Law School Discussion

Accepted TODAY !!

Re: Accepted TODAY !!
« Reply #1160 on: February 08, 2007, 03:13:07 PM »
Why would a school, let's call it Brooklyn, send you a HUGE ENVELOPE 6 weeks after you applied that just has a brochure to apply to specific law programs on top of their regular JD.

Are they purposely trying to torture us?  >:(

« Reply #1161 on: February 08, 2007, 03:14:30 PM »
Diecisiete, i got a call from her too, but couldn't answer it.  (Was in class)

I called back a while later and left a message but haven't heard back.  Hopefully I hear the same news as you :)

Imelda Marcos

• If the "Choo" fits
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1162 on: February 08, 2007, 03:17:18 PM »
Why would a school, let's call it Brooklyn, send you a HUGE ENVELOPE 6 weeks after you applied that just has a brochure to apply to specific law programs on top of their regular JD.

Are they purposely trying to torture us?  >:(

lol awwww maybe it's a good sign of things to come!

« Reply #1163 on: February 08, 2007, 03:20:31 PM »
Diecisiete, i got a call from her too, but couldn't answer it.  (Was in class)

I called back a while later and left a message but haven't heard back.  Hopefully I hear the same news as you :)

I called her back too. I'm sure its good news. Congrats!

Clipse

• Strictly Bathing Ape, Ice Cream, and BBC rocker...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: February 08, 2007, 03:29:42 PM »
We've got a higher average SAT and student's families have a lower average income than at UCLA Mr. Bruin. This "USC is a dumb party school for rich kids" thing is really going away fast.

Two things:

1. The higher SAT part is a farce, because USC counts/reports best scores in each category (multiple sittings) and we count best score in one sitting. Anyone who has applied to both in the last 5 years knows which undergrad school is more selective.

2. I was referring to your athletes, not your entire student body. Chauncey Washington (ineligible two years), Taj Gibson (21 year-old freshman, needed prep school), Davon Jefferson (still trying to qualify academically with remedial English in adult school), Gabe Pruitt (ineligible fall '06), Troy Van Blarcom (academically ineligible after fall, booted out of school), Matt Spanos (ineligible all of this season) the list goes on. And that's just the last year or two.

Every school has idiot athletes that can't make the grade, especially ones with elite football and basketball programs. I honestly can't/don't want to get into the USC vs. UCLA battle. They're both good schools with good athletics programs. I've got no beef with UCLA other than during and immediately after football and basketball games, hell I'd love to go to UCLA Law. I just don't take kindly to potshots.

Rusty Shackleford

• #1 OATLAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: February 08, 2007, 03:30:16 PM »
In at Penn. Got the phone call from Dean Post. I took Nyquil beforehand so I hope I didn't sound out of it.  :)

Congrats!

Clipse

• Strictly Bathing Ape, Ice Cream, and BBC rocker...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: February 08, 2007, 03:36:06 PM »
Every school has idiot athletes that can't make the grade, especially ones with elite football and basketball programs. I honestly can't/don't want to get into the USC vs. UCLA battle. They're both good schools with good athletics programs. I've got no beef with UCLA other than during and immediately after football and basketball games, hell I'd love to go to UCLA Law. I just don't take kindly to potshots.

But potshots are fun! I actually watched the game with a USC grad who is now at UCLA law. Fun to pick people's brains about that sort of thing.

Objectively, they're about as dead-even as rivals as two schools can possibly be...

Agreed. I'm not sure how I'd live with myself if I ever ended up rooting for you guys, but it's not nearly as bad as my aversion to Notre Dame. Coming from a Big 10 family, I hate them so much I didn't even apply.

Imelda Marcos

• If the "Choo" fits
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1167 on: February 08, 2007, 03:37:04 PM »
I wish I could have been an Oregon State sportswriter last football season just to come up with headlines for the OSU-USC football game. Ahh, the irony of the Beavers f-ing the Trojans...

lol omg that's hilarious!

« Reply #1168 on: February 08, 2007, 03:39:43 PM »
stop bumping this thread with your BS.  that goes for the last few people that posted.  this is an ACCEPTANCE related thread.  don't post unless you were accepted somewhere or are replying to someone who was accepted somewhere ABOUT THEIR ACCEPTANCE.

Imelda Marcos

• If the "Choo" fits
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1169 on: February 08, 2007, 03:43:09 PM »
stop bumping this thread with your BS.  that goes for the last few people that posted.  this is an ACCEPTANCE related thread.  don't post unless you were accepted somewhere or are replying to someone who was accepted somewhere ABOUT THEIR ACCEPTANCE.

Take a chillaxitive.

TITCR