed now. Goodnight!

mugatu

• View Profile
« Reply #31167 on: December 30, 2007, 10:00:21 PM »

Really? I think they're bad at it. They're entirely too transparent which makes people care and that's bad for the rulers. You're supposed to make people not care.

EDIT: I'm too serious tonight. Going to bed now. Goodnight!

Good night!

Although, I think these things are more transparent than we want them to be.  If things are a muddled mess, we think everyone is really good at covering up what is really happening, but if it is actually transparent, then we think the people are just bad at covering it up.

I vote that it doesn't actually happen all of the time, but it does happen sometimes.

the marauder

• You've gone to the finest school alright
    • View Profile
« Reply #31168 on: December 30, 2007, 10:23:08 PM »
tre deuce

the marauder

• You've gone to the finest school alright
    • View Profile
« Reply #31169 on: December 30, 2007, 10:48:03 PM »
crushed