Law School Discussion

Accepted TODAY !!

Re: Accepted TODAY !!
« Reply #1010 on: February 06, 2007, 07:30:56 AM »
NYU today...by mail...large manilla envelope

(!)

'Grats...still considering GW seriously?

Thanks!  And yeah, I am.  I just can't say no all that easily to the chance to leave law school with no debt...and I am not a huge fan of New York City...

Still happy to be accepted...just a lot of factors to consider.

>:( :( ??? :-\ :'(

i agree. New York isn't really all it's made out to be.

I agree.  I'm from Long Island, and after 5 years of out state for college (+1 yr working) I came back to live and work in NYC.  It's awesome, no doubt, but very overrated IMO.

« Reply #1011 on: February 06, 2007, 07:43:51 AM »
I haven't gotten a decision in a long time and my last acceptance was almost a month ago. 

« Reply #1012 on: February 06, 2007, 07:44:50 AM »
I haven't gotten a decision in a long time and my last acceptance was almost a month ago. 

You get to choose between Northwestern, Cornell and GW.  I have no sympathy for you!  :P

« Reply #1013 on: February 06, 2007, 07:48:01 AM »
I know I have no reason to complain.  I would just like closure.  I can't wrap my mind around the decision until I know I'm not getting into any of the 6 schools that have yet to give me a final answer.

marlinspike

• Why yes, I am the one who took my avatar photo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: February 06, 2007, 07:49:19 AM »

(!)

Thanks!  And yeah, I am.  I just can't say no all that easily to the chance to leave law school with no debt...and I am not a huge fan of New York City...

It sounds silly, but I didn't apply to several schools simply because they were in New York, California, Texas, and Boston (well, I applied to one in Boston - no, not Harvard - and I didn't feel the others would be worth living in Boston for).

« Reply #1015 on: February 06, 2007, 07:49:44 AM »
I know I have no reason to complain.  I would just like closure.  I can't wrap my mind around the decision until I know I'm not getting into any of the 6 schools that have yet to give me a final answer.

I know.  I was just kidding and professing my jealousy.

Vick

• View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: February 06, 2007, 07:55:06 AM »

(!)

It sounds silly, but I didn't apply to several schools simply because they were in New York, California, Texas, and Boston (well, I applied to one in Boston - no, not Harvard - and I didn't feel the others would be worth living in Boston for).

That's not silly.  Unless I got a fee waiver, I generally stayed out of California and Texas. 

marlinspike

• Why yes, I am the one who took my avatar photo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: February 06, 2007, 08:05:06 AM »

That's not silly.  Unless I got a fee waiver, I generally stayed out of California and Texas. 

Well, to me 4 years ago it would have sounded very silly. When I applied to undergrad, I was of the mindset that who cares about location I want to go to the best place I can. By chance I've ended up at a college where I LOVE the location (and consider that I only use the word "love" like they use it in Germany and I still say that) and I've seen how nice it can be to go to school somewhere that you want to be. I've even started putting the cart before the horse and saying to myself "Even if I do get into Michigan, do I really want to go there?"

To keep this on topic. I think I got into Emory today. Got an e-mail about an online chat for admitted students, and as far as I can tell nobody else who hasn't gotten an acceptance packet has gotten that e-mail.

« Reply #1018 on: February 06, 2007, 09:15:29 AM »
In at Rutgers-Camden by email! Very nice email listing specifics from my app and also named a Dean's Academic Excellence Scholar, which comes with a scholarship.   :) :)

Congrats to others who got in today. 

3 acceptances since I applied about 15 or 16 days ago :-)  Getting my first rejection is going to be sad, but I know they're coming. 

beeker

• View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: February 06, 2007, 09:55:47 AM »

(!)

yeah what can I say, I'm a Boston girl at heart and NYC is just TOO MUCH city for me.  That said, still going to look and hoping I love it.  I did do some self-selection when it came to locations I would definitely not want to be in...Vanderbilt, Texas...

And whoever it was that mentioned wanting closure...man do I hear you...I feel very fortunate to have the options that I do...but it's so hard to even think about deciding without seeing everything that will end up on the table.