Law School Discussion

Accepted TODAY !!

Re: Accepted TODAY !!
« Reply #1020 on: February 06, 2007, 11:20:31 AM »
Marlinspike and Sigur - yes, I apparently had some profs who thought I was extra-special and gave me A+'s. I had all A's in college.

ctg31

• View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: February 06, 2007, 11:25:36 AM »
Marlinspike and Sigur - yes, I apparently had some profs who thought I was extra-special and gave me A+'s. I had all A's in college.

How does this happen?  Did you work really hard?  Have really easy classes?  Massive grade inflation?  Are you a genius?  I always thought that if I was an adcomm, it would seem awfully fishy if someone had never gotten below an A.

basal

• View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: February 06, 2007, 11:28:19 AM »

How does this happen?  Did you work really hard?  Have really easy classes?  Massive grade inflation?  Are you a genius?  I always thought that if I was an adcomm, it would seem awfully fishy if someone had never gotten below an A.

Under your gaze why would it be fishy?

ctg31

• View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: February 06, 2007, 11:30:19 AM »

Under your gaze why would it be fishy?

Just to cut it off at the pass, I was not trying to be a feminine hygiene product or anything.  It just seems like the idea that there someone could do absolutely perfect work for four years straight (while taking challenging classes) is too far fetched to have it occur so frequently (not targeted at aslaw)

« Reply #1024 on: February 06, 2007, 11:32:01 AM »
Well my major was easier than some, although I was co-valedicatorian with a chemistry major. I dunno, I just worked really hard. I really don't know how to guage grade inflation, since it exists pretty much everywhere. I'm not a genius, but I like to think I'm fairly intelligent.

Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: February 06, 2007, 11:33:13 AM »

On a scale with A+, an A is basically an A-... it is institutional grade inflation.

Miles Massey

• You fascinate me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: February 06, 2007, 11:35:55 AM »
bumping with a 4.01 (at a school with with an LSDAS average GPA of 3.18) Yayers!

ctg31

• View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: February 06, 2007, 11:36:47 AM »

On a scale with A+, an A is basically an A-... it is institutional grade inflation.

I meant all A's in general, I understand the math behind the 4.11.  Sorry.

« Reply #1028 on: February 06, 2007, 11:38:23 AM »

I suppose that could be true, although my school doesn't really have an across-the-board scale that includes an A+ - it's just a little something that the prof can throw on there. Honestly, I never thought it meant anything until I started applying to law schools. My institutional GPA was a 4.0.

basal

• View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: February 06, 2007, 11:46:48 AM »
ctg31:

No worries, your post did not seem patronizing one bit.

I have a cumulative 4.00 grade point index at my school as well. Although I can't speak for others, I can say that hard work and some luck were the main reasons for doing well. I am not the most intelligent person but I was very organized throughout college and I tried my best in every single class.