Re: Accepted TODAY !!
« Reply #630 on: January 28, 2007, 12:52:39 PM »
Congrats, Quasi  :)

jalong

• View Profile
« Reply #631 on: January 28, 2007, 02:04:33 PM »
CLS dated 1/24 !!! This is ridiculous!

Are some people not getting notified from CLS by email?  Should I start obsessively checking the mail much like I obsessively check my email?

JTcc

• Such sweet sorrow
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #632 on: January 28, 2007, 02:18:39 PM »
I'm hearing from CLS via neither snail nor e-mail.  This is my new logic:

Waiting sucks.  Finding an empty mailbox compels you to wallow in the suckiness of waiting more.  Choosing not to check the mail for a few days entails the suckiness of waiting, but the empowerment of freedom.  And by Friday, my rej...decision...will be waiting for me.

« Reply #633 on: January 28, 2007, 02:26:07 PM »
CLS dated 1/24 !!! This is ridiculous!

Are some people not getting notified from CLS by email?  Should I start obsessively checking the mail much like I obsessively check my email?

seems like those overseas who have been accepted receive and email.
hth :)

tdice7

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #634 on: January 28, 2007, 03:08:00 PM »
Got accepted to Vanderbilt yesterday! 

Congrats!!! Just out of curiousity, what are your numbers??

wolfpack2

• I should be reading cases....
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: January 28, 2007, 11:43:44 PM »

Waiting sucks.  Finding an empty mailbox compels you to wallow in the suckiness of waiting more.  Choosing not to check the mail for a few days entails the suckiness of waiting, but the empowerment of freedom.  And by Friday, my rej...decision...will be waiting for me.

I am amazed by your strength if you can wait till Friday to check the mail.  I wish I had your resolve. *sigh*

basal

• View Profile
« Reply #636 on: January 29, 2007, 06:51:40 AM »
Waiting.

A very painful experience indeed.

« Reply #637 on: January 29, 2007, 06:57:50 AM »

I agree.  When I checked my email every hour I was simply miserable all day when I saw an empty inbox.  But when I just waited and checked only once at night, I didn't ruin my entire day.  My frequency wasn't going to change the decisions of the school either way so why make myself suffer even more.  It was tough the first few days to stick to my plan and I was tempted to check more frequently, but I built up the resistance after awhile.

Johnny Stuffs His Mouth

• 1/2 of the Golden Couple
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #638 on: January 29, 2007, 07:05:27 AM »

I agree.  When I checked my email every hour I was simply miserable all day when I saw an empty inbox.  But when I just waited and checked only once at night, I didn't ruin my entire day.  My frequency wasn't going to change the decisions of the school either way so why make myself suffer even more.  It was tough the first few days to stick to my plan and I was tempted to check more frequently, but I built up the resistance after awhile.

This is why you get an email account that automatically alerts you when you have new email, like gmail. I devote 1 Internet Explorer page to gmail at work. Speaking of which, I just got a new email.

kirkcameronsgf

• Ever since I can remember, I been poppin' my colla
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: January 29, 2007, 07:08:03 AM »
Yeah, I do the same thing.  I have one window dedicated to my e-mail and it refreshes itself every few minutes.