Law School Discussion

Accepted TODAY !!

Re: Accepted TODAY !!
« Reply #1270 on: February 09, 2007, 03:36:14 PM »
OMG! IN AT SAN DIEGO!!!!!

I'm shaking.. this is the one I've been waiting for!

That's awesome dude, I know you've been VERY interested in going to San Diego.

On a side note, this further proves my theory that San Diego doesn't accept any non-URMs with LSAT lower than 160, and that they basically treat 3.4-3.6/160-1 better than a 4.0/158-9 (sorry if this sounds bitter).

Thanks man.  I am extremely interested, and a visit out there will decide that now. 

And you don't come off as bitter at all.  I know exactly how you feel (with other schools I applied to).  However, if it's of any help, looking at last year, only 2 people with 159s were rejected, and they had around 3.0 or lower.

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/search_schools.php?action=search&school_code=4849&lsat1=159&lsat2=159&fee_waiver=0&status=0&gpa_lsdas1=&gpa_lsdas2=&attending=0&cycle=3&gpa_degree1=&gpa_degree2=&withdrawn=0&program=1&index1=&index2=&state=0&application_type=0&scholarship1=&scholarship2=&sex=0&multiple_lsat=0&urm=0&x=23&y=11&international=0

It also seemed as though everyone with a 159 or 160 who ended up on the waitlist was accepted.  I know it sucks to find out late, but a lot of them found out with plenty of time to still make an informed decision.

I don't suppose you're taking the LSAT tomorrow?

« Reply #1271 on: February 09, 2007, 03:56:44 PM »
You're right, I did notice that everyone with my numbers get waitlisted, and then nearly all end up getting in.  I'm not taking the LSAT tomorrow, but I probably will take it in June.

Anyway, San Diego is a great great place, and I hope you enjoy your visit.  I'll probably make a trip out there in March.

wolfpack2

• I should be reading cases....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: February 09, 2007, 04:02:53 PM »
In at Vandy. 

Ridiculous turnaround time: complete on Jan 25th.  All I can think of is that they really need geographic diversity, I have an NYC address.

If you could rate my jealousness on a scale of 1-10 it'd be a 25.  Congratulations :)

Also, congratulations to all the amazing acceptances today! USD, DePaul, Notredame, the Vandy's, I think I'm forgetting a couple.  It makes me sad all I got today was my graded lessons from a correspondence spanish class.

Vick

• View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: February 09, 2007, 04:17:26 PM »
USC acceptance!

Snail mail dated the 6th. 

Imelda Marcos

• If the "Choo" fits
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1274 on: February 09, 2007, 05:16:02 PM »
USC acceptance!

Snail mail dated the 6th. 

ooo my turn to be jealous, congrats

Imelda Marcos

• If the "Choo" fits
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1275 on: February 09, 2007, 05:18:19 PM »
Finally picked up the mail, and tada:

In at Loyola (los Angeles) via mail.  A nice little folder with metro map, housing info, ASW, financial info etc.  My first folder so that was nice!  The letter was dated yesterday 2/8/07 but I live in Orange County so it wasn't a far reach.  Congrats to everyone else who got acceptances today!

« Reply #1276 on: February 09, 2007, 06:37:02 PM »
In at UVA today. So excited - first non-safety acceptance. :)

latenitesession

• My primitive mind can't grasp these concepts
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: February 09, 2007, 06:40:46 PM »
Finally picked up the mail, and tada:

In at Loyola (los Angeles) via mail.  A nice little folder with metro map, housing info, ASW, financial info etc.  My first folder so that was nice!  The letter was dated yesterday 2/8/07 but I live in Orange County so it wasn't a far reach.  Congrats to everyone else who got acceptances today!

congrats hot stuff!

SilentSwirl

• Summer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: February 09, 2007, 06:42:40 PM »

Mmm... yay for non-safeties!! (Did I even spell that right??) Congratulations to you and to everyone else who got happy news today. *two thumbs up*

« Reply #1279 on: February 09, 2007, 06:48:15 PM »

Mmm... yay for non-safeties!! (Did I even spell that right??) Congratulations to you and to everyone else who got happy news today. *two thumbs up*

Thanks so much!