Law School Discussion

Accepted TODAY !!

fmlaw

• i'm so cool...
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Accepted TODAY !!
« Reply #840 on: February 01, 2007, 11:54:50 AM »
At risk of making everybody hate affirmative action a little more.... IN AT UT LAW!!! This is the best news ever.  Small envelope.

congrats dude! one question.. did your status checker change or does it still say pending reg. decision?

Miles Massey

• You fascinate me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: February 01, 2007, 12:07:14 PM »
By the way, for the Cornell status checkers out there, I was complete for about a week, (took like 2 weeks to go complete. Applied in late December), and then I got an email for my acceptance.

My status checker still said complete for about another 4 days after I was accepted, so don't rely on it (maybe at least not this early in the cycle still?)

I was surprised by my quick turnaround from complete to acceptance, and I'm hardly an auto-admit.

« Reply #842 on: February 01, 2007, 12:09:16 PM »
By the way, for the Cornell status checkers out there, I was complete for about a week, (took like 2 weeks to go complete. Applied in late December), and then I got an email for my acceptance.

My status checker still said complete for about another 4 days after I was accepted, so don't rely on it (maybe at least not this early in the cycle still?)

I was surprised by my quick turnaround from complete to acceptance, and I'm hardly an auto-admit.

I think you are.  Your index number puts you equal to someone at both of their 75%.

kirps

• Why don't you burn in hell?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #843 on: February 01, 2007, 12:13:30 PM »

Yeah, I just found out that the pre-law guy at my ugrad only sent the dean cert out on the 23rd even though I mailed it to him on the same day I sent the app (i.e. it sat on his desk for a month). I suspect I should be flipping to complete soon

« Reply #844 on: February 01, 2007, 12:15:01 PM »
I think you are.  Your index number puts you equal to someone at both of their 75%.

Straying from topic for a sec, but I've never understood the meaning of index numbers.  Do they reflect the weight that a certain schools give GPA/LSAT? My GPA is generally over the 75% percentile for most any school, but my LSAT certainly isn't for my reaches.  So is the index score a better point of comparison when looking at people on LSN who have already been accepted?

« Reply #845 on: February 01, 2007, 12:17:54 PM »
in at W&M big envelope today

« Reply #846 on: February 01, 2007, 12:19:36 PM »
In at USC--no acceptance e-mail or packet yet, but a Scholarship/fin aid e-mail that congratulates me on my acceptance.

congrats

I think USC wins the prize for most disorganized admissions office.

« Reply #847 on: February 01, 2007, 12:20:43 PM »
Congrats Dee!  Isn't it ironic how schools can't get their act together to notify you officially but you can still be put on some rather less important e-mail list.

« Reply #848 on: February 01, 2007, 12:21:44 PM »
in at Wake, first acceptance  ;D
i'm an alternate for a "substantial merit based scholarship"

BirdMang

« Reply #849 on: February 01, 2007, 12:36:14 PM »
At risk of making everybody hate affirmative action a little more.... IN AT UT LAW!!! This is the best news ever.  Small envelope.

congrats dude! one question.. did your status checker change or does it still say pending reg. decision?

thanks all  ;D   It still says I'm being considered for reg. decision.