Law School Discussion

Accepted TODAY !!

Re: Accepted TODAY !!
« Reply #250 on: January 16, 2007, 09:59:31 PM »
Chin up!  The envelope will come when you least expect it.  I had been checking the mail like a hawk scanning the desert and making myself crazy.  Today I had to pick up my friend from the doctor's office after she had laser eye surgery and get her home safely.  Then I spent all night at her house putting in medicated eye drops and getting her food and narrating what was happening onscreen during Law and Order.  I didn't think about Law School at all.  I didn't get home till 11:30 PM and there was a happy fat envelope waiting - just when I had forgotten to look for it!

Garry Shandling

• How's My Hair?
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: January 16, 2007, 10:36:50 PM »
Chin up!  The envelope will come when you least expect it.  I had been checking the mail like a hawk scanning the desert and making myself crazy.  Today I had to pick up my friend from the doctor's office after she had laser eye surgery and get her home safely.  Then I spent all night at her house putting in medicated eye drops and getting her food and narrating what was happening onscreen during Law and Order.  I didn't think about Law School at all.  I didn't get home till 11:30 PM and there was a happy fat envelope waiting - just when I had forgotten to look for it!

A watched pot never boils.

Imelda Marcos

• If the "Choo" fits
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #252 on: January 16, 2007, 10:41:02 PM »

Thank you grasshoppa! lol

wolfpack2

• I should be reading cases....
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 16, 2007, 10:45:55 PM »

Very true :) I called all the schools that hadn't updated my status this afternoon and figured after talking to all the admissions people that the EARLIEST I would hear ANYTHING would be the first week of February. Sure enough, I got home, checked the mail, walked to my apartment without sorting out the junk mail first, and almost missed the letter when I put it into the "not junk mail" pile. Once I'd given up my OCD addiction it was restarted lol

« Reply #254 on: January 17, 2007, 01:31:00 AM »
1/16 Letter in mail from UVa notifying of acceptance.  Very nice of them.

Pugnacious

• C'est law vie...
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: January 17, 2007, 06:02:30 AM »
My first acceptance - USC!!! My mom emailed me because I am in Thailand. Latter dated 1/12

Ali

• View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 17, 2007, 06:47:35 AM »
bump

« Reply #257 on: January 17, 2007, 07:00:12 AM »
I got accepted to Michigan yesterday on 1/16/2007.  No information about the Financial Aid was included in the envelop, but an informational CD was provided.  

« Reply #258 on: January 17, 2007, 07:51:02 AM »
No, I didnít get a deferral from Michigan, I actually didnít hear from them in more than a month.  I just got a regular acceptance letter from them.  There was also a handwritten note on my admission letter from one of the admissions people. Telling me they can put me in contact with current students if I want to. 

Not sure when I first went to decision, but the first time i saw it on their website was on 1/13/07 ( I havenít been checking regularly) 

« Reply #259 on: January 17, 2007, 08:11:36 AM »
Are most folks being notified by snail mail or are you finding out by logging on to the school's website and checking your status?