Law School Discussion

Accepted TODAY !!

Johnny Stuffs His Mouth

• 1/2 of the Golden Couple
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Accepted TODAY !!
« Reply #640 on: January 29, 2007, 07:09:16 AM »
Yeah, I do the same thing.  I have one window dedicated to my e-mail and it refreshes itself every few minutes.

I know your naaaaaaaame...

« Reply #641 on: January 29, 2007, 07:13:19 AM »
I'm hearing from CLS via neither snail nor e-mail.  This is my new logic:

Waiting sucks.  Finding an empty mailbox compels you to wallow in the suckiness of waiting more.  Choosing not to check the mail for a few days entails the suckiness of waiting, but the empowerment of freedom.  And by Friday, my rej...decision...will be waiting for me.

I agree.  When I checked my email every hour I was simply miserable all day when I saw an empty inbox.  But when I just waited and checked only once at night, I didn't ruin my entire day.  My frequency wasn't going to change the decisions of the school either way so why make myself suffer even more.  It was tough the first few days to stick to my plan and I was tempted to check more frequently, but I built up the resistance after awhile.

This is why you get an email account that automatically alerts you when you have new email, like gmail. I devote 1 Internet Explorer page to gmail at work. Speaking of which, I just got a new email.

Yeah, I thought about that, but I figured I would find myself running to the computer 28 times a day, every time I heard an alert- all I would do is be disappointed and miserable.  Plus not working near a computer (self-employed Landscape Maintenace) has helped me stay away from temptation, though for the first few days I always found myself going home for the smallest excuse and immediately logging on to my email.  If I didn't break that habit soon I would have been too broke to afford even the move to a law school  

kirkcameronsgf

• Ever since I can remember, I been poppin' my colla
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: January 29, 2007, 07:34:13 AM »
Yeah, I do the same thing.  I have one window dedicated to my e-mail and it refreshes itself every few minutes.

I know yours.  :P

Carry on w/ on-topic convo...  ;D

jer

• i likes gold chapstick
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: January 29, 2007, 07:35:33 AM »
Yeah, I do the same thing. I have one window dedicated to my e-mail and it refreshes itself every few minutes.

I know yours. :P

Carry on w/ on-topic convo... ;D

every time i see you post in here i think you heard from smu

/tease

wolfpack2

• I should be reading cases....
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: January 29, 2007, 07:52:49 AM »

While I'm at home I use trillian (an IM service) that pops up a little window in the corner anytime I receive new mail AND it says who its from.  It keeps me from getting my hopes up while I wait for my email to load.  This of course doesn't work during the day while I'm not home, so I find myself making excuses to use our receptionists computer.  :-\

ihope i hope

• I will be living in a cardboard box....forever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #645 on: January 29, 2007, 08:07:57 AM »
I've taken to almost stalking the mailman.  Poor guy.

*waiting till 11:35*

Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #646 on: January 29, 2007, 10:42:14 AM »
In at Emory! Large envelope!

« Reply #647 on: January 29, 2007, 11:07:36 AM »

Congrats, I know you were hoping for this one.

In at Utah via phone call.

Congrats! 8)

bamf

• legal eagle
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: January 29, 2007, 11:14:03 AM »
yeah congrats Cap'n, thats a great school.

As for me, I got in at BU today, large, thick white envelope.

Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #649 on: January 29, 2007, 11:14:03 AM »

Congrats, I know you were hoping for this one.

Yep! Its my first T-30 acceptance. If my cycle ended today, I won't have to cry. All I have left are my reaches though :(