Law School Discussion

Accepted TODAY !!

Matokah

• Ice? In Sacramento? Hmm. . .
    • View Profile
Re: Accepted TODAY !!
« Reply #380 on: January 20, 2007, 04:12:24 PM »
No new admission offers (apparently only 4 schools really liked me), but I got a scholarship offer from Marquette.  I'm 4/4 for scholarship offers, heh. :)

deedeeleigh: You asked me earlier in the cycle about whether I thought I'd get similar offers from schools I applied to 2 years ago.  If this helps at all, 2 years ago, Hamline gave me 8500/year.  This year, they offered me 22,800/year.  Pretty cool. :) (Then again, Pacific hasn't even gotten back to me yet, and I've been complete for over 2 months. . .we'll see how this works out soon enough for that school!).

« Reply #381 on: January 20, 2007, 07:32:26 PM »
I went to Decision at Georgetown yesterday. My first, so I hope it's good news...this is a bit off-topic, but I didn't see a thread about it. Anyone else just change?

Matokah

• Ice? In Sacramento? Hmm. . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: January 20, 2007, 11:45:22 PM »

That's great news, congrats! I'm sure that softens the Michigan blow, though I am sorry to hear about that. I was a bit concerned about reapplying and schools taking it badly that you had withdrawn in the past, but looks like that hasn't affected you in any negative way. Good to know, and congrats again!

Yep, a scholarship offer the day before and day after a rejection is a nice fluffy, cushion to the blow that Michigan dealt.  I'm recovering quite nicely. :)

Little worried about Pacific, because I don't think I withdrew officially 2 years ago (I was so freaking sick that I don't even remember to this day).  We'll see if that comes back to bite me whenever I hear back from them.

« Reply #383 on: January 21, 2007, 09:51:31 AM »
I just got a call from my mom informing me that junk mail that has been sitting on her coffee table for 2 weeks was an acceptance from Boston College!!!!!  This is the best hangover cure!  I'm going to be a lawyer!!!!

bamf

• legal eagle
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: January 21, 2007, 10:17:40 AM »
I just got a call from my mom informing me that junk mail that has been sitting on her coffee table for 2 weeks was an acceptance from Boston College!!!!!  This is the best hangover cure!  I'm going to be a lawyer!!!!

LOL that is awesome but I would KILL my parents if they didn't notice an acceptance...
anyways congrats, stop by our thread http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,80704.0.html

bamf

• legal eagle
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: January 21, 2007, 11:09:36 AM »
I just got a phone call from GW!!!
ME: This was kind of unexpected on a Sunday
Dean Richard: Yeah well I'm behind, I have to catch up on my work

whoa

Pugnacious

• C'est law vie...
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: January 21, 2007, 11:28:28 AM »
I just got a phone call from GW!!!
ME: This was kind of unexpected on a Sunday
Dean Richard: Yeah well I'm behind, I have to catch up on my work

whoa

Wow, congrats, Bamf!! That is great news. Also gives all of us OCD people a reason to be even more neurotic...Sundays are fair game!

« Reply #387 on: January 21, 2007, 11:38:59 AM »
In at GULC and W&L. Finally, I can sit back a little.
Just got back from a conference. Found mail sitting in my mail box. What a relief. :D

« Reply #388 on: January 21, 2007, 11:42:38 AM »
I just got the phone call from GW as well!  Now my Sundays are going to be every bit as nerve wracking as the other days :D

kenny32

• You're sorry I'm sorry Everybody's sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: January 21, 2007, 12:01:56 PM »
In at Georgetown! Got the letter on Friday but I waa on vacation till now.  :)